PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 08:21 PM
I just said what I am about to say on a related topic in another thread, and it got me thinking-I've never seen it discussed here. So here goes:

I never dress on halloween, even though it is a perfect time to do it in public, because I feel most people do it for comedic effect and I do not wish to be party to that.

Should I lighten up a bit?

Hugs,

Melissa :)

T-girlMichelle
01-18-2005, 08:30 PM
No, I know a lot of girls who call it amateur night. ;)

racheal
01-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I will agree, it's a opporitunity to try in public and not get obnoxious looks or comments. :) However, myself, I do it year round, just not completely in public yet. Interesting thought...

DanaJ
01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
My very first total CD experience was on Halloween several years ago, I may not have done it without that excuse. I was waxed head to toe, acrylic nails, makeover - the works!

DanaJ

Holly
01-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Well, maybe just a little. I think it's dangerous to paint everyone with such a broad brush. I'm sure it's true that SOME do dress on Halloween for the comedic effect. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it offered an opportunity to go out in public for the first time in an atmosphere less stressful. Everyone certainly can do as they choose. I certainly respect your opinion and can see your point of view. But it could also be used as an opportunity to encourage a sister to take another step in her developement of her self esteem. Might even be a good opportunity to mentor someone. Just my 2 cents.

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
well maybe i dont have mutch family any more so the regular holidays so for me hailo-eve fits me just look at my profile on here, i think your missing a point it gives the ladies here a chance to go out and explore its a social time and its a day where its exepted it also gives you a chance to see how others look at you as well. it may be the only time of the year to do what you only thought of doing,going out!!!!! for some its hard to take that first step into the unknown so dont judge to hard this holliday where i work for the whole month of october im dressed every day thats every day for the whole month and just saterday eavnings out how many times have you been out ?for some walking out there front door is easey im not replying to show anger im replying for encouragement to others that fist step is hard to close the door behind you and go out and mingle is horrifing and frightning do you agree!! thats why i said that at leased that one day some of us can go out have fun and be our self

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
I will go this Halloween but only if I can dress like Elvira!
(you know the mistress not the member) :D

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Well, that's why I asked. Thank you girls. Opinions valued.

Maybe next October, I'll join the fray.

Hugs,

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Yes, I go out often, But it's not always easy, and often scarey. Guess it is nice to have one time when it is not. Really didn't think of that.

I will lighten up, on that one.

Hugs,

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 08:57 PM
tristen dont try to steal it took years to come up with this look for myself take somebody elses luvxxxx ps if you need some thing just give me a yell

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
So that's what happened to that member who was argueing with you last week. Ok I'll leave it to you then. Uhm she ain't breathing is she??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 09:29 PM
of coarse she is i think? hey some of you ladies i wouldent mine holding either

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I will go this Halloween but only if I can dress like Elvira!
(you know the mistress not the member) :D

got the outfit veary nice......right down to the dagger :p

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 09:41 PM
of coarse she is i think? hey some of you ladies i wouldent mine holding either

Think I'm a wee bit heavy for you but you can try if you like I wouldn't mind, but I do want to be alive for it(for a little while) ;)

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 09:43 PM
wendy can i borrow it? please

Nikki A.
01-19-2005, 01:16 AM
I agree with Holly. It has been my only times out and each time I tried to dress and look as female as possible, not overly exagerrated which annoys my wife. I've done nails, make-up and picked out dresses that were not too low cut since I can't shave the chest area. Every year I think that I have improved and would like to be able to go out at other times. I can't because of family reasons but I know that my time will come. In the meanwhile Halloween is my one chance to express myself. Even this excuse will be gone soon since the kids are getting too old to Trick or treat and the wife will not even consider going to a Halloween party with me dressed up.

Rikki
01-19-2005, 02:27 AM
I think that Halloween is a good time to go out, it isn't quite as stressful. I haven't gone out for many a year dressed even at Halloween. I think that most guys who do go out dressed on Halloween do it because it is the only time they can dress and don't do it to be comic about it, they would like to dress more often, but haven't got that far yet. I found out , last night, about a friend who dresses every Halloween in a dress. He would like to wear silk and satins, but he has a mocho attitude and is afraid somebody will say something. He won't even let his wife buy him anything. That is the story that his wife told me and I feel sorry for the guy. His wife baught him a slip once and he got upset and wouldn't wear it untill Halloween. So we can be thankful for that one day to be free.

Rikki

ChristineRenee
01-19-2005, 02:41 AM
:( This year would have been my first Halloween dressed. I asked the wife if it would be ok and she approved. I was all set to wear my new Rockford Peaches uniform when we had a death in my wife's family and we had to go out of town for the funeral on Halloween. In the past, my wife has stated that I could dress for Halloween but I had always declined. Given my wardrobe, etc. I was always concern about looking "too good." I would obsess over the thought that people would wonder where I got the clothes that fit just right since my wife and I are definitely not the same size, etc. Even that is a flimsy excuse however. I just wasn't ready until this year to finally pull the trigger, so to speak. I will definitely plan to dress next year in Florida and maybe by that time Christine will have already made her debut to an unsuspecting world!:cool:

Love,
Christine Renee:)

Melissa A.
01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
I stand corrected and converted, ladies.

Hugs,

StephanieCD
01-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Halloween is my favorite. It's the only time us folks from Closet Eternal get to come out and play :)

But the border smells pretty sweet.

GraceUSA
01-19-2005, 10:45 PM
This last halloween was the first time I ever comletely made myself up and also the first time going out.

A big part of halloween is having fun and also being a something that you are not. It took me a little to get over this second part since being a women tend to be something that I am. Since it was my one chance last year to go out and have fun dressed as I would like I decided to do it. Seeing the expression on my friends faces was priceless.

Grace.

Paula A
01-20-2005, 05:50 PM
I never get to go out on holloween, i am usually too busy scaring people, I love it, I take off my mask and just scare them. LOL,

No really ten years ago my cubscout pack - yes I was the pack leader, anyway we were looking for something fun for the kids to do and raise a few bucks while we were at it. So we took the local school and did a haunted house - Ten years later its the best in the area. We are a sick bunch. Anyway, since we are always busy I never had the chance to go out.

This year I figured it out, A skeliton Bride - a real good one too. you shoud have heard the screams ( and that was from my wife when I shreaded this beautiful wedding dress) I hated to do it, I loved wearing it around.
I'll have to find the pictures abnd share them.

Anyway, since I have never been out dressed, I would love the opprotunity to do it in a less stressfull atmosphere where a "man" and get away with it, without the usual aggressions/comments and snide looks by others.

racheal
01-20-2005, 06:33 PM
yes I was the pack leader

That's interesting Paula, I was one too when I was younger. Was a beaver, cub, scout, cadet, then cub leader - I was baloo. He he...

Jadeanne
01-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi all,

I actually did go out dressed on Halloween once, when I was small. My mother dressed me as a girl and took me trick or treating to a few close by houses. They thought I was cute.

Now I will be 54 and the most I did for Halloween was last year when I handed out treats at my house in my usual drab but wearing a feathered mask. A couple of years ago as a joke I bought a $2 black witch wig, used a bandana handkerchief and showed up at a friend's house as a male hippy - he fell on the ground laughing. A few weeks after that, when a sister in law came to visit, I greeted her at the door as the male hippy and she had a great laugh.

This Halloween I might hand out treats as a hippy chick or gypsy, probably in my black Bohemian top, a long broomstick skirt, and the long black witch wig playing against my usual look (blonde). I'd probably go more for a gypsy look, lots of jewelry. I know I can't pass, so I will just have fun.

Jadeanne

gender_blender
01-20-2005, 11:30 PM
I have dressed up for the last 3 halloweens... and every college formal including my sorority formal, and about 50% of class days and for photo sessions shown in my journal...

Halloween is the best ever.
For pictures of me from 2004:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2754
Attached is a picture of me from Halloween 2003.

Holly
01-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Nice!

racheal
01-21-2005, 07:47 AM
I have dressed up for the last 3 halloweens... and every college formal including my sorority formal, and about 50% of class days and for photo sessions shown in my journal...

Halloween is the best ever.
For pictures of me from 2004:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2754
Attached is a picture of me from Halloween 2003.
My gracious Gender! You would have absolutely no problem passing - I take it that you go outside without any problems with that beautiful blue dress. Great job!

gender_blender
01-21-2005, 09:25 AM
My gracious Gender! You would have absolutely no problem passing - I take it that you go outside without any problems with that beautiful blue dress. Great job!

The 2004 photos are so much better. I had my eyebrows waxed and my hair curled. As long as I don't say anything, I pass pretty well.

racheal
01-21-2005, 09:37 AM
The 2004 photos are so much better. I had my eyebrows waxed and my hair curled. As long as I don't say anything, I pass pretty well.
I would say so! You look georgeous! Keep going Girl! :)

Sweet Susan
01-21-2005, 03:53 PM
I just said what I am about to say on a related topic in another thread, and it got me thinking-I've never seen it discussed here. So here goes:

I never dress on halloween, even though it is a perfect time to do it in public, because I feel most people do it for comedic effect and I do not wish to be party to that.

Should I lighten up a bit?

Hugs,

It's always best to lighten up a bit.

Fallen Angel
01-21-2005, 04:03 PM
milissa, we are not ganging up on you just letting you know of all the fun your missing you only go around this wourld once have fun

Ava Mouse
01-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Gender_Blender/Charlie,

WOW!

Question, how did you do the chest area?

(I have the same outfit, but you look sooo much better than I do... :) )

nikky
01-25-2005, 12:41 AM
just this last halloween i dressed as a school girl to the nines. it was an excuse for my to by a sexy pair of heels. he he. i tried them on in the store and everything. the next day i did my nails and had my sister do my makeup. they dont know about my cd'ing and we all had fun. i was in blissfull heaven especially when one women said she was jeolous cuz i had a nicer manicure than she had. :)

gender_blender
01-25-2005, 01:18 AM
just this last halloween i dressed as a school girl to the nines. it was an excuse for my to by a sexy pair of heels. he he. i tried them on in the store and everything. the next day i did my nails and had my sister do my makeup. they dont know about my cd'ing and we all had fun. i was in blissfull heaven especially when one women said she was jeolous cuz i had a nicer manicure than she had. :)

I like schoolgirls. Here's a picture of me dressed as one...with martial arts weapons in kinda anime style poses.
SCHOOLGIRL!! (http://www.livejournal.com/users/gender_blender/16273.html)