PDA

View Full Version : Why?

rexy
12-18-2006, 06:06 AM
WHY DO WE REALLY DO THIS ? I KNOW I AM NOT SO SURE WHY I REALLY DO THIS . I THINK I KNOW WHY BUT ?:happy: WHY GIRLS ?

Kate Simmons
12-18-2006, 06:13 AM
Why do we do anything, Rexy? We all have our own individual reasons. You have to search your feelings (deeply sometimes) and be honest with yourself as to the reason. Your presentation of yourself this way reflects your own feelings about yourself and your needs. Only you can answer that question really.:happy: EKR

Veronica E. Scott
12-18-2006, 06:23 AM
I think I know why but when you think about it does it really matter why.
You can think of a thousand reasons why we do anything but it all comes down to I want to.Reason enough.

Marla S
12-18-2006, 06:38 AM
At present nobody knows.

My personal theory in short.

In general:
Predisposition of different strength due to some biochemical processes that needs to manifest (free will is not so free as we might wish).

Social pressure, idolization, and being GM might lead to various degrees of compulsive behavior.

JoanFlores
12-18-2006, 06:39 AM
We do it because it makes us feel good and confident.

Deanna2
12-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I feel relaxed and comfortable.

Billie2day
12-18-2006, 08:06 AM
I heard somewere that when we crossdress it releases some hormones similar to the one when you orgasm, it does this in a slowerlonger action that makes me feel good when dressed as a woman. It is also a lot more comfortable when the weather is hot.. When I was younger I could not stay dressed very long for It excited me so much I had to masterbate. Now that I am older I can be dressed all day and it just leaves a feeling of "this is right for me," Billie

Teresa Amina
12-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Because. Just because, that's all. :happy: I think we beat ourselves up over it needlessly, trying to find "why". Does it really matter "why"?

jenniferfvs
12-18-2006, 08:10 AM
My mother and father divorced when I was a baby. I was raised by my mother and grandmother. WOMEN! Then breifly came a nasty stepfather at two years of age. A lousy role model. I certainly didn't want to be like him! My next step father was good but pretty much ignored me in. I wanted to be like the two who nurtured me. I still do. When I would spend part of the summers with my step fathers mother, there was only her and her daughter. Two more women. Now I believe I am a composite of the two women who raised me most of my first four years of life and the two added in through the remainder of my youth. I am four women rolled into one and I love it! There are eight million stories in the naked city, but I'd much rather be dressed pretty. Good luck in your search into your WHY? :love:

Kate Simmons
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM
If you mean it releases Endorphins Billie, I can dig that. If that is so, however, it makes me wonder just how much more control we can have over our entire body chemistry. Personally, I feel that there are physiological changes, however subtle, whenever we get in this mindset and it affects us in more ways than we may think.:happy: EKR

Karren H
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Who cares why?? If you knew it wouldn't change a thing so why even ask yourself the question.... Many girls torment themselves over why when they should accept that they are what they are and love doing what they do and get on with their life....or lives...hehehe

Love Karren

Rachaelb64
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Me? Personally I think I just it as some sort of pressure value. When life gets me down I dress to make myself feel good. Better wearing a dress than knocking back the beer:eek:

Now I'm (not so) young, free & single I do tend to do it when I get home from work to relax.

Yes in my teens it was a sexual 'thing' now it not so much that now it more of a way to relax. I also it some thing we me being close to my mother & sister :happy:

Now I'm more or less a happy bunny:bunny:

:doll:

Diana West
12-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Because it is fun.
Face it, we do it because it is pleasurable.
Now if you want to ask why it is pleasurable to us, that's a whole other question.

Bethanygirl
12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I think that we just came to identify with the most lovely, beautiful, unserstanding, and valuable side of our human race, women! We all wish to emulate our heroes, and the ideal of womanhood is all we strive to be. Why does a guy who is 5'6" tall learn to play basketball as good as he can? He can never make it in the sport in any big way, he does not have the physical attributes to do so. Yet he practices until his shooting, passing, and dribbling are excelent. Why does he do it? Why do we do what we do? We all have our heroes...:happy:

susie evans
12-18-2006, 10:27 AM
i think karren is wright i fought this in my minde for years and after reeding this forum for several months have finaly came to realise i like it so why not have fun enjoy it as we have the best of both worlds life is to short go buy some new clothes make your self look good and enjoy the time you have :2c:

crossing-the-rain
12-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Rexy,
I don't answer the answer for you nor the answer for me !
Rain

MarinaTwelve200
12-18-2006, 12:40 PM
WHY DO WE REALLY DO THIS ? I KNOW I AM NOT SO SURE WHY I REALLY DO THIS . I THINK I KNOW WHY BUT ?:happy: WHY GIRLS ?

You actually have to decide for yourself as to the WHY. The real reason this is confusing is that there are SEVERAL very different reasons why men crossdress (or find pleasure in it) The crossdressers that you know of may dress for a reason different than your own---you look at them and say "i'm not like THAT person or that person"---but yet you still CD. You are confused because in reality, they dont have the same thing motivating them as you do. For example, you may see a TS guy that CDs. "but hey, I'm not TS---why am i doing this anyway?---" Get the point?

The problem likel is, for us confused types, is that we have NOT encountered, or do not know about ALL the reasons guys might CD---and your reason may be amidst those reasons you dont know about---once you find it, it will make sense and then you will KNOW

THEN WHAT? What if we know WHY we CD? Do you think this knolwledge will help you stop? I don't think so. its like being "turned on" and not know whats turning you on--THEN you discover WHAT turns you on. Indeed, rather than stop, KNOWING tells you how to DIRECTLY go to what turns you on rather than having to experiment each time.

I CD to escape from MYSELF for a while --this is fun and relaxing, and removes stress. KNOWING WHY I CD has only removed any guilt I might have had over it and also removed worries about me having some "latent TS or Gay" elements in my psyche I may have been repressing.----CD is a simple vacation for me from ME, nothing more and nothng less---Knowing has put my fears guilt and worries to rest, and made my CD experiences all the more fun.

JoAnnDallas
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Now that science has proved that men and women's brains ARE wired differently, it would stand to explain many facts. One is why some people are gay, TG, TS, and CD. It would also explain all the variations fo these roles too. If this is the fact, then there is not much we can do about it except to learn to accept ourselves as what we are and go from there.

Madeleine
12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I heard somewere that when we crossdress it releases some hormones similar to the one when you orgasm, it does this in a slowerlonger action that makes me feel good when dressed as a woman. It is also a lot more comfortable when the weather is hot.. When I was younger I could not stay dressed very long for It excited me so much I had to masterbate. Now that I am older I can be dressed all day and it just leaves a feeling of "this is right for me," Billie

I can identify with the above statement exactly. Seems now when dressed I lose sexual urges and just feel comfortable in softer, gentler clothing. May be my age (senior citizen), or the fact that when my wife had a total hysterectomy some 30 years ago we stopped having sex, and my alter identity thinks that it is normal not to feel sexy in femme clothing!

Hugs Madeleine

LindaTS
12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I do it because I'm a woman and women just happen to dress this way.

Naomi
12-18-2006, 01:59 PM
when im feeling down it fixes me,
what better reason to c/d ?

Calliope
12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Books, introspection. I used to ask why?

Now I'm fine with why not?

tekla west
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
I don't think there is a big "WHY" that could cover all of us.

The comfort thing is good, and there was a fetish deal about it once, but now it just seems to be its own little form of anarchy. I used to work overtime trying to argue with people and trying to make then think, which of course only made them upset. Found out, all I have to do is wear pink socks and its straight to freaked out. Easy enough.

I suppose that its just a lovely way to subvert the dominant paradigm without having to do any heavy lifting, unpleasant bending, or having to use a gun. Though, I do worry that as Henry David Thoreau cautioned one should distrust any enterprise that requires new clothes, so I kind of failed there, but I have a feeling he would let me slide on it.

And I like hanging out with girls too.

As Jerry Garcia once remarked, "Somebody HAD to do SOMETHING, its just incredibly pathetic it had to be us."

So it goes.

KateLongman27
12-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Why the hell not, I mean why not cross dress? Females get better choice of clothing better material and its fun. So why not?

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't really know why other than it feels right. I do think there is a biological explanation for this casue so many of us have this need.

carla smith
12-18-2006, 04:54 PM
because I can!

I started as an alternative to dating. I just got fed up with the hassles of going thru the date thing.

I was dressed as a youth by my older sister, and hated it. I would not even wear boys briefs because they looked too much like panties!

I was in a position in my life where I could do anything I wanted. I thought it would be fun to try it again. And here I am!

As long as I am having fun with it I will continue on.

Have fun out there!

Sierra Evon
12-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Well for me I do it because its a welded past of who I am , its a feeling and soo much more , the qustion poses soo many different answers from ppl., yet I'm sure yull finda a common thread in this thread.........

Penny
12-18-2006, 07:18 PM
I know precicely why I crossdress. My July 17 thread says it all!

:hugs:

Penny

Juanita O
12-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I do it to relieve stress and I always thought That I was a women, My mother always said that I should have been born a girl. She wanted a daughter.

Rachaelb64
12-18-2006, 08:11 PM
We are just peacocks who want to be admired and show ourselves off to the world..............

Penhens on the other hand are drab.

:lol2:

rexy
12-18-2006, 08:13 PM
GIRLS THANK ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED ON THIS THREAD, I DRESS FOR A LOT OF REASONS SOME OF THEM THE SAME AS YOU GIRLS . NOW I DO NOT REALLY CARE WHY, BECAUSE IT IS WHAT I DO !!!!:happy:

Peggy55
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
I wrote this in a thread a while back. read it on-line somewhere:

CD'n for Stress
Yes as a matter of fact I read an article that said that for some individuals, like me, the desire to crossdress does not manifest itself until there has been a series of tramatic events in ones life. The person will then tend to "flee" to the female, nurturing side of their personality.

Peggy

KELLYANN
12-23-2006, 03:31 AM
i understand your feelings, and know the situation you are in. i hope you don't think about purging!! you are a dear friend to me. keep a smile and let me know. OK? HUGS KELLY :hugs:

Joy Carter
12-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Just aligning things to where they were subposed to be. I'm a much better person now for just accepting myself. A happy as well.:D

Kate Simmons
12-23-2006, 04:35 AM
Just aligning things to where they were subposed to be. I'm a much better person now for just accepting myself. A happy as well.:DPretty much my thoughts exactly Joy.:thumbsup: :happy:

Raychel
12-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Because I like too. And life is to short to not enjoy it.

rexy
12-23-2006, 09:05 AM
i understand your feelings, and know the situation you are in. i hope you don't think about purging!! you are a dear friend to me. keep a smile and let me know. OK? HUGS KELLY :hugs:
NO, NO WAY GIRL , I AM NOT THINKING OF PURGING! WE ARE HAVING TO MUCH FUN TOGETHER !! WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY MY DEAR FRIEND :love:

KrazyKat
12-23-2006, 08:13 PM
:love: AWW, Rexy, you are far tooooooo beautiful of a person to ever doubt that what you do to make you happy is a bad thing!!

Peace :Peace: and LOve:luvu: , I'm so honored to know and have hugged and kissed your beautiful face!!:twirl:

julia46
12-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I have no idea, but I'm glad you do!

Amy Hepker
12-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I guess my life is predestined and this is the direction I was to go.

Missy Anne
12-23-2006, 08:53 PM
I used to wonder the same thing but now I just do it because I LOVE to do it!

Missy Anne

trannie T
12-23-2006, 08:55 PM
I dress in women's clothing because I am a crossdresser.
I am a crossdresser because I dress in women's clothing.

I have absolutely no idea about why I enjoy wearing a dress.
I have absolutely no idea about why I enjoy chocolate.
I have absolutely no idea about why I hate cucumbers.

There are a lot of things in life that I realize I am not going to change so I'm happy being what I am.

marie354
12-23-2006, 08:59 PM
We are just peacocks who want to be admired and show ourselves off to the world..............

Penhens on the other hand are drab.

:lol2:

That's it! The male peacocks are one of the most colorful creatures on the face of the earth!

I think that that is the case with many species, except humans.
:tongueout