PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound fishy to anyone but me?

xPinkStockingsx
01-18-2005, 11:49 PM
I was in a yahoo chatroom for crossdressers a little while ago and this guy PMed me and told me that If I went on my webcam for him He'd send me a $500 VictoriasSecret.com gift certificate. I didn't believe him, of course, but he actualy sent it to me. It looks legit too, Its from Victoria's Secret and everything. So I went on my cam for him. All he asked me to do was change outfits, and then he bailed on me.

So now I have a $500.00 gift certificate and I'm afraid to use it. Should I be? Or should I go on one wild shopping spree?

Sara Kat
01-18-2005, 11:57 PM
What's his name? :D

christine55
01-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Bring the gift certificate in to a store and ask them to authenticate it. It sounds possible to me. There are lots of people out there to whom $500 means nothing. I can certainly understand paying $5.00 to see an extremely attractive girl get undressed and dress.
Hugs, Christine

T-girlMichelle
01-19-2005, 12:06 AM
Try it! Whats the worst that could happen? They turn you down. If it real thats $500 in Victoria Secrets lingere. ;)

xPinkStockingsx
01-19-2005, 12:12 AM
His name was Taqas on yahoo messenger. Its good only at victoriassecret.com. What I'm afraid of is that this could really come back to bite me in the ass. He could somehow find out where I live or something. I dunno. It probably doesn't work.

Bonnie-OR
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Sounds a little hinkey to me, but a store manager should be able to authenticate it, or put you in touch with someone that can. Just tell them your GF got it as a Christmas gift. Worth it to me for $500. Huggs, Bonnie

Stephanie Brooks
01-19-2005, 12:37 AM
His name was Taqas on yahoo messenger. Its good only at victoriassecret.com. What I'm afraid of is that this could really come back to bite me in the ass. He could somehow find out where I live or something. I dunno. It probably doesn't work.
I did a "whois" on the domain as you entered it. The domain checks out as really being Victoria's Secret, apparently owned by The Limited. This is good.

There's a customer service contact page on the VS website. Call. Explain the situation in as much as it is appropriate. Someone gave you a gift certificate and you wish to ensure that your identity remains anonymous. Is there any way that the giver can find out who you are? Policies against doing that notwithstanding, will their software allow it? If there's no way the person can trace you through Vicky's, you're home free.

In closing, what you do online is your business. However, look at what you're experiencing here. Is the anxiety worth $500?

xPinkStockingsx
01-19-2005, 12:57 AM
Well, I tried to buy something, and It was total BS, so I reported it to thier customer service that someone was giving out fake gift cards. It came from orders@victoriassecret.com, so it was probably someone that worked there.

Tristen Cox
01-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Sorry hun. That's really too bad. I hope that you aren't too upset about it. Never trust yahell(yahoo). :o

*hugs*

Love
Tristen

xPinkStockingsx
01-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Aww, Its ok, It was fun shopping on VictoriasSecret.com, even if it was only pretend :)

Vickie-CD
01-19-2005, 06:20 AM
For $500 I would have done it, now go treat and pamper yourself with the gift certificate.
Enjoy,
Vickie

Vickie-CD
01-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Oh, I just read it was BS, sorry to hear that. But I would have still done it with the hope it was for real, you had no way of knowing.
Vickie

Wendy me
01-19-2005, 06:50 AM
you mean theres like dishonest people on the web???????????????????????

racheal
01-19-2005, 08:26 AM
You go Girl - one great shoppoing spree coming up! Viva le Victoria Secret!!!

LindaTS
01-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Too bad it wasn't real. I would love to spend $500 in V.S. Oh, what fun I would have.

Jeanette H
01-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Years ago I encountered a guy in a chat room who told me he was looking for a "money mistress" to whom he would send money every month, with no obligation in return - the idea being that this would make him a slave who spent part of his life working for nothing. I said that if he e-mailed me with a statement that the money was sent by his choice with nothing expected back, I'd give him my postal address. He did, and I sent him this reply:

Good. You have done as I commanded.

On reflection I have decided that you will send me 130 pounds, instead of 120. The address to which you will send the money is:

Jeanette Harvey
c/o (my home address)

As I have previously told you, I want the money in cash, UK sterling. My preference would be to receive it as two 50-pound notes, one 20-pound note and one 10-pound note. I will not refuse it if sent in other notes, but if so I will punish you by making a more extortionate demand next time.

You will respond to this mail immediately, confirming that you have received it. You will mail again as soon as the money has been despatched.

As I have told you, I intend to spend this first payment on a new pair of boots. While you go hungry and cold for shortage of money, your cash will support my greed and indulgence. The thought pleases me.

Your money mistress,
Jeanette.

He was in Holland - had he been anywhere in Britain I might have hesitated to play along to that extent. Anyway, no cash ever turned up - but a few weeks later I did receive an unexpected letter from overseas which had to be signed for, and for a few moments I thought, it can't be, can it...???

Danielle1960
01-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Never actually shopped there. There is a store at the local mall, which I feel like stopping at but only do occasionally. Do they sell a large selection of stuff that fits us Cd types? 42b seems to be a bit beyond most retailers.

Thanks
Danielle

Tamara Croft
01-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Anyway, no cash ever turned up - but a few weeks later I did receive an unexpected letter from overseas which had to be signed for, and for a few moments I thought, it can't be, can it...???

.....and was it?????? you're keeping us in suspenders here ya know!!!

Tamara x :p

Jeanette H
01-19-2005, 07:31 PM
No, it was a friend who'd gone abroad for a while. I did actually see the "money slave" again in the same chat room, and told him he was a cheap *******. That place was a real electronic bear-pit - I had a couple of friends there and we used to carry on in a way that would be quite disgraceful in a forum such as this one. But it was funny.

Georgette
01-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I was in a yahoo chatroom for crossdressers a little while ago and this guy PMed me and told me that If I went on my webcam for him He'd send me a $500 VictoriasSecret.com gift certificate. I didn't believe him, of course, but he actualy sent it to me. It looks legit too, Its from Victoria's Secret and everything. So I went on my cam for him. All he asked me to do was change outfits, and then he bailed on me.

So now I have a $500.00 gift certificate and I'm afraid to use it. Should I be? Or should I go on one wild shopping spree?

I am not sure but me thinks you have been had. If you really want to find out just go on in to VSs and redeem it at least try. :) They won't even give you a second look as I go in there quite a bit now and one of the girls there knows me now and yesterday she asked if I wanted to try it on I said next time. :rolleyes:

racheal
01-19-2005, 08:05 PM
My goodness, a fake certificate????? Oh, that would break my heart. That's awful. Good that you reported it - what a scan artist that other person was. I hate when people try to take advantage like that - get excited and then get your hopes dashed like that. Goes to show that you can trust very little people these days. That is a gosh darn shame... :(