PDA

View Full Version : I want that one... and that one...

Lawren
12-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Kerry and I have been out shopping for her wedding dress and I have been browsing too. I want that one ..., and that one..., and..., and it's breaking my heart that I can't afford to buy any of them! :brokenheart:

OOPS! Wrong forum.

Marcie Sexton
12-15-2006, 06:21 AM
My wife just got her dress out and let me tr it on...Hopefully I'll have some pics soon...

Hang in there your time will come:happy:

Amy Hepker
12-15-2006, 06:24 AM
I know the feeling. when me and my x used to go shopping she would really get pissed when I made any kind of comment about liking this or that and made me feel like I was some kind of freak. I know this is not the same as what you were saying and in the stance, yes, when I go out shopping I see so many things that I want and wish I could get. My main problem is that most everything I really like is in the wrong SIZE. AAAAAHHHH!

Tina Dixon
12-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Some day I'll need to try one on, it's got to be the ultimate CD experience.

Kate Simmons
12-15-2006, 07:59 AM
My wife just got her dress out and let me tr it on...Hopefully I'll have some pics soon...

Hang in there your time will come:happy:Okay, then we can post the pics again. I'm ready when you all are.:happy: Ericka Kay

sue ellan
12-15-2006, 08:27 AM
i agree with you lawren. if i could i'd have a closet full of wedding dressess.
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

JenniferR771
12-15-2006, 08:32 AM
So...drop by your local thrift shop or consignment shop. Prices range from $50 to $199. They often have last year's fashion or a few leftovers from bridal shops, or slightly used gowns. Of course it took me a long time and i shopped several stores before i found one that seemed to have intelligent friendly clerks--only then did I tell them I was a cd.
One day I was trying on a prom dress and discovered that the previous occupant of fitting room had left three wedding gowns in the room. I tried them all on! Couldn't get them zipped but they were so pretty.
And much later when I spotted a gown in my size and price range--I told favorite clerk that I wanted to try on wedding dress. I had her put it in fitting room so no one would see me carrying it around store. Then tried it on--fit perfect--and bought it.

marie354
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Wow! Thrift shoppes. The Good Will stores. Etc. I'll have to go there next month after the bills are paid.

paulaN
12-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats on getting married. I hope she knows you would like a wedding dress too. You might try Good Will you never know what you might find.

shannonsilk
12-15-2006, 11:25 AM
i bought a velvet prom dress at the thrift shop for $5. then i spent $10 to get it drycleaned. i love it. it's totally differnet wearing it than anything else.
i may have to put it on today now that i'm thinking about it.

Calliope
12-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Let me get this straight.

You're about to get married - and your heart is breaking?

What's the 1st anniversary gonna be like?

Sarah Rabbit
12-15-2006, 05:28 PM
This can apply to about any article of clothing...It is so heart breaking walking past an outfit that catches the eye, and I can not go in and enquire about it..:cry:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Lawren
12-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Congrats on getting married. I hope she knows you would like a wedding dress too. You might try Good Will you never know what you might find.

Yes, she does know.

suzy
12-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Lauren,

Congratulations on getting married.... not listen, one wedding dress is enough for now... but maybe if you ask her nicely she might allow you to borrow it on special occasions!:D

Holly
12-15-2006, 07:46 PM
My daughter is getting married next spring. I told her I need to find a father-of-the-bride dress... she didn't laugh.:eek:

cdeeko
12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Depending on area you live in Goodwill's can be great for Formal dresses and wedding dresses.
The Goodwills in the area I work for are always trying to sell the wedding stuff on their internet store for more money. But I have eyed some formals. Even if just to punk/goth modify.

For 4.99 it is worth the attempt to make them my own through reconstruction. All though others have to help me sew--another skill to learn I guess.:heehee:

Jillian_Faith
12-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I have several Bridesmaids dresses but haven't come across the Wedding Dress that said “You have to have me” yet. Its kind’a like always the Bridesmaid – never the Bride…