PDA

View Full Version : old clothes remembered

stephanie100
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if like me in the past when I got caught by mother I would be forced to either burn or dump my stash of clothes. Now with my understanding SO and that I am out have been for a few years. The point being What clothes have you purged and later deeply regreat. mine are A lovely white dress chiffon. a satin nighty oooh I do miss that mmmm. what are yours.:happy: steph

RobynG
12-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Mine was a white Poet shirt, you know the kind with the poofy collar and ruffles, it was the first thing my SO and I bought together through a catalog. And I can't think for the life of me where it is? We did move three times in two years, so I guess one of the movers liked it more than me. lol

Robyn

marie354
12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh wow! I'm sure that I speak for a few.... Purging, alas, is a thing that I wish I'd never done..... What a wardrobe I'd have now! So many years seems like yesterday. I don't like to think about what I've lost.

Joy Carter
12-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Your gonna laugh at me !!!!!!! But I'm brave.:o When I was eleven I had a light blue dress with a red sash. And the front had buttons and scallops sewn with white thread on the edges. And there was a white cotton slip. But no shoes though. I was home alone after school every day until nine so I dressed in that frock all the time. I did house work and my homework in that dress. I felt like I was really at home being me. But I eventually out grew it and threw it away. No one ever knew or they never said anything. And hey I didn't read this in "Fiction Mania" gurls/girls/boyz !:heehee:

Calliope
12-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Call me a weirdo, but I never really purged.

I do cringe when I think of my first few outfits, though.

Ouch!

Sedona
12-16-2006, 05:47 PM
A slate blue business suit. Had a wonderfully sexy jacket and a mid-thigh skirt with a little slit in front. Oooooo, so nice, I think it was a wool blend. I pared back in a purge about 10 years ago, and wish I had it back. Size 11/12 if I remember right.
Probably wouldn't fit me quite right now, but when I'm 10 lbs lighter in the summertime, it'd be fantastic.

Helen MC
12-17-2006, 04:55 AM
I have never "purged" the idea is totally alien to me. The only time I throw away panties or any other female clothing is if it is worn out or too small for me.

Kate Simmons
12-17-2006, 05:27 AM
Ode to a formal gown?Been there, done that. Have a lot of regrets, who doesn't? I've thrown so much stuff away over the years , it would boggle a lot of people here. I'm talking thousands of dollars worth. Can you put a price on finally getting to know yourself? I doubt it. I had a lot of nice stuff. I can't cry over the past, however, and have to keep moving ahead. I try to look at it as a lesson learned. Trouble with me, I'm not a "quick learner" sometimes. Think I finally "got it" this time. Ericka is here to stay and so is my wardrobe. The biggest casualty has been my pocket book.;) EKR

Angie G
12-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Mine was a short green skirt with matchinh vest :hugs:
Angie

Helen MC
12-17-2006, 07:09 AM
No apology for the fact that it was a pair of schoolgirls knickers. They were Royal Blue cotton full briefs but the material was brushed inside to give a fleecy effect, nice and warm on a cold day. They were made by a company called "Holstar" who is suppose like Montfort and Cherub are long since gone. Does anyone probably a Brit, remember these knickers or anything similar? Unfortunately they wore out and I had to discard them. :sad:

jamiee
12-17-2006, 07:16 AM
i had a great pair of stockings with garters that my ex girlfriend took when we broke up, i did buy them for her but i wore them a hell of a lot more. haha

Kristen Marie
12-17-2006, 08:10 AM
While they were technically never mine, we stored my aunt's clothing in our attic and she had wonderful gowns. Probably about 10. Gowns were going out of date and we just stored for her.

I had totally forgotten about it until this thread. I spent many hours in my early teens in my attic dressed in her gowns. She had the best clothes. But when she bought her own house, the gowns moved too. :(

RachelDenise
12-17-2006, 08:13 AM
It would be nice to still have my first bra that I bought myself. A yellow 34B padded thing from the JC Penny catalog. Sort of a keepsake. No way it would fit now!

JenniferR771
12-17-2006, 09:46 AM
OMG! The pink bride's maid dress from a garage sale. The yellow prom dress. The lovely brown human hair wig (from thrift store).
I had a "counselor" who advised me I had a "sexual addiction". To get right with God I had to come clean with my wife and discard everything. I showed her a tiny fraction and discarded everything.
Later I quit counselor and bought new stuff at thrift shops.

Laura Jane
12-17-2006, 11:11 AM
I recall a lovely 70's style pale green full slip.

I wore it most nights for two years in bed in my early teens.

Karren H
12-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Never been forced to purge anything....I have done it myself in the distant past.... but never again. But I give away alot of clothing, to maintain a manageable sized wardrobe and there are a few things that I wish I still had....SIGH Like that Fancy Red Dress that I gave Emily... but it was too big for me sooooo, I still have the photos to remember it buy!!! lol Plus she did give me the white sequined cocktail dress which I love dearly.....

Love Karren

danam
12-17-2006, 03:18 PM
As someone who has only recently begun discussing my desire to CD, I am actually quite happy to learn that "purging" is understood to be a common practice. I am actually mentally preparing myself to purge my first-and-current crop of girlie things. Yes, this is sad to think of. :( But I feel better to know that I am not alone in this habit. But my life has many dimensions beyond Dana, and I need to tend to those matters, as well.

But Dana will always be a part of me and she will periodically shop and replace everything and have some fun. To repeat the cycle over and over. Expensive, yes, but cheaper than a divorce!!!

Right now, at this moment in time, Dana is alive and well and showing her stuff!!!

suzy
12-17-2006, 03:32 PM
I have never purged. never thought of purging....Lucky me!:D

Melinda Lou
12-18-2006, 12:03 PM
The things I remember most fondly are things I purged way back when due to guilt, or having to move, or getting caught, but which I'd have had to dump by now anyway due to outgrowing them--like the "little girl" panties I used to wear when I was closer to little-girl age and size. I'm sure I could find a nice selection of cute panties in a girls' size 14, but it ain't happening, due to my not being anywhere near that size anymore. Wouldn't be age-appropriate, anyway.

dods460
12-18-2006, 04:00 PM
When I was about 15 I had a set of the ugliest gold pumps, I threw them out when I got a gf and stopped dressing until i was 20ish. The pumps were ugly but I loved them.

Sierra Evon
12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
I have never "purged" the idea is totally alien to me. The only time I throw away panties or any other female clothing is if it is worn out or too small for me.

Ditto.......:happy:

Nikki A.
12-18-2006, 09:01 PM
When I first told my current wife about my secret I had some clothes that my ex left plus some foundation garments that I had bought. They went out and I really miss that dress even though it was a typical tacky type, but still so femenine. Stupid yes but in a way it was a reminder of my ex.

wendy
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
the 80s style aerobic wear, i had quite the collection, from the spandex leggings, to the one piece unitards (similiar to what madonna wore in her 'hung up' video).