PDA

View Full Version : xmas dinner with masquerade.ca

sandra-leigh
12-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Last night was our local club's "Formal/Glamour" seasonal dinner.

Our social coordinator booked us tables in a nice restaurant -- noticably above average food (and prices), but not a snooty place at all. Nearly everyone was saying outloud that they would definitely return for the food.

There were about 13 attendees, including 10 crossdressers, 2 spouses, and 1 crossdresser's mother (yes, really: I've never known her to miss a club meeting!). One of the attendees had joined the club at the November meeting, and was already willing to chance dinner out. No-one looked out of place or uncomfortable.

I was expecting that some attendees would dress quite flashy, but no-one did: people wore anything from sedate to "nice". Yes, certainly not "everyday" clothes, but nothing that would look out of place in any "good" restaurant. And I was entirely forgiven for not having had a chance to do my nails at all, and for forgetting my hat. People liked my dress + blazer combination, which was a dark green with a decorative (but not chintzy) rhinestone trim.

The waiter was quite good, and called all of us "Ms", and did so quite naturally, without fumbling for pronouns at all. And as we left, a couple of guys that happened to be standing outside the front door said, "Goodnight, ladies." to the few of us still left.

I was given some good-natured razzing for having missed the last couple of meetings -- all in good fun to let me know that although I don't say much in person, that I am an accepted part of the community.

It appeared to me that all of the attendees enjoyed themselves and were glad they had gone; I know that I will go to more (if circumstances permit.)

A number of pictures were taken; I imagine a selection will show up soon on the masquerade.ca web site.

(Oh, and Kendra, we had an extra seat for you; you would have been quite welcome in drab!)

Shannon CD
12-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Sounds like you had a great night. I hope you get to more of the meetings, it's always nice to be around others like yourself.

sandra-leigh
12-17-2006, 03:05 PM
I hope you get to more of the meetings, it's always nice to be around others like yourself.

I've been having a mini-debate with myself: do I want to Tell My Wife primarily so that I can go to the meetings easily -- or do I want to Tell My Wife primarily so I can store my many clothes at home instead of in various caches around town? :D