PDA

View Full Version : Automatic "female" responses

Kristen Marie
12-17-2006, 12:25 AM
About two weeks ago, I bought a nice pair of boot cut length jeans at Lane Bryant. They fit better than any jeans I have ever owned. And I was delighted that they were a size 16T. I removed the tags and simply told the wife I bought some new jeans.

Well, she loves the jeans on me. (And while she may tolerate the periodic wearing of her panties at night, female jeans is too big of a step right now.) But tonight when we were Christmas shopping she asked what size my new jeans were. I almost said, 16T, but caught myself just in time.

So here's the question, how many times have we responded to a simple question with a female references......like, I'm so happy, I dropped a dress size!!

Adrienne Heels
12-17-2006, 12:28 AM
My problem is that I keep making comments on womens' fashion to my wife...and then I have to catch myself quick by saying I saw that on "What Not to Wear".

Lisa Maren
12-17-2006, 12:31 AM
I've had a time or two when I knew upfront (fortunately) that I needed to tread very carefully. I complimented my two year old niece's pretty mary janes and decided I'd better not call them by name. I just said they were so cute.

I hope I continue to catch myself before I mess up!

Hugs,
Lisa

JennMW
12-17-2006, 03:53 AM
Funny you bring that up now...

I was getting fitted for a soft cast and the tech asked my shoe size so he could get the correct "big" shoe to wear outside.

I almost gave my girl size! :D

judyw9
12-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Sometimes I automatically compliment GGs at work on clothes, jewelry, etc. Most times I catch myself before I do it. It's a little dangerous for me to do as I am an executive (fear of a sexual harassment suit). I also have come very close to automatically responding with my femme voice at work. Now that would really be dangerous!

Kate Simmons
12-17-2006, 07:21 AM
I have no qualms about complimenting the women I've worked with as to their clothes. They seem to be amazed at my knowledge of female fashion and the terms associated with it and are always asking for my input (go figure). They are impressed with my fashion sense and have never inferred anything concerning my manhood. They're just glad to have a guy to talk to. Refreshing for them, I guess.:happy: EKR

heatherM
12-17-2006, 08:24 AM
My wife approves of my dressing and we share it, shopping etc.(ha ha ETC) I was working on a car of mine and spent 4 hours in the garage that day (in panties and a nice Fashion Bug pink push up) and was done back in the house washing my hands, the wife made a comment about how do all that and still have such clean hands ( gloves ) and out of the blue I whirled around dipped my wrist and in my best Heather voice said "and didn't break a nail either", her eyes widened, I was expecting something harsh, she said "your such a bitch" and that was all shes always breaking a nail doing something.
The other day we were going out to dinner, walking to the car she asks if I have the coupon in my purse, Fruodian slip!!
she affectionetly refers to me as her little bitch and I love it.

Tina Dixon
12-17-2006, 08:34 AM
We were in Target the other day, and she stoped and looked a pair of shoes, I so wanted to say if you don't want them I do.

Shelly Preston
12-17-2006, 08:47 AM
We I think I am past the stage of worrying about that

I was shopping with my wife when I commented on a nice skirt

The response was who for you or me

Angela E.
12-17-2006, 09:05 AM
I don`t even think about it.I just naturally think and act feminine,at work,I`m one of the girls,at home,my wife and I are sisters.Love-Angela.:kissing: :luvu: :doll: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Amy Hepker
12-17-2006, 09:17 AM
I was feeling pretty good about my Lady letting me go to the CD meeting last week and was feeling very accepted by her after that. Monday I made a joke about me in Female clothes and the Sh-t hit the fan. I guess I over stepped my bounds and she let me know that she still wants her MAN, and that I am not Amy all the time. OOOPS!

TxKimberly
12-17-2006, 09:18 AM
We I think I am past the stage of worrying about that

I was shopping with my wife when I commented on a nice skirt

The response was who for you or me
LOL
This is common for my wife and I.
Me - "So do you think they have one that will fit"?
Wife - "Fit who, you or me"?

I don't have to worry about this with my wife, but I HAVE caught myself countless times at work just before I say something that might be the last hint they need to put it all together. In particular, I have caught myself several times getting ready to put "Kim" at the end of my email at work. Uggghhhh! That would be bad!
Kim

judyw9
12-17-2006, 11:18 AM
...I HAVE caught myself countless times at work just before I say something that might be the last hint they need to put it all together. In particular, I have caught myself several times getting ready to put "Kim" at the end of my email at work. Uggghhhh! That would be bad!
Kim

Exactly my worry. If I start complimenting GGs at work, they might take that, my (very femme) shaped eyebrows, long shaped buffed nails, and very thin build, put them together and come to a conclusion. I work at a very conservative place and that would not be cool. Also, the part about ending emails with my femme name, I have come very close. I also try to sign on to my work network as "JUDYW9" many times.

Byllie
12-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Comment from my wife, while accompanying her shopping, some time after I came out to her:

"So that's why it never bothered you to shop with me."

tekla west
12-17-2006, 01:37 PM
I fail to see how knowing the names of shoe styles would somehow be some sort of major slip.

Karren H
12-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm saying that ice hockey gives me my girlish figure so often that I have coworkers telling me "don't eat that, you'll ruin your girlish figure" lol

Love Karren

Joy Carter
12-17-2006, 05:26 PM
About two weeks ago, I bought a nice pair of boot cut length jeans at Lane Bryant. They fit better than any jeans I have ever owned. And I was delighted that they were a size 16T. I removed the tags and simply told the wife I bought some new jeans.

Well, she loves the jeans on me. (And while she may tolerate the periodic wearing of her panties at night, female jeans is too big of a step right now.) But tonight when we were Christmas shopping she asked what size my new jeans were. I almost said, 16T, but caught myself just in time.

So here's the question, how many times have we responded to a simple question with a female references......like, I'm so happy, I dropped a dress size!!

You mean like the time I squeeled like a little girl when I got a raise at work+? LOL

SherriePall
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Almost this morning at church. I was talking to a lady who was wearing the same snowflake earrings I have by Avon. I almost told her that I had the same ones.

jjjjohanne
12-18-2006, 08:00 AM
I am primarily attracted to hosiery in the feminine garment world. I will go on the web and visit forums like this one and talk about hose occasionally. Now, in other situations, I have found that I will occasionally slip up and type hose instead of other ho- words such as house, how, /home/userid, etc. I am a computer guy and sometimes I have people watching me type. I fear that one day I am going to slip up in front of them!!

JoAnnDallas
12-18-2006, 10:44 AM
We are always kidding around at lunchtime and one day one of the ladies was looking at me and said "You have loss some wieght?" I turn and looked at her and said "sure have, I now can get into that size 12 LBD that has been hanging in my closet all summer". She then said "Don't feel great when you can wear a smaller size????????". She then reliazed what I had said and gave that look like "Ok, you got me" then said "OHHHH, that was a good one". I just smiled at her like I was saying "GOTCA".

susie evans
12-18-2006, 10:52 AM
mine are not as big as my wifes and i can't play ice hockey so i will have to take up a new sport like not eating so much and walking more in my high heels he he he

Diana West
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Some women were talking about getting some boots for the snowy weather.
I almost told them that Payless was having a sale on women's boots.
Fortunately, one of the women saw that I was about to join the conversation and stopped me.
She smiled and said, "Don't be suggesting anything like spiked heels."
I merely smiled and was thankful for that hesitation that allowed me to catch myself.

Kristen Marie
12-18-2006, 06:56 PM
While not in the same "almost a whoops" category (which was the theme when I started this thread), two middle aged ladies were walking across our work plaza today admiring each other's holiday slacks. They were a bit embarassed when they realized I was behind them because they know me, but not all that well. To break the embarassment, I chimed in and told her I liked the velvet embroidered slacks, and then countered with, do you think they would have them in my size. Wryly she said....perhaps. It was cute and fun. Or maybe she recognized my Lane Bryant jeans.....

Sarah Rabbit
12-18-2006, 07:56 PM
I don't know if it is in the same lines, but I almost reached out to a female once to straighten her twisted bra strap. Oh, the consequences would have been disasterous had I not caught myself:eek: (My S.O. was there at the time) I wonder who would have hit me first :undecided

Sarah R. :bunny:

Nikki A.
12-18-2006, 08:43 PM
My wife is not into my dressing but when we go jeans shopping I buy them all fem sized in that they fit better because of the stretch denim in them. Matter of fact if she buys and they don't fit I get them offered to me before they are returned unless they are obviously too fem. I have gloria Vanderbilts in black and the other brands in blue denim