PDA

View Full Version : Muy Prontos- out again

Teresa Amina
12-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Well six or seven weeks went by since the last trip out with Joy C, so the Transgender Christmas Party at Prontos' in Royal Oak MI was the place to be. Nice thing about RO is the accepting atmosphere to go shopping at the many shops which line the streets of the nicely revived town. When I visited RO back in the '70s it was going the way of most small towns around Dee-troit and was half empty. Now it's quite the bustling place, turning from the Alternative Punky type place to a more up-scale restaurant town, but still a comfortable place to go about enfemme. The shops range from Goodwill (found two nice things that fit there) to the high-end Vintage Clothing shop right next door. A fun headshop had this great t-shirt with a wiener dog:D
Prontos' itself I had heard of but not visited before and I was surprised to see it consists of several parts in one large building. Not knowing where to go in at we went into the Bakery at one end and Joy asked where it might be. Very fun! Joy has got wonderful nerve, very tall before heels and with a manly voice would speak to anyone. I am quiet and reserved so we're a good pair to be gal-pals on the town. Going in to the Bar entry we got great looks from the patrons and Joy overheard an amusing comment or two as we found the TG party in a small room behind the Pool Room. The attendance was very large but we all squeezed in and enjoyed the get together. A bigger venue is on tap for next year as the attendance has outgrown Prontos'. Altogether a :thumbsup:
ps-don't forget the Meter!

Tina Dixon
12-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Looks like a fun time and enjoying our mild weather also, some day when I decide to bring the big red headed gal out in the open I'll have to join you in some fun and frolic.

marie354
12-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Great pics. Is that your own hair. Lookin' good!

Thora
12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
It was great partying with you and Joy. Thanks for giving my home town such a good review. Next time you come to Royal Oak, look me up. I'll show you some other shops and restaurants. There's a couple higher end dress shops if you can afford them.

(Note: I post with a Swedish name. I sat next to you in a little black dress all night using my Norwegian name.)

Joy Carter
12-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Looks like a fun time and enjoying our mild weather also, some day when I decide to bring the big red headed gal out in the open I'll have to join you in some fun and frolic.

Tina no time like the presant. :D

Oh and the gurl behind Teresa and I is Tonia from my home town. We just had met her at the party. Hope to see more of her.

Teresa Amina
12-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Is that your own hair

Ooooh! That would be nice:happy: but no such luck, not enough left to grow out:(

Amy Hepker
12-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Sounds like fun!!!

Teresa Amina
12-16-2006, 07:51 PM
I'll show you some other shops and restaurants

Will definately have you give us the tour next time :happy: :thumbsup:

Tamera
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
Joy, it was great meeting you. This was my 1st party and I look forward to more. I can't explain the high level of friendship that everyone had.
Thanx,
Tamera

Glenda58
12-18-2006, 12:00 AM
Sorry I miss the party. Was looking forward to it but had surgery on my hand at 5:00 that night and they wouldn't let me up to go. Looks like you all had a good time I keep missing meeting with Joy.

Joy Carter
12-18-2006, 04:14 AM
Joy, it was great meeting you. This was my 1st party and I look forward to more. I can't explain the high level of friendship that everyone had.
Thanx,
Tamera

Tamera you need to introduce yourself now so everyone know who you are.:D

Kate Simmons
12-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Tamera you need to introduce yourself now so everyone know who you are.:DYeah, Tamera, what Joy said. Don't keep us in suspense, Hon, we're dying to meet you, so don't be "bashful".:happy: Ericka

Tamera
12-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Tamera you need to introduce yourself now so everyone know who you are.:D

Well my name is Tamera and I live in Ohio. I like rock n roll, country, blues, bluegrass, big band and drum corps music just to name a few.

Roberta Lynn
12-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Teresa, you all look terrific . Glad to see you had a great time :hugs: