PDA

View Full Version : Women's minds???

marie354
12-15-2006, 11:01 PM
I mean real GG's.

I hope that some or maybe all of them say something.

Women, after talking to my GG, Their mind.... Well it seems to work a lot faster than a man's! Lets talk truth. They learn faster whether it be sports or whatever.

She (most that I have known), can change subjects soooo fast that it's confusing, sometimes.

I've looked at this for some time and I think that women are really ahead.

What's your thought?

Marla S
12-15-2006, 11:18 PM
I should wait to say something until I have read DT's favorite book (The female brain), but some thing that drives me crazy is the question:

Is there more content in the 20000 spoken words a day by GGs than in the 7000 words spoken by GMs ?

@ fast working brain.
I got mixed signals there. It depends a lot on the subject and what people want to listen to or not. And as with everything, this is highly individual.

@ ahead

Don't think so. Different strength means, different weakness too.
All in all I think it equals out, though there are certainly differences in certain fields.

If I consider that after a stroke the brain is able to compensate tasks of demaged regions by directing them to others regions, I'd say there is a lot of training involved too.

tekla west
12-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Amoung the people who would disagree with that, who insist that in fact, men are much better thinkers is Camille Paglia who has written on it at (great) length. Her basic thought is that when there is an Empire State Building, or a Golden Gate Bridge, or the complete works of Shakespeare done by women then she will buy the equality argument.

Calliope
12-15-2006, 11:27 PM
They learn faster whether it be sports or whatever.

Probably because they are more disposed to listen.

Generally speaking, that is.

JulieCDorlando
12-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Hello,
Just my opinion here and for what ever it is worth, I do believe that most womens minds are working faster than a man's mind. In conversation's with women men tend to only absorb what is important to them where as women go through more details in their conversation. Perhaps women also are thinking ahead while they converse at the same time. I imagine the theory of female blondes being the dummy's doesnt hold much water after all huh? :D

finacarina
12-15-2006, 11:29 PM
omg my mind works pretty fast so it must be a woman's :happy:

cdeeko
12-15-2006, 11:34 PM
I have been diagnosed borderline A.A.D.D. My mind works toO damn fast. I have been told to back up two subjects so my friends can catch up with my randomness. So I am not one to ask about this.:2c:

susiegrl19
12-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I must be a women! My mind runs 1000RPM. I have to take Meds to slow it down.

Kate Simmons
12-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Women can carry on 5 different conversations simultaneously in a noisy crowded room. As you say, their minds work fast. They are geared to react to feelings whereas men are geared to react to facts and data. We all have both capabilities and can all use them. I find myself as Ericka acting the same way. I can carry on multiple conversations. What slows me down is when Richard's planning abilities come into play. As men, we have a more "nitty gritty" aproach to the real world, we understand the details and elements of things. Women understand concepts better and may not know the details at first but are capable of learning and understanding them of course. Coming to know how to use both of these specialties has been a tremendous advantage to me. One reason I keep both "sides" of myself balanced. In the long run, we are all able to do the same things with equal effeciency, we just may need to get the hang of it. The main reason in my mind for the two genders is that they complement each other with these specializations.Working in concert, they usually make a good team. We just have to realize and appreciate that fact and take advantage of it.:happy: Ericka Kay

Marla S
12-16-2006, 02:34 AM
As men, we have a more "nitty gritty" aproach to the real world, we understand the details and elements of things. Women understand concepts better and may not know the details at first but are capable of learning and understanding them of course. Coming to know how to use both of these specialties has been a tremendous advantage to me.
Lucky you !
I usually start with a concept, get lost in details, don't find the original concept anymore, get another one instead, details, concept, details, ....
I get around and I learn a lot this way, but its hard to finsih something.:straightface: :D

Kate Simmons
12-16-2006, 02:57 AM
That's one nice thing about being human. We can modify and adapt. Sometimes, as you say the original concept is lost for whatever reason. Our alternative may be even better than the original in a lot of cases. Usually when this happens to me, I find that it matters little as long as the job gets done. As far as foresight, sometimes when working on a project, ny wife would give me "what if" scenerios. I failed to see the point and just wanted to finish the job. I figured I could deal with the eventuality when it came. 90% of the time it did, and I ended up kicking myself for not valuing her input to begin with. That's one way I learned the value of "female" thinking. Sometimes you just have to "bite the bullet" and concede you don't know everything.:happy: EKR

MarinaTwelve200
12-16-2006, 09:27 AM
My GG SO's mind is a LOT like my own---but her mind IS female and mine is male, so we are a great "labratory" to compare male and female minds---and we enjoy doing that. We will point out to each other how our minds differently approached a problem, what areas we ar expert in and what areas we are not, etc.

We have noticed the usual things, Women are more "people / relationship" oriented while men are more object/process orented. The emotional structure is different too, but she is an analytical type, like me who dosent let her heart rule her head. Yet there ARE differences. She is an expert on gemstones and obscure movie and stage actors. She reads Science and tech books, but I am more expert in those areas. She IS a fast learner for technical tasks, but must be motivated--then she is very good at it. We are both good with money and finamces, but SHE is the one who makes financial deals and negotiations, Where I am more inclined to go along with set prices and offers.
Otherwise our minds and intrests are SO ALIKE it is likely our differences are sexually based, and fun to observe.

marie354
12-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Women can carry on 5 different conversations simultaneously in a noisy crowded room. As you say, their minds work fast. They are geared to react to feelings whereas men are geared to react to facts and data. We all have both capabilities and can all use them. I find myself as Ericka acting the same way. I can carry on multiple conversations. What slows me down is when Richard's planning abilities come into play. As men, we have a more "nitty gritty" aproach to the real world, we understand the details and elements of things. Women understand concepts better and may not know the details at first but are capable of learning and understanding them of course. Coming to know how to use both of these specialties has been a tremendous advantage to me. One reason I keep both "sides" of myself balanced. In the long run, we are all able to do the same things with equal effeciency, we just may need to get the hang of it. The main reason in my mind for the two genders is that they complement each other with these specializations.Working in concert, they usually make a good team. We just have to realize and appreciate that fact and take advantage of it.:happy: Ericka Kay

Very well put!:hugs: