PDA

View Full Version : Name Choice

Diana West
12-15-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm wondering how you chose your feminine name.
Is it the same one that you started out with?
If not, how often have you changed it until you found one that you were comfortable with?
Did your name change/evolve as you matured?
What influenced the choice?
I read many posts where an old girlfriend or acquaitnance was the inspiration.
Did a model, actress, singer, or some else inspire your name?
Where did you look to find a name?
Did someone suggest a name for you?
Do you have more than one feminine name?

Juanita O
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I have two female names,one from an old girl friend, the name i use here is a very dear friend that passed away several years ago.:happy:

susiegrl19
12-15-2006, 03:56 PM
The name I use here was the name of a nurse who helped patch me up after I got shot in Vietnam. I keep the memory of her kindness and gentlness alive by having her name. I have used it from the begining of my xding and have no desire or reason to change it or have a second name.

veronicagirl
12-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Veronica is the name of the most lovable bartender I've ever met. While others dress in jeans and old sweatshirts, she continually dressed as a GIRL. She wore tasteful makeup, had polished nails and almost always wore shoes/boots with something of a heel. Her personality was charming. She's gone from my favorite establishment...back to college. I had a different name, but now use Veronica out of respect.

Alaceann
12-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Mine is from my sisters middle name and my daughters middle name.
Susie I think yours is just TIRIFFIC!!!!

JulieCDorlando
12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=janis_en_femme;667239]I'm wondering how you chose your feminine name.
Is it the same one that you started out with?

No
If not, how often have you changed it until you found one that you were comfortable with?

Once
Did your name change/evolve as you matured?

No
What influenced the choice?

A female I worked with indirectly for a number of years.

I read many posts where an old girlfriend or acquaitnance was the inspiration.
Did a model, actress, singer, or some else inspire your name?

No
Where did you look to find a name?

Initially a name close to my male name(Patti). There isn't a female name close to my own ( I.E. Paul - Paula).
Did someone suggest a name for you?

No

Do you have more than one feminine name?

Yes.... Early in my CDing I had another name (Patti). I no longer use that name. Didn't feel right using that one

Sweet Cindy
12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Highschool friend/crush (who always had a boyfriend, dammit) and my car who had to be home by midnight (Cindy short for Cinderella) due to a bad alternator and battery when I first picked her up.

JoAnnDallas
12-15-2006, 04:43 PM
My fem name is what I would have been named if I had been born a female. It is my great grandmothers name on my mother's side.
Back when I was born, it was normal for the baby if female to have a name from the mother's side of the family and if the baby was male from the father's side of the family.

susiegrl19
12-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Mine is from my sisters middle name and my daughters middle name.
Susie I think yours is just TIRIFFIC!!!!

Thank You Alaceann.

Sedona
12-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Mine's just after Sedona, AZ, a pretty little town in the southwest. I've had a couple of good times there, and thought the name was pretty. No plans to change it.

suzy
12-15-2006, 04:48 PM
My fem name comes from a playful name I had given my wife. I have never changed it nor do I want to.

Calliope
12-15-2006, 04:59 PM
With mine, it's inspired by the Nancy Sinatra version, not the fab original.

Carmela
12-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Mine is for my Aunt Carmela. I have always kind of resembled her, and she is an integral part of me picking up this hobby! It is an homage, if you will.

Alice D
12-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Mine came from my middle name-Alison(as in Alice's son). Mom never had a daughter, and we were really close. Sometimes I think I might like a more contemporary name like Alicia better. By the way, can you change names on this forum?

Alice for now.

stephanie100
12-15-2006, 05:58 PM
mine was given to me by my SO

racquel
12-15-2006, 06:48 PM
After the barmaid on coronation street,also the same as Racquel Welsh who I always admired.Plus the initials were the same as mine.
Alice you can by contacting a moderator I believe.

lowlavalentine
12-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I dressed for 20 years before I ever felt the need to have a female name. Prior to AOL and subsequently the internet there was very little need. After the need became evident I stole from the venerable Kinks character and added the "w" as poetic license. My surname I borrowed from a sexy sounding female DJ in the Twin Cities as I drove to my first cd date back in the late 80's.

cdeeko
12-15-2006, 09:00 PM
My first name begins with a D and my middle a C. So I reversed it to C. Dee (Made it Dee since CD also=crossdresser, And I like the me Dee.) Added K.O. cause of my fascination with female boxers.

Amy Hepker
12-15-2006, 09:08 PM
My second wife called me a lot of different names, usally yelling them at me, and I can't repeat them here. But, she did have femme name of Jolene for me. I went to a CD meeting and thought that if I used the name she gave me that she would get upset, so I came up with Amy, after the song. It didn't matter I got in trouble by not using the other name, and I know I would have been in trouble if I did, Dammed if you do, Dammed if you don't deal. I really liked the name Amy and kept it. I have asked my present GLady to come up with a middle name from her, but she hasn't come up with one yet. She still is not 100% supportive of my dressing.

trannie T
12-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I wanted a name that was appropriate to my age, that was not the name of a close friend or relative and that I liked. I finally chose Judy in honor of my fourth grade teacher who died far too young.

Paula G
12-15-2006, 10:00 PM
My name comes from the feminine form of a name connected with my real name. I also tried to pick a name that no one in my family had, including going back to great aunts and cousins (I'm a little superstitious about using a female name that was already used in the family).

It is the only name that I've really used, although I recently tried to find another name that would fit who I am. I don't have any middle name, but I use the last name Graham, I thought it fit with Paula pretty well.

Samantha B L
12-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Mine is a developement on my real name and initials.The name even occured to me when I was in like 1st or 2nd grade and I thought how cool it would be to be called by it.Of course,when I was 9 or 10 there was Samantha on Bewitched and presently there is Samantha on Without A Trace.I opened up to a GG about my dressing when I was a little older and right away she called me Samantha.It was exhilerating!So I just go by Samantha B L as my femme name.Anyway,that's what all my TG and CD freinds have always called me and I have no immediate plans to change my femme name!

twiggy
12-15-2006, 10:38 PM
i had to look in a book for a name, i have no imagination

janet p
12-15-2006, 10:42 PM
My name comes from my first girlfriend in high school but some of my family if I ever told them they would think it came from my cusion.:love:

MJ
12-15-2006, 11:16 PM
The name I use here was the name of a nurse who helped patch me up after I got shot in Vietnam. I keep the memory of her kindness and gentlness alive by having her name. I have used it from the begining of my xding and have no desire or reason to change it or have a second name.

wow thats so sweet
well for me my name there were two mj was a woman i admired as a friend and from my favorite carton spider man but Mary Jane was a close friend and i just change it to Marissa Jennifer my friends call me mj so for your questions
a no
b kept last name
c no
d a gg friend
e no
f no
g baby names
h no
i no
i love my name . i feel that i just need to get the right look.

marie354
12-15-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm Sandra Marie, Now. But, in my earlier life, when I was just finding about my self, It was Samantha, Simular to Sam, My given name. Later I found my REAL name. I kept my first 2 initials though. What ever?

Bethanygirl
12-16-2006, 02:09 AM
I was christened Bethany by the girl who first dressed me up, and it STUCK, and now it is ME!:thumbsup:

kaitlincd
12-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I've just always liked the name and if I had been born a girl I would have wanted to be Kaitlin.

Kenix
12-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Kenix is the only name I used so far. Years ago one of the Miss Hong Kong contestant's first name was Kenix. I just love the name.

KelleyTGirl
12-18-2006, 01:51 AM
The first time I ever thought I needed a fem name was when I first started going to chatrooms as a fem. I had a co-worker named Kelly who was sexy and funny, so I stole her name and added an extra e.

Cera
12-18-2006, 08:23 PM
I chose my name by using an old, but commonly used means of associating something that doesn't have a name with a word that's easily remembered. It's called...Making It Up. Actually, I was thinking of a name that I couldn't associate with anyone or thing that I already knew, and that would sound feminine. So Cera is what I came up with, and I'm still happy with it. Go me!

cdeeko
12-19-2006, 08:39 PM
For the record my other post was not as clear as I would have liked. My full Gurl name is

Chrissy Dee "Knockout"

You know about the boxing part, and why I flipped C and Dee. But I did not mention the Chrissy Dee part is a play on the song from GREASE

"Look at me I am Sandra Dee....":heehee:

Tricia_cd
12-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Was given to me by a GG, who also happened to be a Domme. She had her way with me (grin) and helped me become the CD that I am. She helped me with makeup, how to accesorize, and also with how to act, sit, and be a woman.
I miss her dearly, she knew me, both in the biblical sense, and spiritually as well....

I hope I find another.....sigh...

Merry Christmas to all,

Tricia