PDA

View Full Version : So, I shaved my head.

Abraxas
12-18-2006, 04:16 AM
And I found a map of Greece and a scar in the shape of the upside-down letter Q.
But anyway, I'm rather pleased. My mum did it for me, and it looks pretty nice. Shockingly, I've got a round head. Loads of scars though. But that was kind of the point-- psoriasis+hair=bad. So now I can apply lotion! :thumbsup:
Anyway, pictures will inevitably come at some point, just not right now, as my digital camera hasn't worked in, oh, about a year.

P.S. It's really quiet over here today. Did everyone forget to pay their Internet bill?

P.P.S. Holy crap, I'm in a good mood. Hence the very bizarre post. Ha!
:tongueout

Adam
12-18-2006, 06:14 AM
cool yeah would be cool to see pics :D
wow your mum did it for you my mum wouldent do mine ever :eek:

as for paying bills haha nahh i wouldent pay ima cheap scape :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
12-18-2006, 06:18 AM
oh we need pictures now!! come on im dying to see!! get one of your buddies to take pics

CaptLex
12-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Wow, I'm trying to imagine that, but I can't. How cold does it get there? Do you have a good hat? :heehee: Can't wait to see it.

pocoyo
12-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Haha!! Love the title of the thread!
Yay, glad you're in a good mood and I so can't wait to see the shaved head :D Most excellent :D

p.s. not pay my internet bill?? As IF! :p

bi_weird
12-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Wow that's awesome! Yeah I have psoriasis too. My doc gave me a solution for the stuff on the scalp...that is alcohol based...so when I apply it it goes in the cracked broken skin and I want to scream. Fun times.
But that's awesome that you like it, and yes we need pics, now.

Kieron Andrew
12-18-2006, 10:24 AM
hey what is this the psoriasis club or what!!! i too have it!!.....i use a shampoo daily which work amazingly
http://www2.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages/moreinfoa.asp?recordid=2193428&cid=880 I would recommend it to anyone that has it on their scalp also i use a steriod cream as i get it on parts of my body too http://www.drugs.com/cdi/dovonex_cream.html, both combat it really well

Dasein9
12-18-2006, 12:14 PM
A map of Greece, eh? Modern or Ancient?

If you don't mind my asking, Abraxas, has your name anything to do with a fellow named Hermann Hesse?

Evert
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Wow! Wanna see, wanna see!!

Must look really cool!!!! :D

(Said anyone psoriasis? I don't know it is psoriasis or not but I have some sort of disfunctional head skin... :heehee: )

Felix
12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Abs I shaved my hair off for charity about six yaers ago and raised £600 which wasn't bad and I felt totally liberated it was the best feeling. I continued with my hair on a no 2 for a long time cos I loved it sooooooooo much. Also like you I suffer from psoriasis which is a pain and much easier to treat with no hair. Good luck with the treatment hun xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
12-18-2006, 02:56 PM
:OMG: It is like a psoriasis club! :eek: Let's see, Abraxas, Bi, Kieron, Felix and maybe Evert. Wow, that's pretty wild. I guess I've been lucky so far (knock wood).

kerrianna
12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
And I found a map of Greece and a scar in the shape of the upside-down letter Q.

That sounds like a treasure map!

Quick Captain, secure that head and make sail! :GD:

Calliope
12-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey, Abraxas, maybe consider getting some dark shades. I forget the title but Yul Brynner played a karate-choppin' private eye in some 1960s yarn - looked devastating in those Foster Grants.

Psorisis club, eh? Hey, I'm the reason Zsa Zsa Gabor said 'the uglest part of a woman's body are her knees.' But, of course, having it on the scalp is far worse I have heard.

Kimberley
12-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing....

Now braxis will have cause to wear a bandana. Keeps the other pirates from finding the treasure and when he falls in a barrel of rum, he can wring out the bandana into a cup.

Cool Abraxis. Would love to see the pics.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Abraxas
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Adam-- yeah my mum did it. But I think only because I was complaining that my scalp was on fire and I needed to do something about it.

Kieron-- I'll get pics as soon as I can. None of my friends have both a digital camera AND an Internet connection, though, for some reason. And I'll definitely have to check out that shampoo and stuff. Might be groovy! :thumbsup:

Capt-- oh, it's only mid to lower 20s this week, as it's been snowing, but it will likely get down to well under ten degrees sometime this winter. Hat? Naw. I've got a few beanies that should do the trick, though. They always itched me with hair but maybe they won't now :happy:

Dasein-- My mum said she found my birthmark and it looked like a map of Greece. I'm not sure, exactly, cos it's right at the back so I can't see it very well.
And, yes, Hermann Hesse, very good. :thumbsup: One of my favourite books.

Felix-- that's awesome, I wish I could have raised money for it. Maybe I should have told my friends 'hey, I'll shave my head if you each give me $50!' Haha!

Ha, you guys and your treasure maps. Hmmmm. You might need a magnifying glass . . . Thanks for all the replies. :thumbsup:

P.S. My mum noticed that my left ear sticks out a half inch more than my right. :heehee: I'm so abnormal! :tongueout

Kieron Andrew
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll definitely have to check out that shampoo and stuff. Might be groovy! :thumbsup:
Talk to your doctor it may be you can get it on scripts

Abraxas
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Will do, when I can afford it. Meaning . . . not this month, haha!

CaptLex
12-18-2006, 07:51 PM
P.S. My mum noticed that my left ear sticks out a half inch more than my right. :heehee: I'm so abnormal! :tongueout
I think most people are asymetrical - one arm shorter, one leg longer, one boob bigger, etc. I have one ear slightly higher than the other, so my glasses are always crooked (and people are always trying to straighten them). :heehee:

RevMoonSerpent
12-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Abraxas, good luck with the new cut. I don't think I could ever shave my head. I'm too obsessed with my hair.

By CaptLex
I have one ear slightly higher than the other, so my glasses are always crooked (and people are always trying to straighten them).
Capt, I have the same exact problem. Now I know I'm not alone. :D

CaptLex
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't think I could ever shave my head. I'm too obsessed with my hair.
Ha, ha . . . me too! And I thought I was the only one. I just got a haircut and I'm frustrated 'cause now my hair is too short for me to play with. :p

Abraxas
12-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Teehee-- it's not completely shaved-- I just used clippers. It's really fun to play with :D

pocoyo
12-19-2006, 06:46 AM
I had mine shaved not the last summer but the summer before, but with a little on top to make a mohawk. It felt looovely to run my fingers through etc!
And lovely to wash. So cool and fresh.

I got chatted up by a lesbian at one of my gigs with my hair like that though, she wouldn't believe me that I wasn't a lesbian :straightface: lol!!
She wasn't even cute... she was drunk and scary :heehee:
I was like "Uh.. hello...I'm a rock person... rock people often have hair like this!"
I left out "plus I had it cut to BE A BOY!!" hehe!

Kate Simmons
12-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi guys, I used to use an OTC shampoo years ago called Vanseb-T. It's in a base of coal tar which was discovered to prevent production of excessive sebum which causes the flaking. It worked for me back then. Not sure if it's still available but something similar should be.;) :happy: Ericka

Abraxas
12-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Ha, I'm not so worried about being perceived as a lesbian, as being perceived as a skinhead! That would not be cool :thumbsdn:
And I'm going to check out some OTC stuff-- I'mm keep that in mind, Ericka. :happy:

Evert
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Ha, I'm not so worried about being perceived as a lesbian, as being perceived as a skinhead! That would not be cool :thumbsdn:
And I'm going to check out some OTC stuff-- I'mm keep that in mind, Ericka. :happy:

They perceived me as a white power racist.. :S Just because I wear armypants and armyboots..

I hope they won't think of you as a skinhead!! :eek:

Tina Dixon
12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Sorry to invade your space guys, but bald right to the skin and not a butch? Wow that takes balls:thumbsup:

Abraxas
12-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Cheers. Okay, my gran happened to get me a very tiny digital camera so I snapped a few pics. They're not great quality but you can see the naked-headedness. :D

CaptLex
12-20-2006, 12:06 AM
Cheers. Okay, my gran happened to get me a very tiny digital camera so I snapped a few pics. They're not great quality but you can see the naked-headedness. :D
Wow, Abraxas, I didn't think it was possible, but you look even younger than before. You'll get carded now for sure. Can I play with it? :D

Abraxas
12-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Haha! Yeah, now I definitely look 12. Or maybe like a very tall newborn.
Sure you can play with it! :D

Kimberley
12-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Whoa! Now that is radical.

I like it.

Abraxas
12-20-2006, 12:51 AM

bi_weird
12-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Looks awesome!

Abraxas
12-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm still trying to decide 1. if it's a keeper and 2. if I should buy a head razor and take it all the way down. Leeeetle bit cold to have done this now, but what the hell-- it's done, and I can always wear a hat. *shrugs*

Evert
12-20-2006, 05:20 AM
That looks so cool!!! :D

Now I see that I want it too! But my head is to round and I would look like a baseball without my hair... :heehee:

pocoyo
12-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Or maybe like a very tall newborn. Hahaha!!!!

Very cool naked-headedness there!! Lovin' it, looks very cool :D :thumbsup: and yaay to getting a camera!!
Good one 'braxas!

Dasein9
12-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Dasein-- My mum said she found my birthmark and it looked like a map of Greece. I'm not sure, exactly, cos it's right at the back so I can't see it very well.
And, yes, Hermann Hesse, very good. :thumbsup: One of my favourite books.

You have good taste in books.

Abraxas
12-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Hahaha!!!!

Very cool naked-headedness there!! Lovin' it, looks very cool :D :thumbsup: and yaay to getting a camera!!
Good one 'braxas!

Glad ya like it!

And Dasein, thanks, obviously so do you! :D

Dasein9
12-21-2006, 01:51 AM
You made me pick up the book again, Abraxas.

Hmmm... For the first time I have to wonder, are Emil and Demian queer?

Abraxas
12-21-2006, 03:23 AM
You made me pick up the book again, Abraxas.

Hmmm... For the first time I have to wonder, are Emil and Demian queer?

I always did wonder about that, slightly. Especially the very end bit. But I dunno, maybe that's just the way guys were in Germany in the, what was it, 1930s? Or am I way off on the date? Ehhhh I don't remember. Been well over a year since I read it.
I'd have read it more than a few times, but I lent my copy to a friend and he left the country, so I have no idea where it is now. Hmm, I'll have to get a new one I guess.

Taylor105
02-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Raises hand. I am also in the one ear higher than the other club. My glasses are forever feeling crooked because of it. And I laughed out loud at your comment about being a tall newborn Abs!! Now that this is a really old post I would be curious to see what your hair looked like now. Are you letting it grow back out?

Abraxas
02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I let it grow for awhile, and then shaved the bottom bit again. Kind of like a really short bowl cut almost. It's about 3/4" on top now, and still really short on the bottom.
And I think it's gone curly. It was wavy at the back before, but now the top is starting to look like it might end up quite curly. And I've got a lot more white hairs than before, which I'm pleased about. I like white hairs. :D I had like three before I shaved it, and now I've got a couple dozen. It's grooooovy.