PDA

View Full Version : Flip Flop

Byllie
12-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Ever have one of those days when you don't know if you're coming or going? That was Friday, for me. It started out with me sleeping in a bit because I had no classes to teach. My wife got up first.

Suddenly she calls me downstairs, asking about an email that just popped up on my laptop. Her computer is temp out of comission, so she's using mine for email.

It was from a local TG group I had been emailing to, considering joining. It was signed, "Huggs".

She blew up, got furious, and so on. I'll spare you the details.

After showers and such, we sit down and she apologizes. She thought at first it was from a female student, not a CD. She was still ticked off.

Later, she met me at a local store and seemed all calm. She said she didn't want to hold me back from exploring who I am.

By Saturday it had all blown over, and we're back to normal again.

Whew! :whew!:

Calliope
12-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Boy, I can relate to that. My SO, a computer pro, got addicted to reading my emails, visiting my forums (Hi, Jo!) and just generally crawling inside my personal space. That sort of nosiness always punishes itself and, at first, the guily party often ups the defensive posture before reclaiming their decency.

Bethanygirl
12-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Thank goodness my wife hates computers, she says she has to use one at work all day, so she is not interested in them at home. If she knew I was posting here she would have a fit! She doesn't understand why I identify with other crossdressers, she says, "you are who you are, and that should be good enough for you, it is for me!" I have become curious about others like myself, I was just accepting that I was different, but as society loosened up about the transgendered, and progress began to be made on understanding them, I became curious. I don't believe she will understand that though, she feels that since I don't have any issues about it, that I shouldn't be so curious. Anyway, I'm glad she doesn't get nosy about my computer time!

susiegrl19
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Very happy for you that it all worked out. Good luck!

Joy Carter
12-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Byllie is she accepting of you +? My wife went over the edge when I stupidly failed to log off the forum and she peeked. She was totally shocked at what she saw/read. But I don't think she really "saw/read" if you know what I mean. I think she saw/read what she felt was bad and took it from there. She seems to be OK right now. Acknowledges me but not accepting. Christ I've been out twice now with friends and she's bank rolling my trip to "Be-All" in Chicago this May.:D Joy has pierced both ears (want doubles now :D ) and she washes my lingerie. Things are settled, I just don't push it. I know some may envy me but this has taken me all my life to get where I have gone in six months.

I Really Love You Girls/Boyz/Gurls :hugs: JOY

Byllie
12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Byllie is she accepting of you +? My wife went over the edge when I stupidly failed to log off the forum and she peeked. She was totally shocked at what she saw/read. <snip>
Yes, she's accepting, but is not ready to see me dressed fully en femme. She has seen me in jeans and a men's tailored woman's blouse, though, and painted toenails are no big thing anymore (except when the kids visit). We were good friends before the kids came, and now that they're off on their own, we're still friends as well as lovers. We do argue, and have our disagreements, but that's par for the course. I truly am blessed in having her. We're looking forward to growing old together; how many couples can say that?

Amy Hepker
12-17-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm glad you were able to keep your cool, and things are looking up. I guess if you really handled it well that you may geta reward for not blowing up at her. I hope you didn't. I know it's hard. I hope you two can sort things out and she will support you. If she were to get more involved, she would have known about the group.