PDA

View Full Version : Displaying photos at home

SherriePall
12-15-2006, 10:46 AM
I remember reading someone's website several years back and she mentioned she had photos of her femme self displayed around the house. Do any of us have femme photos of ourselves on display (for the ftm -- male photos)? If not, would you?

Kate Simmons
12-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Not unless I decided to go 24/7 as Ericka. If I did that, I would probably have some done at a photo studio with nice poses. As it is, being here alone and more or less "part time" I don't see the point really at this time.:happy: Ericka Kay

pocoyo
12-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Do any of us have femme photos of ourselves on display (for the ftm -- male photos)? If not, would you?

Yeah I do actually. I don't care if people see them and think I'm weird hehe! My friends and family are gradually learning of my TGness anyway. There's a couple of me and my dog stuck on my wall (just on normal paper, printed off my pc). I guess the maleness is maybe fairly subtle unless you look properly, even though I have a bit of "stubble" lol!

Lisa Golightly
12-15-2006, 11:05 AM
I may have some artwork displayed... maybe... some large canvas'... maybe... some photos around the dressing table mirror... maybe. I say maybe as I wouldn't like anyone to think me vain... ;)

ColleenCD
12-15-2006, 11:19 AM
My son still lives at home and neighbors come by frequently. I would have to educate a lot of people about my CDing. This is still more about me than them right now.

Colleen

Calliope
12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
I've got one - a 4x6 - in a little wood frame. It's my previous avatar (hey, nobody noticed my new glasses!).

To put that in context, there are 50 - no kidding - framed photos of my kids throughout the house.

JoAnnDallas
12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
You could always say that is a relative. My sister has so many pictures of various relatives in her house, I bet I could put one of JoAnn among them and she would not even know and most anyone that came over, including family, may not even noticed. I have so many anunts, uncles, cosions, and neices that another female looking face would not be noticed.

Kieron Andrew
12-15-2006, 11:36 AM
(for the ftm -- male photos)? If not, would you?nope......i hate looking at myself as i am now, once i start to transition then maybe

Sherlyn
12-15-2006, 11:47 AM
...on the turntable and a photo album ...they belong to Di :D

Stephenie S
12-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Yes, I keep a photo of Stephenie on the wall in front of my desk just to remind myself that I can look pretty. Well, I think I look pretty.

If someone asks, I just say, "That's a picture of Stephenie. You may meet her sometime".

Kenix
12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I have Kenix's picture as my Windows wallpaper. I may get a 4x6 printed as well.

MarinaTwelve200
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
What a great Idea. I have one as "Madame Vera" my gypsy fortune teller character at work, but then again its also next to my Mark Twain, Dr. Watson, And Phantom Character pics too===I am thought of as a "master of disguise" "hobbyist" rather than a CD--its all in the CONTEXT of how its displayed ;) Its so much FUN to hear the exclamation "No Way!" when I tell someone that ALL the pics are ME.

I hadnt thought of having CD photos of me at home till now :D

SherriePall
12-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Ericka -- Photo studios are fun.
pocoyo -- Good for you.
Lisa -- We don't think you vain. Just beautiful.
Colleen -- I understand. But someday, maybe, you'll be able to display a photo of the lovely girl you are.
Daytripper -- Just one among the many? I noticed.
JoAnn -- I bet you could get away with it, too.
Kieron -- Don't be so hard on yourself. I hope you do when you transition.
Sherlyn -- If I looked like you, I'd have them all over the place. BTW, you're too young to have a turntable.
Stephenie -- Good answer. Has anyone asked for her phone number to call for a date?
Kenix -- That's a good way to display a beautiful girl's pic.
Marina -- I can see how you can get away with that. Especially since you were out as Madame Vera. That's sneaky, though.
Thanks, everyone, for the replies so far.

susiegrl19
12-15-2006, 04:01 PM
You could always say that is a relative. My sister has so many pictures of various relatives in her house, I bet I could put one of JoAnn among them and she would not even know and most anyone that came over, including family, may not even noticed. I have so many anunts, uncles, cosions, and neices that another female looking face would not be noticed.

JoAnn, As soon as you put it out and you had company, somebody always says
"WHO IS THAT" never fails. No, I don't have any around the house either. To many people in and out the door.

JoAnnDallas
12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
I accidently included a pic of myself on a CD that I sent to a old CIA buddy. I get this email back asking;

1 Who is the chick?
2 I hope that is not your wife or sister.
3 Is she single?

Boy did I have to come up with some explinations.

Sharon
12-15-2006, 04:45 PM
The only photos I have of myself hanging on the walls are from my childhood, and in each one of them I am accompanied by another family member or relative, who are the focus for me. If I want to see me as I am today, I look in the mirror.:happy:

Calliope
12-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Sherlyn -- [...] BTW, you're too young to have a turntable.

Nah, just an indication of how cool she is. Any 'old fart' can download corporate rock and the usual oldies on iTunes, but it takes youth and savvy to go after all those out-of-print obscure-o classics.

suzy
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Nope.....can't say that I have any photos displayed...but I did find a very sexy pair of pretty pink bikini panties and a pair of very sexy pink nylons with pretty lace and pearl deatil at the top and put both in separate frames and have them hanging in my bedroom!:D .....does that count?

Marla S
12-15-2006, 07:23 PM
(hey, nobody noticed my new glasses!).
There seems to be something wrong with the focus of your camera. That makes it hard to detect the details ;)

On topic:
I prefer artwork at the walls. So far I don't have a pic that I consider artistic.
But I am working on that. If I get one it will find its place.

Cassy11
12-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Nope I don't have any photos displayed, but my wife showed me something she had hidden away. A photo album of Cassy. Every photo I ever had taken and some I didn't remember, she has kept. I wish everyone had the support of a wife like mine.

marie354
12-15-2006, 08:45 PM
I've got one - a 4x6 - in a little wood frame. It's my previous avatar (hey, nobody noticed my new glasses!).

To put that in context, there are 50 - no kidding - framed photos of my kids throughout the house.

I agree... Kids photos come first... But I have 2 on my cell... One for the background and a different one for the screen saver. Well that's me!

trannie T
12-15-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't have any photos of myself in any type of clothing on my walls. Nice idea though I'm going to print one up, frame it and hang it tonight. It will be one taken of me en femme last halloween.

Amy Hepker
12-15-2006, 09:13 PM
I have some pics, but not on the wall. They're hidden away

Rachel Morley
12-15-2006, 09:47 PM
You know what?...in our house we don't have any photos on show. They're all in photo albums or on the computer.

Paula G
12-15-2006, 10:22 PM
I have one that I framed but it is not out where anyone can see it, also have one tiny one in my wallet. All my others are in a file on the computer.

Fallen Angel
12-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I have a few on the wall of my pc room and a album that when freinds drop by they can look at easyer than running threw them on the pc

Tina Dixon
12-15-2006, 10:32 PM
No I don't, my wife found some on the PC but thats the last she seen of Tina at this point.

wannabie
12-15-2006, 10:43 PM
I have two Glamour pictures of myself. one small frame in the bedroom and the other hanging in the livingroom,

People ask who is that a picture of and I say that its my Half Sister.
then they say they see the resemblence. I think its the beard I wear now because they don't recognize me right away.