PDA

View Full Version : The Government Thinks I'm a Female....

Karren H
12-18-2006, 07:12 PM
No kidding!! My wife handed me an envelope from my company's HR department and it goes on to detail that there is a discrepency between their records and that of the Social Security Administration's records....In the catagory of Sex.....The SSA as me listed as being a female!! Wonder if they know something I don't know?? Or maybe my mother registered me as a female when she signed me up as an infant!

I don't know but I wonder what are the implications if I just leave it as is? Anyone have a simular problem or know what the ramafications would be?

Love Karren

veronicaM
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow, Now if you could get the drivers license to match.
<HE he he>

Cindy1512
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Not sure what would happen in the US if you were to leave it, but here in the UK you would get your pension 5 years earlier!!

Karen Hutton your stories are superb!!:happy:

ArleneRaquel
12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Aren't you a female ? You certainly look more ladylike than about 98 % of the GG. :love: Maureen

AnnaMaria
12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Karen,

I have never heard of something like that happening but, knowing what I know about the government I would have to think that it would probably be best if you cleared up the situation as soon as you can simply because they might start to cause you problems in other areas as well. More than likely it was simply a type-o at the time that your info was entered into the computer. But, then again maybe your mom knew something that you didn't realize she knew about you at that age. Check your birth certificate to see what it says, maybe the doctor messed up, I have met a lot of doctors who are not near as smart as they would like to believe.

Good Luck and let us know how things turn out.

Anna

Amy Hepker
12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
I would leave it since your living as a Female already. Half your battle is over, now for the drivers license.

janedoe311
12-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Pension, SS, life insurance would then not go to your wife.

You had better look into it.

Chiana
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
So what is your point? They say you are a female. And??? You certainly look like a female to me.

veronicaM
12-18-2006, 07:37 PM
You know, just might be worth checking into it.
The thought of maybe being FLAGGED somehow,
comes to mind, because someone suspects ID theft.

bredalee25
12-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Karren I agree with jane you had better get it fixed or the wife will be out in the cold if something were to happen to you. Ya don't want her thinking bad of you after your gone do ya. Just think if they hadn't caught it you'd be a female in the eyes of uncle sam and the wife is left high and dry.

ttfn

Noel Chimes
12-18-2006, 07:41 PM
The government never makes mistakes. Just the people that work there.

Stephanie Stevens
12-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Karren,

This mixup could cause you serious problems down the road. Better to get things straightened out BEFORE you get close to retirement. You know the government, it could take you a long time and lots of effort to clear things up. Even though you dress quite often as a female the government may think you're just someone trying to collect someone else's pension.

Hugs,

Stephanie

vbcdgrl
12-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I'd go to the SS office right away and straighten out the mixup. Presumably, your birth certificate has the correct gender checked off. Take a certified copy along. Believe me, you don't want to be accused of defrauding the government by claiming to be someone you aren't.

Vikki

Calliope
12-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Gee, if you ever want to 'correct' the 'error,' maybe we could work something out - y'know I'll swap one of my 'problems' for this 'problem' of yours.

Trick or treat!

Joy Carter
12-18-2006, 08:25 PM
All good advice Karren. Me on the other hand would play that one up to the hilt. Look out glass ceiling, Joy's gonna break you big time!:gorgeous:

marie354
12-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow that's amazing. Are you just pulling my leg or what? The government doesn't make mistakes, do they?
Maybe you could change all your ID to female.
:love: :hugs: :love:

Kate Simmons
12-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Never know about those chromosomes Karren. Gotta pull down the "genes" to be sure.:kiss: :heehee:

klyde
12-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Maybe they've been following you. cue X-files music.

Bernadina
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Does that mean you can get assistance if you take maternity leave?

Bernadina
12-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Pension, SS, life insurance would then not go to your wife.

You had better look into it.

It would in Canada. Same sex couples have full rights.

MJ
12-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Wow,
Now if you could get the drivers license to match.<HE he he>

well a canadian point of view. after my legal name change i went and change over my sin card , heath card ,
my drivers licence !!! you can get a " F " for female in the gender tag ..
all you need is a letter from your doctor and they will change it for you.
the problem is i now have to prove to the government that i am liveing as a woman ?
you should get this sorted out as you may run in to problems later

Glenda58
12-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Only you Karren would that happen to. You better start using the womens restroom now or you could get in trouble.hehehe:heehee:

Paula Thomas
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Karen - I told you that you should not fill in the "Sex" box with an "F", just because you thought it meant "Frequently"! :D

ColleenCD
12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Glenda is exactly right, only you Karren. It probably got switched at one of those roadside rest areas. Hey check with the lady Park Ranger and see if she has a FtM SSN.:D Seriously, You should get thet repaired ASAP. But I bet your wife had some thoughts!

Colleen

Breanne
12-18-2006, 10:36 PM
The government never makes mistakes. Just the people that work there.

Sigh! But the people that work there would never admit to making mistake.

Kendra Irene
12-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Funny that this wasn't noticed before. Better be more careful at those rest stops. Obviously "Big Brother" has been watching, :devil: and has brought your records to date. Did they change the first name too?:D

:love: Kendra

joanlynn28
12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Gosh Karren, I wish I had that problem it would save my $700 that I am going to have to spend to get my name legally changed so I can also get my SSN changed. Now regarding jury duty, I am still legally John but my license says Joan. Here in California now people get summons to jury duty by the DMV records and not the voter registration records. So my question is who is going to get called to jury duty Joan or John?

Karren H
12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
My wife just told me that I got the same notice last year.....guess my mind is slipping but for some reason the irony of their mistake really hit me this evening... lol Predestinity???

But I guess I better check it out and although I doubt that there will be any Social Security left when I retire in 5 years, 4 months and 16 days......13 hours....12 minutes and a few seconds from now....(haven't included it in my retirement plans)

You never know though...may be enough to buy a few dresses

:D

Love Karren

Rachel Morley
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
My drivers license has my boy name and my boy pic but it has a letter "F" under the part that says what my sex is. I swear to God I'm telling you the absolute truth here, it's just a mistake that I have never gotten changed for obvious reasons :D

I (fairly often) get security people look twice at the license and then at me, especially if I'm dressed quite girly. If I'm fully en femme and I'm entering a nightclub it's even worse as the door security always says something :D

Niya W
12-18-2006, 11:56 PM
No kidding!! My wife handed me an envelope from my company's HR department and it goes on to detail that there is a discrepency between their records and that of the Social Security Administration's records....In the catagory of Sex.....The SSA as me listed as being a female!! Wonder if they know something I don't know?? Or maybe my mother registered me as a female when she signed me up as an infant!

I don't know but I wonder what are the implications if I just leave it as is? Anyone have a simular problem or know what the ramafications would be?

Love Karren

getting a passport will be bit troble some

Robin Leigh
12-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Karen - I told you that you should not fill in the "Sex" box with an "F", just because you thought it meant "Frequently"! :D

Are we talking about the same Karren? She has the sex-life of a monk, IIRC. :D

Robin

Karren H
12-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Wow that's amazing. Are you just pulling my leg or what? The government doesn't make mistakes, do they?
Maybe you could change all your ID to female.
:love: :hugs: :love:

Seriously.... Probably be quicker and cheaper to get SRS than to get the government to correct their error... lol

getting a passport will be bit troble some

Have one and it says Male....I think...lol

Are we talking about the same Karren? She has the sex-life of a monk, IIRC. :D

Robin

Hey....bet some monks have very active sex lives if you believe the tabloids....hehehe And i've had sex....just can't remember when... got a couple kids to prove it...I think their my kids? :D

Karren

Karren H
12-19-2006, 08:09 AM
But keep in mind not to dress that day.

Funny and I was just wondering if the SSA office had a unisex restroom that I could use....hehehe

Love Karren

Emily Ann Brown
12-19-2006, 08:18 AM
The irony Karren is that Dad always said I had a sister that Mom didn't know about (giggle giggle).

Seriously, you didn't know about it but Dad's first name was spelled Lewis, not Louis, on his birth certificate and Mom had a heck of a time getting that one straight since all his records were in the later name. And as it turned out I am NOT named for my father :hypnotized: .

Emily Ann

Melinda Lou
12-19-2006, 09:23 AM
"Why do you crossdress?" "Because the government says I'm female--I figured they know what's best, so..."

I would get it taken care of. My wife's DOB was a year off with the SSA; they had her a year younger--meaning that she would have been unable to collect benefits when she retired without waiting a year (or going through some paperwork headaches). It wasn't caught until we filed our taxes electronically and the IRS flagged the discrepancy.

In my case, the state DMV listed me as female when I changed my license over from a previous state of residence--I didn't even notice for about a week. I did get that changed.

Emily Ann Brown
12-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Okay sis, get this fixed "Karren" style......dress and then go to the SSA offices and complain to get your sex changed to MALE......giggle giggle.
I dare you hun....

Emily Ann

Ellisia_Lynch
12-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I had something similar happen - at the age of 16 I received a notice from my doctor requesting I go for my first Pap smear. I nearly went just to see if they could figure out exactly how they were going to do it!

michelleliz
12-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I only wish I had your Problem

Michelle liz

Sam-antha
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Michelleliz says the problem is popular... judging from the speed at which this thread has grown, I tend to agree.

Kimberley
12-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Geesh, have to wonder how they deal with that marriage.... does this make it trigonometry?

Melinda G
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Remember that plain black car parked outside your house last week?

Michellebej
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Karen,

My ex-wife was born with a unisex name; Robin. Apparently because it is RobIn instead of RobYn the clerk or whoever checked male on the birth cert. Now; this never stopped us from getting married or mattered when we had kids. Though; I now have to wonder why it never mattered when we got married.

She has never suffered from it. Though when we got divorced I was told I might be not even have to get divorced since she is legally a male.

I would check with SS. I would be interested in thier reply. I know that my ex was told that she would have to have two witnesses who were present at her birth fill out an affidavit to have her Birth Cert changed. It wasn't just going to a Dr and having him say, yep, your a girl. Cause, you have no proof that the person before you is the person that is on the birth cert. The people who certify the problem have to have personal knowledge of your birth and have had contact with you over the years so that they would know if you were one and the same person as the baby that was born.

LOl, does that make sense?

Love

Michelle

Kenix
12-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Once a while the government does something right... :D

Seriously, would there be problems down the road?

Sierra Evon
12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I just wish I could get my, drivers licence to say female , I did check the female box on my last years taxes , but I'm sure the goverment does'nt acknowlege me as Sierra Evon, "yet!!!!!!",