PDA

View Full Version : Girl or Gurl?

marie354
12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Shouldn't it always be Girl?
Not to be picky, but doesn't Gurl suggest something else?
I'd rather use Girl. How about all you gals?
:hugs: :love: :hugs:

susiegrl19
12-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi Marie, I agree it should be girl. I always refer to all of us as girls.

ArleneRaquel
12-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Never gurl ! Maybe not always a lady, but always a girl.:heehee: :love: Maureen.

Angela E.
12-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I prefer girl as well.It describes me and other peole like me very well.Also woman,lady,even T-girl.And prefer to be reffered to as she and her.-Angela:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming:

Christina Nicole
12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
"Gurl" suggests stupidity to the extent that an adult can not spell correctly a very simple word that does not give even very young children problems.

Regards,
Christina Nicole

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Yes. Always she as a pronoun. And I like t girl

Sierra Evon
12-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Ive substituted , that word "gurl", and use the the trem 'Girlie, girl, but that might prolly be the same thing ??????

Breanne
12-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I've used 'gurl' occasionally, mostly in a humerous way. My take on it is that it's a conraction of 'guy' and 'girl.'
Generally, though, I do prefer 'girl.'

tvbeckytv
12-19-2006, 06:56 PM
well im in a minority then, because i prefer gurl. I like the distinction and it fits my sense of identity... that being not male or female, but comfortably feminine(i hope).
For me to refer to myself as a girl is just fantasy...its not true no matter how much i may want it to be so....but calling myself gurl, well that is entirely real.

Tina Dixon
12-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Weirdo pretty much describes me, but some times I shock my self and think not bad girl:thumbsup:

Kimkandy
12-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Shouldn't it always be Girl?
Not to be picky, but doesn't Gurl suggest something else?

Yes, it suggests you spelling dictionary is broken...

Kim

:dom: :smashcomp

Janelle Young
12-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Well I learned something today. Now I know what a gurl is. I'm still not going to use the word but at least now I know what it means.

Sally24
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Alot of us use the term "gurl" because we are talking in the same sentences about Genetic Girls and T-girls. I find nothing offensive or wrong with it. I don't mind T-Girl although it is a contraction of Transvestite, a word that most of us dislike. I think most terms that are meant to communicate but not condemn are fine.

Sally

marie354
12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks! I see that in a much different perspective now.
Confucious says... Stupid person needs not to ask questions.

Calliope
12-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Generally womyn don't like to be called girls, however it's spelled.

Of course, we all know that. With us (and our deprived childhoods), it's a magical term.

Spelling it gurl always reminds me of the famous tune:

September gurls do so much
I was your butch and you were touched ~

carla smith
12-20-2006, 12:26 AM
No matter what I do I will not be a girl. I am dressing like one, don't wana be one.

I am a C-R-O-S-S-D-R-E-S-S-E-R....:heehee: (did I spell it right!)

Have fun out there!

michelleliz
12-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Is it girl Or women? Just depends How old you are :love:

Michelle Liz

lowlavalentine
12-20-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm just hooked on phonix myself

tekla west
12-20-2006, 02:20 AM
The classic, or traditional if you prefer, difference between woman and girls is.

A - the onset of menstrutation
B - Childbirth

DT is right about many women considering it an insult to be called a girl, just like if I walked up to you in my best suit and said "Boy, you want to get my bags for me."

Or as Jerry used to sing - because it works for both ways here.
"I won't leave you drifting down, but oh it makes me wild,
With thirty years upon my head to have you call me child."

Which is how women consider it, you are calling them a kid. Girl being a female child, and woman being an adult female human.

Hope that helps.

Sissy_in_pink
12-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Oh come on girls, ain't we just guys in dresses and skirts and bras and pantyhose and high heels and nighties. Hey what the heck, who cares, it's what you feel inside that matters :2c:

Joy Carter
12-20-2006, 04:57 AM
No matter what I do I will not be a girl. I am dressing like one, don't wana be one.

Have fun out there!

Ahmm.Whell acktualy itz "cross dresser" akcoring to the speelcheeker heir.

I prefer GURL because I use is so eveyone knows I'm talking cross dresser not a GG. T-girl is fine as well. Kinda cute but both say what we are.

Kate Simmons
12-20-2006, 05:08 AM
Doesn't really matter for me. Call me anything but "late for dinner". I'll answer to pretty much anything except "a****le". Bottom line is I'm a guy in a dress as Ericka and not really a "girl" or a "woman", so I say the choice is up to the person talking. The funny thing is I've never claimed to be a woman. That assumption is always by others. I'm just myself and like it that way.:happy: Ericka Kay

Kate Simmons
12-20-2006, 05:11 AM

Have fun out there!Well Carla, you can spell "crossdresser", that's why you is one , right?(old Army inside joke):heehee: Ericka

marie354
12-20-2006, 07:00 AM
Well I guess girl is actually a complement to the older generation. Used the right way of course.
I just love this place... So many wonderful views of such a simple concept.

Penny
12-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Well, perhaps we should call ourselves 'boils", part bo(y) and part (g)irl. You know, we 212 degrees of different!! :heehee:

:hugs:

Penny

Kate Simmons
12-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Well, perhaps we should call ourselves 'boils", part bo(y) and part (g)irl. You know, we 212 degrees of different!! :heehee:

:hugs:

PennyYou certainly know your Physics Penny. Same thing holds true for the center of gravity I'm afraid. Hard to walk like a "pear" when we are really a "carrot"!:rolleyes: ;) :happy:

marie354
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Boils? Really?! That sounds as bad as Goy! I can accept gurl for what it is for it is actually more accurite for some of us, but I don't mind being called girl sometimes in a complementary way as it would imply that you pass.

Penny If I looked as good as you, I might go out sooner. I'd call you girl, maam!

J-Girl
12-20-2006, 10:10 AM
The name says it all!

Jen :doll: