PDA

View Full Version : Hiding your stash

Sarahj
01-18-2005, 05:39 AM
Hi all,
I'm still in the closet when it come to dressing, so I still have to hide my clothes etc. At present my growing wardrobe is well hiden in the loft. But this becomes a problem when it comes to getting to it. i have to get the steps out of the garage and scamble into the loft, then repeat the process. I must say it's so difficult getting in and out of the loft, I know that nobody will come across my stash.
I would like a more convenient place to hide my clothes without through such a cafuffle..
Where do you hide your clothes ect...

Best wishes
Sarah

Donna Louise
01-18-2005, 06:23 AM
I used to hide them in the back of my closet (dresses, skirts and tops) behind my suits. Shoes were a completely different thing, I kept them in a box in the bottom of the closet. Undies and other things I hid in the back of my drawers. I never worried about anyone finding them. Of course the best laid plans - I had a bra hid in the inner pocket of a sportscoat. My wife decided to wear it one day. I was gone for a while I got back and had to answer questions about it. I had to convience the wife that it was mine and not a trophy from an affair. Please keep in mind that I was all ready wearing panty hose, panties, ladies jeans with my wife knowing about it. I came out to her about a year later. Since then I have only had to hid things from my daughter and grandson. Now I have tons of girly stuff. In fact more then guy stuff. Yup, I love to shop.

Hugs
Donna Louise

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 06:28 AM
a long time ago i use to hide my fem things in gear bags with hunting clouthes on top
now wendy's things are in the walk in closet in my office in my house just way to manny things to hide away in a bag now................my wife still dosen't know abought wendy................look around be creative,..............be careful............................
old trunks ................luggage.............in holladay boxes......................

good luck

ChristineRenee
01-18-2005, 06:29 AM
I've been lobbying for a Batcave now for years!:p

I have a number of footlockers for the stuff I can't hang up. The rest shares a spare closet with the wyff...under extreme protest and scrutinized regularly by her for new additions.:rolleyes:

Love,
Christine Renee

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Well I don't have to hide much anymore, but a good sized toolbox with a lock always confused people. Probably the last place prying eyes would search. I had (and still do) a metal tool cabinet that I kept my 'stash' in. Of sourse that limits the space you have to store things, but it works :)

Love
Tristen

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 09:40 AM
You can all keep your stuff here. I won't borrow it. Really. :D

Hugs,

Melissa :)

sherri
01-18-2005, 10:34 AM
A tough thing to solve for those who must hide their things : how to store your wigs and still keep them looking good.

Georgette
01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
No problem any more as Georgette and my wife get along fine, used to hide it in my gun safe but that ended when my wife met Georgette by accident that is, I got caught and she knew for about a year before so now no problem.LOL

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 11:35 AM
so the story has a happy ending ............or just a new begining???????????

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 01:55 PM
you know i was just thinking (i know thats not good) a long time a go that would have ment something diffrent to me ..................

Suzanna_CD
01-18-2005, 03:51 PM
I have a plastic box with a lid on it that is used to keep my childhood stuffed animals in it, so I have just moved a few aside to make room for my things, which is all well and good for the underwear (all I have previously worn), but started to get a lil cramped with skirts and such i want :D .

Ava Mouse
01-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, I don't have to hide anymore, which is great. But my wife appreciates my being discrete with the kids, guests, etc.

I used to hide clothes in the attic/crawl space, but in the apartment, this was not possible.

If you have big speakers for your stereo, remove the fiberglass and store clothes in there. An old pillow case will keep them clean without the sound of a plastic bag crinkling. Not recommended for audiophiles.... ;)

Another option is computer cases, of which I had a ton of large, old PC's. Just hope your wife doesn't take them to the dump for spring cleaning... ;)

For both, you'll need a screwdriver handy to open/close, but it's better than a ladder, hot attics and itchy fiberglass...

For the woodworker, kitchen and bathroom cabinets have a 4-5" base with plenty of room. Might be a neat project to make a 'door' and store things flat there...

Sara Kat
01-18-2005, 05:21 PM
I keep mine in a giant rubber bin as well. Not so much because I need to hide them as because I just don't have the room! Once I get to move into a real apartment I can get a lot more room.

Julie
01-18-2005, 06:24 PM
I used to keep everything in a locked suitcase under the bed but now I haven't got to bother, they are all over the place.

JJ

Katiegirl
01-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I used to hide things in the back of a drawer, under beds, in the loft, now I just keep them in the wardrope as I live alone.

If my kids (they would hate that the youngest is 25 ) are down I put them up in the loft it saves a lot of problems explaining. I may tell them one day as I am getting too many fem cloths to hide them every time they came down.

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch.

Jeanette H
01-18-2005, 07:03 PM
My femme stuff is mostly concealed under the bed, but a few things have overflowed to other corners of this room and the next. Most difficult things to hide, I've found, are knee-length boots and my wig stand.

T-girlMichelle
01-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I've been lobbying for a Batcave now for years!:p

I always wanted a dressing table like Batgirl remember the old TV series she would push her secret button and it turned around to reveal her costume. :D
But seriously when I had roommates I used to rent a storage room like Public Storage etc... I had a clothes rack, a dresser and a shoe rack in there. It worked great I'd pick out a couple of outfits put them in a suitcase grab my makeup case and off I went.

racheal
01-18-2005, 08:28 PM
At the moment, some is in the closet hidden away like the dresses, pumps, heels, swiimsuits, etc. but bras and panties are in plain sight in my bedroom. Where I am divorced (separated for 10 years, then finally freed last year) and have a girlfriend that in the past did not mind too much but never has the time as she is busy with college and part time work, I don't have to worry too much at this time. :)

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 09:05 PM
thats why i stick to one color it blends in the closet

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 09:08 PM
did you mean wig or weed???

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 09:09 PM
This folks is WHY we needed the edit button back in the first place...

O hello occifer :)

alba68
01-18-2005, 09:10 PM
Whoops! Sorry, I thought you meant something else by stash. I was going to suggest a bit of duct tape. :eek:

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Whoops! Sorry, I thought you meant something else by stash. I was going to suggest a bit of duct tape. :eek:

I think it was about wigs. As for duct tape, that's another thread :D

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
At least those of you who have to hide your stuff are forced to be neat!

Right now, 2 pairs of pantyhose on rocking chair, A skirt and a sweater hanging over another chair, makeup ALL OVER the bathroom, and shoes just all over the place.

I need a maid. Anyone interested? :)

Hugs,

Melissa :)

alba68
01-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Sounds like my place Melissa.

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Does this stash come in bricks?

any good shopper buys big so yes it doese :p

Stormgirl
01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
I have two closets in my bedroom,yes you read that correctly. TWO and I usually keep all my ahem female clothes in one of the closets. One of my friends curiously opened it one day,I just played it off like it from a girl that visits me reguarly.Don't see why he would care but he was very critical.

April25
01-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Ya my clothes are all over the place anymore. I used to put in the closet in a big box marked x-mas tree.

MistyCD
01-19-2005, 03:53 PM
I use a couple of footlockers that I can lock with a combination lock on them. I tell my SO that I have old ham radio equipment and accessories in them...occassionally I move them around, and leave the case with the radio junk open so she sees it and never asks.....

Misty :)

sherri
01-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Assuming wig stands aren't an option, what's the best way to store wigs?

Tristen Cox
01-19-2005, 04:35 PM
We.. r still talking about clothes... right? ;)

ChristineRenee
01-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't know if it's the best way to store them or not, but like Misty I store mine in a foot locker and keep it under lock and key.;)

T-girlMichelle
01-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Assuming wig stands aren't an option, what's the best way to store wigs?
I turn mine insideout in the box it came in just like it was shiped to me.

donna anne
01-19-2005, 06:45 PM
just brought my stuff inside this past weekend since i told my wife and she's okay with it. use to hide it in the trunk of an old car that was out in the shed, kept the key hidden so no one could get in. one day the wife asked why i didnt get rid of the car since i'm always complaining about not having enough room. i assured her that i would never part with it.

Jerry
01-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi, all. Been a while since I've been in the 'hood.

My wife keeps quite a few boxes of shoes (wrong size) in the master closet, so I keep my favorites mixed in. The rest of my shoes and wigs are in a box in the basement (a la Indiana Jones).

I have no girly wear of my own. I use the wifes. When I'm done, I toss it in the laundry. Makes it easy when she knows. (Wished she didn't hate it so much though.)

Hog hugs from AR.
Jerry

StephanieCD
01-19-2005, 11:14 PM
In the past I have gone so far as to bury my clothes a foot down in a plastic bag a half mile in the woods on neighbor's property and then place a large stone over it. I have fashioned trap doors in the ceiling of poorly built closets. I have made false bottoms to dressers. Hid them in toilet tanks. Off the side of the road in secret spots. To name a few...

Needless to say my shame ran deep... it's a doozy getting over it.

crispy
01-20-2005, 12:23 AM
my stash is hidden................. exactly where is my secret. ;) :p

Sarah Cummings
01-20-2005, 04:02 AM
did you mean wig or weed???
Wigweed :rolleyes:

Sarah Cummings
01-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Hi, all. Been a while since I've been in the 'hood.

My wife keeps quite a few boxes of shoes (wrong size) in the master closet, so I keep my favorites mixed in. The rest of my shoes and wigs are in a box in the basement (a la Indiana Jones).

I have no girly wear of my own. I use the wifes. When I'm done, I toss it in the laundry. Makes it easy when she knows. (Wished she didn't hate it so much though.)

Hog hugs from AR.
Jerry
Your shoes mixed in with the wifes wrong sized shoes reminds me of the movie E.T where Et is hiding in the closet with all the dolls and stuffed toys while the mom was looking or investigating some noise she heard from the other room. She looked RIGHT AT ET and didn't know!!! LOL LOL :D

talitha
01-20-2005, 05:18 AM
suppose I am lucky......

married a CD and doubled my wardrobe <LOL>

seriously, our stuff all hangs together.......

underwear is in the drawers.

unfortunately, i am too big to wear the things i like..........

Never marry a man with corsets who looks better in them than you.....bad for the ego :(

talitha

Helana
01-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Short term storage - I hid clothes inside my bed - the bottoms usually have a cloth cover which you can unhook at a small section and then push the clothes inside. Undetectable.

Mid term storage - up the loft

Long term storage - buried underground in the woods.

Janet K.
01-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I have a storage building that I keep all of Juana's stuff in. My wife doesn't know that I am still dressing---she thinks I quit after she found a bra, panties, and tights in my lunchbox (I was going to change before leaving for work the next day :) ) It is a 24 hour gated storage facility so I can go there any time I want. I usually stop by there on the way home from work, or after the races every Saturday night. Sometimes I will keep a few bags worth in the trunk of my car (the wife never drives my car---it's a stick shift) and will change at the local coin car wash or in a deserted parking lot. Juana does love to drive!!!

Sweet Susan
01-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Isn't this an interesting problem. I've been hiding stuff all of my life. It's almost second nature. I used to hide weed from my first wife until she started smoking it, then I had to hide from her so she wouldn't smoke it all while I was working. When I quit smoking I channeled my hiding habits into nylons and panties. As they crunched up rather easily, I'd stash them in a pair of boots or a pocket of a sports jacket. Dresses were another story. After I began accumulating dresses and skirts and blouses and sweaters and wigs and make-up and purses and jackets and on and on it became much more difficult to hide. Even though my wife knew I was a crossdresser, I never dressed in front of her and I felt this need to hide my stuff. I bought file boxes and began storing my stuff in large gargabe bags, and then I'd put the bags in the boxes and then I'd stack the boxes in our storage room above our garage. I'd put my girlie boxes on the shelf behind our boxes that contained legitimate files. It worked like a charm and I was never found out. Now, since I dress openly in front of the wife, I just hang my stuff in the closet. I put my shoes on our shoe rack--don't you know my size 12s look odd next to her size 7s. Life is so much easier when you come out of the box. :)

Wendy me
01-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Isn't this an interesting problem. I've been hiding stuff all of my life. It's almost second nature. I used to hide weed from my first wife until she started smoking it, then I had to hide from her so she wouldn't smoke it all while I was working. When I quit smoking I channeled my hiding habits into nylons and panties. As they crunched up rather easily, I'd stash them in a pair of boots or a pocket of a sports jacket. Dresses were another story. After I began accumulating dresses and skirts and blouses and sweaters and wigs and make-up and purses and jackets and on and on it became much more difficult to hide. Even though my wife knew I was a crossdresser, I never dressed in front of her and I felt this need to hide my stuff. I bought file boxes and began storing my stuff in large gargabe bags, and then I'd put the bags in the boxes and then I'd stack the boxes in our storage room above our garage. I'd put my girlie boxes on the shelf behind our boxes that contained legitimate files. It worked like a charm and I was never found out. Now, since I dress openly in front of the wife, I just hang my stuff in the closet. I put my shoes on our shoe rack--don't you know my size 12s look odd next to her size 7s. Life is so much easier when you come out of the box. :)

too mutch susan lol omg that funny.............full circle...........thanks i needed that................. :cool:

DonnaT
01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Short term storage - I hid clothes inside my bed - the bottoms usually have a cloth cover which you can unhook at a small section and then push the clothes inside. Undetectable.

I did that as a teen. Thought it to be the best place, but my mother found them anyway. Don't know how. All I know is they disappeared one day.

Danny
01-21-2005, 03:27 PM
A good quality filing cabinet...esp. with legal size drawers...has three advantages. It holds a lot of stuff...it just doesn't have the look of something that would be used to hold women's clothing....and it can be locked.

A combination lock suitcase is secure, but more apt to raise questions about its contents than a filing cabinet. And I forgot the combination once (but it was locked in the filing cabinet).

Bottom of my old toy box in back of closet worked OK when I was a kid. Always worried about lack of security, though. If the authorities find a bra and a pair of panties in your toy box, you're nailed. It just can't be explained away.