PDA

View Full Version : Waxing

jennifer easton
12-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok questions! how much does it set you back? where do you get it done,and what do you ask for? I epilate my legs tried my chest but that just is'nt going to work my hair is just to thick and cores!! its like wire!! I have epilated my legs, bottom, waist, tummy, but just can't do my chest, oh yeal I still shave my bikini area,so can use any info thanks xoxoxoJennifer

Shannon CD
12-14-2006, 11:16 PM
I tried waxing a few times. It was somewhere between $35 and $50, but I ended up getting the same ingrown hairs and bumps that I got when I shaved, so I decided not to waste the money. I did try Nair once and it seemed to take quite a while for the hair to grow back. As a matter of fact, the hair on my arms is still quite a bit thinner than it was and it has been at least 6 weeks.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for. Good luck with it if you try it.

BTW, I just started calling beauty shops in the phone book. It took a few times, but I found one that would wax men.

jennifer easton
12-14-2006, 11:50 PM
Its not so much the time as the stubble, shaving just dosen't get close as I would like it,so thats why I tried the epilator! but theres no way I can do my chest just no way, so I thought if I could get my chest and back done I can do the rest. xoxoxoJennifer

Marla S
12-15-2006, 12:03 AM
I have thick hair on my chest too and do epilate.
For the first time it is important to shorten them ( about 5 mm).
First time epilation is pure torture. Once you have it keep epilating, the hair won't grow back all at once. That makes it more easy and less painfull.
Some intractable hair I pull out with tweezers.