PDA

View Full Version : Fast learners

marie354
12-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I've noticed over the years that real women tend to learn things really fast. I mean when they want to about something whether it be a new trend or baseball rules. They seem to grasp things really quick. While a man seems to be a little slower but, in the end if a man sticks with it, He will be better at it. Does this hold true with crossdressing? Can we really look better with practice?

Calliope
12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I was fascinated to read in Louann Brizendine's The Female Brain (which I'd recommend over almost all CD-TG books) females have much larger vocabularies than men, on average.

And, yes, practice will raise the bar on your makeup and dressing. Takes a little while to learn what sort of body ya have.

Marla S
12-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Can we really look better with practice?
Of course. We missed several years of practice, comparing, trying this or that.

I've noticed over the years that real women tend to learn things really fast. I mean when they want to about something whether it be a new trend or baseball rules. They seem to grasp things really quick. While a man seems to be a little slower but, in the end if a man sticks with it, He will be better at it. Does this hold true with crossdressing?
It doesn't really hold true in general.
A lot depends on what you were trained to listen to, and this is in general still different for boys and girls.
Talk to a girl about your new car and ask her which details she was able to memorize after an hour.
Talk to a girl about family and friends and ask her which details she was able to memorize after an hour.
Do the same with a boy and you will realize that both are able to listen, but to different subjects.

Kate Simmons
12-14-2006, 10:45 PM
I may not grasp a new concept or skill too quickly but once I have it it's mine. I can improve on it and eventually master it. That being the case, I'm not a "practicing" CD anymore because I don't need any more practice. I only hone my CDing "skills" when I'm attempting a new look. As far as women being faster than men--uh--what was the question again?:happy: Ericka Kay

tekla west
12-15-2006, 01:17 AM
We don't have as big a vocabulary? Oh, yeah? Uhhh. Yeah, so.

Anyone who has taught knows that girls are on the whole better students then boys at some things. But do less well at others. The book TD speaks of talks a lot about the why of that, and how it might well be cultural and social as well as biological.

Angie G
12-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Been doing it for a long time still don't look good :hugs:
Angie

Marla S
12-15-2006, 01:42 AM
I was fascinated to read in Louann Brizendine's The Female Brain (which I'd recommend over almost all CD-TG books) females have much larger vocabularies than men, on average.
Hm, seems about time that I have to read it.
Is there an essence of the book as to what is cause and effect ?
I would have to read it in English (no German edition) and the last time I did that has been Harry Potter :hiding:
(scientific/technical books in a foreign language are bit exhausting :straightface: ).

Calliope
12-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Brizendine's reasoning is females rely on communication skills for survival (more than men). Most of the focus on hormones - not social conditioning - and my only complaint is the absence of any hormone studies with TGs; maybe next book.

Kate Simmons
12-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Well, according to the "theory" we read about last week, TG's are "smarter" than the average person (Yogi never had it so good). So, we have it all, beauty AND brains. Yup, yup, that we are!:p Ericka Kay

Jammie Lyann
12-15-2006, 03:48 AM
It was said (back in the 80's) that the average women could speak upwards of 20 to 40 thousand words a day,
where as a man would only speak about 5 to 10 thousand words a day.
this is beileve to be passed down through genetics from the day of the cave man/women when women had to stay back an teach the children an the men went out to hunt where it was required to remain quite.
However with the boom in technology an open communicationor the last 30 years, I believe that men an women are very much on equal grounds in anything an everything we set our minds to do.

Even CDing :D

JulieMichelle
12-15-2006, 11:46 AM

I don't doubt they have a larger vocabulary - all the gg I know talk way more than the guys. Chat chat chat! Plus, they need a bigger vocab to describe all the shoes and clothes they like! ;)

And on a related note, I noticed in school that although on average girls tended to have better grades than the guys, the truly "gifted" geniuses (read: the ones that finished with a 98% average) were nearly always guys. Just my obvservation.

Marla S
12-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Brizendine's reasoning is females rely on communication skills for survival (more than men). Most of the focus on hormones - not social conditioning - and my only complaint is the absence of any hormone studies with TGs; maybe next book.

Thanks.:happy:
I think I'll try to find a copy. The TG part would have been the most interesting one, though.

Calliope
12-15-2006, 04:54 PM
And on a related note, I noticed in school that although on average girls tended to have better grades than the guys, the truly "gifted" geniuses (read: the ones that finished with a 98% average) were nearly always guys.

Makes sense, guys are more autistic - hence better adapted to the specialization required by industrial society.