PDA

View Full Version : out a little further then I planned...

cdeeko
12-17-2006, 03:51 AM
...but I liked it.

Yeah after the banquet we went to the punknite show. I wore my flowing women's top, my fishnets, my rock royalty girl socks with sparkles, and my ripped in back at ankle jeans. Pammy did my nails--alternating black and red and I went totally mascarred on eyes--once again pammy helped. By the end of the first band, I had ripped my jeans to my knees so the socks and fishnets were obvious. I tried sashaying when I walked and all my dance moves were very feminine--ones I watched girls do--it was pop punk so I could dance/sway in the crowd.. Even poorly quoted the "my husband, your boss..." line from Pulp fiction at Pammy and tried to dance like Uma.:heehee:

And I could not do this every where yet(see below). But could so do it at another punknite show.

Now my weak part of the night. We stopped at Meijers so we could change--she was not wearing her formal to punk nite I was in a suit and wanted to wear above gear--in their restroom.

I finished changing first and all though my rips were still just at the ankles at this point my fishnets and girl stocks still showed. And my top is obviously a womans top--think Seinfeld Pirate shirt only more chest revealing. And Pammy had a formal to remove. So was outside restrooms. In a rather rural part of the area. And all these Good old boys kept coming in. And I just felt all eyes on me. And got a little scared. Wound up waiting in the car.
Pammy came out and was like:"are you o.k." and I had to explain my silly fear.
Saying it out loud sounded so dumb and weak.:(

Rest of evening was great though. Even the banquet rocked in a different way.:happy:

kerrianna
12-17-2006, 04:45 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun - good for you!

And forget what fears sound like - saying them makes you strong and gives your friends trust in you. And sounds like you got a great friend in Pammy.

:hugs:

cdeeko
12-17-2006, 05:01 AM
. And sounds like you got a great friend in Pammy.

:hugs:

I do and I keep telling her. She has totally supported me in all of this.

And has been the one to keep me going.
Making me take steps BUT not forcing me.

If that makes sense...I guess inspiring to keep dreaming AND doing makes more sense.:hugs:

Angie G
12-17-2006, 05:33 AM
Cdeeko you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
12-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Cdeeko don't let others get to you. Those people will always be out there. If your gonna be you them pay them no mind. I'm fifty seven years old and I don't care what anybody thinks. Just go and have fun with your friend.

cdeeko
12-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Cdeeko don't let others get to you. Those people will always be out there. If your gonna be you them pay them no mind. I'm fifty seven years old and I don't care what anybody thinks. Just go and have fun with your friend.

Thanks. I know what you mean. But it was a little overwhelming because I did not planning on being so much of my femme side that night...(my face was still very boy). It just happened...happily. But not in the complete first time out mind set, so the meijer folks kind of got to me.
On the other hand all the folks at Punknite were so cool. Unless there was someone amazing there who pulled it all off, I was the only CD there and noone batted an eye.

Friendly smiles and nods. BUT considering there was a guy there in a misfits T-shirt and a kilt, I was happily just another punk rock "gurl".

And it so cool how many fellow CD's I see on here from Ohio.:hugs: