PDA

View Full Version : being new to this

Cindy1512
12-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Being new to this I have noticed that most of the shopping tips/hints/ good storest etc are for US stores. Any girls have tips on the best UK shops for helpful SA's , changing room policies etc

Cindy:happy:

Kimkandy
12-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm in London, UK. An easy tip for the moment is to buy stuff as presents for girlfriend, sister, etc.

I bought a jumper dress £10 and denim mini skirt £5 yesterday... Easy to do at Christmas.

I notice women have no problem buying stuff in men's stores.

You could checkout Matalan www.matalan.co.uk you can find if there is a store near you on their website.

Kim

:dom: :gift: :gift:

Emma England
12-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Any tips in shopping applies whereever you happen to reside.

The second time I went into Warehouse at Exeter, the sales lady asked me whether I would like to try it on (I was looking at a cream pencil skirt - turns out to be one of my fave skirts too!).

For M&S, it is best to use the mens changing room. I find that they have a snobbish attitude - they have no fashion sense, but do have lovely lingerie.

I would be surprised if any sales assistant refused you a changing room.
After all they all need more money.

Shelly Preston
12-17-2006, 08:51 AM
I dont know from personal experience but I was told Debenhams are tg/cd friendly

Cindy1512
12-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Kim

Yes Matalan is great got myself a denin mini and a top there last week. Was even able to try them on with no problems- there was no staff at the changing rooms.