PDA

View Full Version : Piratey Pics

CaptLex
12-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Trying out the new camera - already posted one pic in the "what do you wear to bed?" thread. Here's a few more . . .

This is the sign on my bedroom door

This is my desk - logged in to CD.com, of course. Notice I have a captain lamp, and a captain on the top shelf with some small ships and behind the lamp there's a framed picture of (who else?) Johnny Depp

Here's the sign on my bathroom door

And here's what the bathroom looks like - what you don't see is the pirate towels, clock, hamper, shower cap, bath mat . . . you get the picture. If you look close you may see the pirate rubber ducky on the window ledge. :heehee:

pocoyo
12-16-2006, 09:01 PM
HAHA!! Awesome :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love it! That's so very cool!
Btw... soo... you have a working cam now... ??? :angel:

Kate Simmons
12-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Awesome Cap. Really neat stuff.:happy:

kerrianna
12-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Pretty cool stuff Lex...

...but you should get some pirate stuff sometime....

....or maybe you're not into pirates....:heehee:

(WARNING!: DO NOT CAM WITH CABIN BOYS! - Captains make them cam first! Wait a minute, that didn't come out right....nor that....I'd better quit while I'm behind....:doh:)

Teresa Amina
12-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Pirate rubber ducky? :happy: You're a cool dude, Capt'n

bi_weird
12-17-2006, 12:02 AM
O.O that's a lot of pirate stuff.

Felix
12-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Hi Captain ya have some wicked stuff goin on there sweetie xx Felix :hugs:

Marla S
12-17-2006, 04:33 AM
That shower curtain would scare me to death :D
... but it's cool stuff you have there.:thumbsup:
Where is the rum barrel ?

Joy Carter
12-17-2006, 06:22 AM
Hey Capt. ever see the 1930's movie "Long John Silver" ? Such a timeless classic with Jakie Cooper and Wallis Burry. I'm sure it's out there some where. Check the local library.

Kieron Andrew
12-17-2006, 06:29 AM
i was thinking that and maybe he could use it as a stool at his computer desk and hey im sure thats the same laptop i have..........

but still no pics of you dude!!! come on get on with it lol, you have no excuse no that you have a new camera

Tina Dixon
12-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Looking forword to seeing that that room night of the Captain Ball, opps I got a date:o

Kieron Andrew
12-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Looking forword to seeing that that room night of the Captain Ball, opps I got a date:o
oi!!!!........mine is better i have all 'Truimph' in my bedroom lol

Tina Dixon
12-17-2006, 08:05 AM
oi!!!!........mine is better i have all 'Truimph' in my bedroom lol
Vrrrrommmm:love:

Marla S
12-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Capt, forgott to mention.

You probably know this, but if not, it would be a nice training for your camera to document the progress of building together the Wicked Wench (http://www.disneyexperience.com/models/wwench_model.html).
A nice free paper model, but a bit of a difficult one ... you will need some rum to get the job done !!! :D

Charleen
12-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Captain, my Captain! Way Cool! Love and xxxx, Lily

Tina Dixon
12-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Got to say though, the shower curtain is way to cool:thumbsup:

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 09:33 AM
That shower curtain would scare me to death :D
... but it's cool stuff you have there.:thumbsup:

Marla,

The shower curtain is a bit intimidating when people first see it, but it grows on you. A friend of my son sarcastically pronounced it "cheerful" when he saw it.

I don't have a gun yet, but I have a full size pirate sword. My cousin said I should hang it over the bed, but I don't want to scare away any would-be suitors. Although my pirate teddy might do that anyway. :heehee: I'll have to check out that Wicked Wench - which reminds me, where is Ericka?

Joy,

I love that movie! I've been into pirate movies way before Pirates of the Caribbean came out. :D

Tina,

I think Kieron is getting jealous. :tongueout

Kieron Andrew
12-17-2006, 09:34 AM
I think Kieron is getting jealous. :tongueout
not at all.......

Kate Simmons
12-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm here,Captain Hon. You mentioned movies. I loved the old Errol Flynn swashbuckler movies. I grew up on them as a kid.Watched them over and over when home video came out. I always fantasized not only being the hero but the gal to be rescued from the cut throats as well. When "Cutthroat Island" came out, I realized I COULD be the Heroine. Geena kicked some butt in that one. I haven't seen the Johnny Depp movies yet (shows how "sheltered" I am, right?). Seen the trailers though and they look pretty excellent. Really, though, I haven't had time. Now that I'm (mostly) retired, think I'll start catching up on movies, especially the action adventure ones. You know me, I like looking nice but want in on the action. I just don't sit around in my pantyhose looking pretty.:heehee: Your happy Serving Wench:happy:

Adam
12-17-2006, 10:29 AM
i have been asked to show mine i hope your not disappointed Capt's is much better :sad: and i so want that door sign :heehee:

a pic of my window sill
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/adam_simon_p/bathroom4.jpg

2 pirate boats see the skull and cross bones on the boat flags

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/adam_simon_p/bathroom3.jpg

i love these it tells you what knots and what they are called

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/adam_simon_p/bathroom2.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/adam_simon_p/bathroom1.jpg

another boat in the corner

Kate Simmons
12-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Wow, cool collection Adam. I have one(just one, unfortunately) similar to the last one. Very nice indeed, Hon.:thumbsup: :happy:

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Adam, I'm jealous! Those are sooooo cool! Your boats are bigger than mine. :eek: I love those nautical knots too. I've seen them in catalogs, but haven't bought any. That first ship is amazing - I want one! Thanks for sharing - it made my day. :D

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Ericka,

I thought I was the only one that liked Cutthroat Island - I love that movie. Geena was great! Girl after my own heart. I also grew up watching Errol Flynn (Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk) and Tyrone Power (The Black Swan) pirate movies. Ahh . . . great times. I definitely recommend the two Pirates of the Caribbean movies - don't walk, run! :D

That's an order, swabbie! ;)

Adam
12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
i seem to theme a room out my bedroom is done classic mini car style :D

wonder if i can get that sign here :heehee: pirates only one :D

Kate Simmons
12-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Ericka,

I thought I was the only one that liked Cutthroat Island - I love that movie. Geena was great! Girl after my own heart. I also grew up watching Errol Flynn (Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk) and Tyrone Power (The Black Swan) pirate movies. Ahh . . . great times. I definitely recommend the two Pirates of the Caribbean movies - don't walk, run! :D

That's an order, swabbie! ;)Aye! Aye! Cap'n. Can't disobey a direct order from the Skipper, you know. BTW, any movie with a "blade" in it is fair game for me. You know how much I like them. Just got another ad by E-Mail for Bud K. MMMM--so many swords, so little time. Lessee--wig, sword, wig, sword, That's a "toughy" for sure, Hon.:undecided :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
12-17-2006, 11:27 AM
hey!!!! guess what....we've got Pirate's of the Carribean being shown on daytime television on boxing day!!!

Adam
12-17-2006, 11:44 AM
great remind me closer to the date because i have not seen the first one yet :D

pocoyo
12-17-2006, 12:51 PM
That will help add a nice atmosphere to Christmas :happy:
Can't beat a bit of merry pirating hehe. Plus of course the presence of the beautiful Johnny Depp is a great christmas present. :D

My Dad rang me up all excitedly last month to let me know he'd bought me a potc advent calender, but he still hasn't given it to me! Grr!!

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 01:15 PM
i seem to theme a room out my bedroom is done classic mini car style :D

wonder if i can get that sign here :heehee: pirates only one :D
Adam,

I got both of those signs online at www.cdockpirates.com. Here's a direct link to the signs:

http://www.cdockpirates.com/fivetoten3.htm

P.S. Love your new avatar!

Evert
12-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm soooo in love with your bathroom!! :D

pocoyo
12-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah... I meant to say that too (so thick). very cool avatar Adam :happy:

Sierra Evon
12-17-2006, 02:39 PM
eye,eye-Capt. :happy:

Adam
12-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Adam,

I got both of those signs online at www.cdockpirates.com. Here's a direct link to the signs:

http://www.cdockpirates.com/fivetoten3.htm

P.S. Love your new avatar!

thanks capt i will go look :D

Tedi
12-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Arrrggggg, very ship shape matey!
Shiver me timbers!

Sarah Rabbit
12-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Adam, I'm jealous! Those are sooooo cool! Your boats are bigger than mine. :eek: . :DHey, is something like a 'Red Sports Car' symbolism type thing..:undecided

Size does matter:lol::lol:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Jenny Beth
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Here's a ship for you Captain, you'll need your sea legs to sail on her though. This is the Belem, 1896/1996, not sure where she sank though.

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Here's a ship for you Captain, you'll need your sea legs to sail on her though. This is the Belem, 1896/1996, not sure where she sank though.
She's a beauty, Jenny Beth, thank you. I've actually had dreams like that . . . which is why I think I drowned at sea in another life. :eek: But it hasn't kept me away from ships - the sailing ones are my favorites. :D

Kimberley
12-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Excellent decorating.

Love it.

Now, about that brig....

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Now, about that brig....
Yes . . . ? :p

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Size does matter:lol::lol:
Absolutely, Sarah . . . a sailor with a small pinnace doesn't get much respect. :heehee:

kerrianna
12-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Nothing a few cabin boys with buckets can't take care of, right Capt'n?

Now steady that ship, or I'll spill my champagne.

janedoe311
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
I want some.

I am sure the kids would too. My 4 year old girl goes around with an eye patch and says ARRRGG I am a pirate.

She is a funny girl.

Personally I think pirates got a bad rap. Most were smugglers to avoid the high British taxes and eventually branched out. Just Robin Hoods in ships! Black beard excluded!

Shannon CD
12-22-2006, 11:34 PM
CaptLex,

Thought you might want to see what I've been doing to my bar. It is still in progress. I'd like to get some brass porthole mirrors to put behing the bar (after I panel the wall). The pirate's weapons and treasure map parchments will be framed and on the same wall. I'll make a display for the weapons I have and add any other authentic looking knick-knacks along the way, hopefully get a brass sextant, as well.

BTW, I loved Cutthroat Island as well, have it in my DVD collection.

(was getting nervous that someone may recognize my decor. Captlex, if you want the pics I can email them. let me know.)

CaptLex
12-23-2006, 09:59 AM
CaptLex,

Thought you might want to see what I've been doing to my bar. It is still in progress. I'd like to get some brass porthole mirrors to put behing the bar (after I panel the wall). The pirate's weapons and treasure map parchments will be framed and on the same wall. I'll make a display for the weapons I have and add any other authentic looking knick-knacks along the way, hopefully get a brass sextant, as well.

BTW, I loved Cutthroat Island as well, have it in my DVD collection.

Wow, Shannon, I love it! If I had that room, I'd be hanging out there all the time. Do you have a pirate flag to hang in there too? I'd love to get a porthole mirror too - and maybe a gun. Which reminds, me I still have to figure out where to hang my sword. It's great, thanks for the pics. :D

Shannon CD
12-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Wow, Shannon, I love it! If I had that room, I'd be hanging out there all the time. Do you have a pirate flag to hang in there too? I'd love to get a porthole mirror too - and maybe a gun. Which reminds, me I still have to figure out where to hang my sword. It's great, thanks for the pics. :D

I have several flags 5 large (Jack Rackman, Pirate w/2 swords, jolly roger, prepare to be boarded, and surrender the booty) and 3 small (surrender the booty, pirate republic, and fish or cut bait).

I'm really just not sure what to do with them yet. I have a couple of ideas but I guess I'll just have to experiment a bit.

BTW, I don't know if you can see the black powder pistol replica that is sitting on the whiskey barrel (which I'm turning into a bar sink. the barrel, not the gun :heehee: ) but I think it's kinda cool.

Lisa Golightly
12-23-2006, 10:19 AM
There was a street market vendor selling large pirate flags for a fiver a pop when I had a wander around town today... I thought of the Capt. :)

CaptLex
12-23-2006, 10:25 AM
I have several flags 5 large (Jack Rackman, Pirate w/2 swords, jolly roger, prepare to be boarded, and surrender the booty) and 3 small (surrender the booty, pirate republic, and fish or cut bait).

I'm really just not sure what to do with them yet. I have a couple of ideas but I guess I'll just have to experiment a bit.

BTW, I don't know if you can see the black powder pistol replica that is sitting on the whiskey barrel (which I'm turning into a bar sink. the barrel, not the gun :heehee: ) but I think it's kinda cool.
Oh, cool . . . those flags will add the right touch. It's funny, I have some of those pirate expressions in signs and even on some of my boxers. I especially like "prepare to be boarded" and "surrender the booty". I also have pirate mugs with the different jolly rogers in my bathroom (to hold Q-tips, cotton balls, etc.). My favorite is the Jack Rackham one (which is the best known one). I even have a small pirate chest with that one on it (for my own "treasure"). I did see the gun, that's what reminded me that I want to get one too. I just love the whole room. So, when can I come over? I'll bring my own rum. :D

Shannon CD
12-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh, cool . . . those flags will add the right touch. It's funny, I have some of those pirate expressions in signs and even on some of my boxers. I especially like "prepare to be boarded" and "surrender the booty". I also have pirate mugs with the different jolly rogers in my bathroom (to hold Q-tips, cotton balls, etc.). My favorite is the Jack Rackham one (which is the best known one). I even have a small pirate chest with that one on it (for my own "treasure"). I did see the gun, that's what reminded me that I want to get one too. I just love the whole room. So, when can I come over? I'll bring my own rum. :D

Next time you're in California do not hesitate to let me know. If I find out you've been here and didn't come by "It'll be the plank for ye".

CaptLex
12-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Next time you're in California do not hesitate to let me know. If I find out you've been here and didn't come by "It'll be the plank for ye".

Well, I've always wanted to see California . . . now I have a good reason. :D

Shannon CD
12-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Well, I've always wanted to see California . . . now I have a good reason. :D

Don't forget that Disneyland has the original "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. If that's not enough to get you out here I'll think of some more...:happy:

CaptLex
12-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Don't forget that Disneyland has the original "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. If that's not enough to get you out here I'll think of some more...:happy:

Oh that's right . . . and they've incorporated Capt. Jack into it now. Have to check that out! Okay, men, we have our heading . . . the compass points to sunny southern Cali! :thumbsup:

Xaff
12-27-2006, 05:57 AM
HAHA, nice Capt.Lex

I only have a big poster of Pirates of the Carribean, for the rest I have also things from ninja and samuraï.

CaptLex
12-27-2006, 07:15 AM
HAHA, nice Capt.Lex

I only have a big poster of Pirates of the Carribean, for the rest I have also things from ninja and samuraï.
Cool, Morgan, I love that poster. Here's another:

38302 :daydreaming:

dancinginthedark
12-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Lex cools beans on the pirate theme you have going there. You too Adam.

Like Erica and some of the others I loved the old Errol Flynn movies too, kinda the Johnny Depp of his day. :D

Dancin