PDA

View Full Version : Going out in Austin

molly1usa23
12-16-2006, 07:50 AM
I am planning to go out tonight in the Austin area, would be interested in meeting others if possible. I expect to go to Bout Time on I-35, but would like to know of other CD friendly places. E-mail me if you might want to meet.
molly1@usa.com

Molly

Paula T
12-16-2006, 11:48 AM
good places to out in Austin let me know by PM as I may be coming down to Austin this winter and may bring Paula along:rolleyes:

tekla west
12-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Love Austin!!!! I used to work SXSW ever year by night and do research at the LBJ Library during the day. Only problem with Austin is that its surrounded by Texas. But it’s a very pro-420 place, tons of bars (Continental Club/ Antones / Stubs / La Zona Rosa) and lots and lots of great eats.

Have a great time.

kathy gg
12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
'Bout Time used to be my hang spot back when I was single and looking.

I know I am late to this thread, but I hope you had a great time. Last I heard though the toilets were not working and they had port-a-potties?

I know there is at least n gay bar off 6th street...just can't remember the name of it for the life of me!

There also used to be a bar {this was 5 yrs agao} called The 1920's bar or something like that. It was literally with in wwalking distacne of the capitol. Not sure if it is stil open as it has been a very very long time since we have partied in Austin.

Anywya, I hoep you had a good time. Austin is actually pretty tg friendly over all.

tekla west
12-17-2006, 09:16 PM
If Austin was in Wisconsin it would be Madison, if in Mich, then Ann Arbor. And that line was delivered to me time and again by the people who lived there, including those at the LBJ and UT. (who also told me that the other 11 months are not like the SXSW month). And I'm a country boy, I speak redneck real good, can even drive a tractor. Still, Austin is a bit more - how shall we say - liberal then say, Abiline, Amarillo, or El Paso. (though the Cadillac Ranch is cool) Now, if I could only get them to say "Guadalupe" correctly in Austin. LOL!

TxKimberly
12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
I am planning to go out tonight in the Austin area, would be interested in meeting others if possible. I expect to go to Bout Time on I-35, but would like to know of other CD friendly places. E-mail me if you might want to meet.
molly1@usa.com

Molly
I'm SO sorry i saw this too late to be of use as I live in the Austin area. I travel for a living and often post things like this myself when I am hoping to go out while on the road, so it bothers me that I let you down.
Anyway, the only place I used to go out in Austin was 'Bout Time. It's in I35 just north of Hwy 183 (I think it's the Rundberg exit). It is not a real NICE place to go, but they ARE very T Friendly. The gay bar down town someone mentioned is probably Charlies. I went there once and was treated very well, but I wasn;t quite as comfortable there. I think it is more of a meat market and I kept getting hit on by boys. (I wouldn't mind being hit on by the girls! lol)
Check out this web page - it shows all the "gay" clubs in Austin:
http://www.gayaustin.net/barmap.htm
I have also been to the 1920's club. Classy and nice place when I was last there about two years ago.
Kim