PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping Androgenously Enfemme

jjjjohanne
12-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Today, I put on a blouse, ladies shorts, nude hose, and fake keds because I wanted to go Christmas shopping. First I needed to stop by the Apt Complex office. I was quite nervous about this. I hadn't been there dressed this way in a long time. The girl I used to talk to there has been gone and I didn't feel like going to the office this way with the other people since her. Well, this time, I was going to do it. So I walk over there. I felt pretty confident on my journey. At the door, I was hesitant. I walk in. Instead of the new girl, there was a guy. He immediately looked at my feet or lower legs. I handed him my rent and said I was there for a package. He took me to the package pile and I started rifling through it. He walked away. Then he walked to a place where he could potentially see me. I didn't know if he really needed to go there, or if he wanted a look. Then behind me I heard something. The apartment manager was in their kitchenette. I went about my business. Then I took my package, walked to the guy and introduced myself and the manager (a woman) reintroduced herself to me. She was new as well. I spoke with her briefly and he was free to take any looks that he wanted to take. No one seemed to treat me oddly. They know my name and where I live, so I am potentially more out than I used to be!

Then I went shopping. I went to a shoe store, for me, and then a clothing store. Then I walked down the strip mall to a restaurant. On my way to the restaurant, two women were outside of a jewelry store. The younger took a look at me and then looked straight to my feet/ankles. I thought, I am not subtle at all! Maybe I chose the wrong outfit! I walked by them. I looked toward their store as I passed so I could see their reflections in the glass. The girl was looking at me. She said, "Why don't you come inside?" So I did. She never paid any further attention to my lower half. I left there and went to the restaurant. The waitress took an immediate look at my feet/ankles and then treated me normal afterward. No further looks. I walked to the rest room and passed two hispanic customers. They both looked straight to my legs. I was sure I was wearing too obvious of hose. (Leggs Active Support Nude.)

After I left the restaurant, I went to Target. I shopped there for over an hour. I didn't notice anyone pay any specific attention to me. It was great to be free and out dressed how I wanted to be dressed!

Then, I went back to the jewelry store. I looked around some more with the girl helping me. Eventually, I asked her, "I noticed you looking at my outfit when you first saw me. Do I look tacky?" She said that she was just surprised to see me in shorts (65 degree weather today). I asked, did my shoes look funny? and she that she saw my legs and just thought I didn't have much of a tan. I thought, "does she mean she thought I didn't have a tan, so I wore hose?" Well, it turns out, I spoke with her a little more and discovered that she never noticed the hose. She never said that she noticed I had shaved legs. I think she saw something that didn't look exactly right, but never studied it to figure it out... We are more invisible than we think, ladies and gentlemen!!

All in all, I had a WONDERFUL shopping experience. Oh, and I bought my wife some earrings.

Joe

uknowhoo
12-18-2006, 11:15 PM
WOW! Good for you Joe! That took some guts going into the apt office, then continuing on your day - more guts than I have, I'd say. I'm so glad you had such a pleasant experience. :hugs: Tammi

nancy58
12-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Those of you who go out and attempt to pass are definitely quite normal looking. A few months ago, I met with a girl from a local transgender group -- the required interview so they can make sure I am not a threat to their members -- and while I was a little nervous about being seen, even in drab, in the company of a crossdresser, I'll swear that if I had met her on the street without knowing about her gender, I would never have guessed it.

In early November, my family and I took an airline trip to Florida, and my wife and I were separated because of the way the airline did its seating assignments. I ended up sitting right next to a very tall woman with somewhat angular features. I quickly guessed she might be transgendered, either a crossdresser or a surgically altered person, but I couldn't be sure. Her voice was perfectly feminine -- maybe a little too high for someone her size. Eventually I was able to look at her neck and see that she had an Adam's apple, but that and her size were the only clues. It is very difficult to get a good look at that region of someone without seeming to stare. Anyway, after we left the airport, I told my wife about this, and she had never noticed.

One thing I have learned is that men are always checking women out, and women are, too. This means that when one is en femme, the additional attention can be nerve wracking. If one is attractive, there will be even more looking. And it sounds to me like you have good looking legs!

Nancy

Rachel Morley
12-19-2006, 12:18 AM
Hi Joe.

I also like to dress in what you describe as " Androgenously Enfemme" although I personally never wear hose and shorts, but I do wear (what I consider to be) fairly obvious women's clothes as a guy. It still surprises me just how many people don't seem to notice, I do love it though because I still get to feel femme but I don't have the chore of taking two hours to get ready before I leave the house. I still go out en femme (of course) but not as often as you might think.

Anyway, well done, I'm proud of you, and the jewelery sales assistant sounds like and absolutely lovely person for helping you out and answering your questions honestly. :happy:

Marla S
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Good for you.

The "Androgenously Enfemme"-style works for me too (almost my every day style). Feels (IS) natural, big fun, and low stress. I'd recommend it.:D

Katrina
12-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Joe, sounds like you had a good time. I'm sure it was the fact that you had shorts on that people were looking at. Even with the nice weather we've been having around here, its still strange to see someone wearing shorts.

Angel, you hit the nail on the head. I have been trying to rack my brain as to why I haven't been going out or even getting dolled up with my new wig much lately. I've been too lazy! Its too much effort to do all that when all I need is to put on a pretty shirt or a pair of cute shoes.

Kelsy
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Good for you Joe!

Went on an Androgenous outing last friday and had a great time!! Started at Macy's and was there early before the doors were open. I was mostly in drab except for my underthings and a layering tee, mascara and lipstick. I went to return some athletic stretch pants. The manager wecomed everyone at the door. I went in and was looking around and he said to me can I help you. I said yes I want to make a return. He said what is it you're returning and I said some clothing. He said can I see what you have, I'll send you to the mens department. I said they're women's!! Oh well let's go to the women's department.
I made my exchange and continued to CVS. I brought a list and
went directly to the make up area. lipstick, mascara, nail polish and pantyhose. the check out girl asked me if I found every thing and I said yes
you could get lost looking at all that stuff. She said she had two boys and it was sure easier than having to buy girl things. I'm sur she thought I was buying for someone else.
Off to Marshalls and found a beautiful purple shirt and a fuzzy hoodie!
great experience! wished the cashier a merry Cristmas and went on my way.
As I was walking in the mall a sales girl nabbed me and offered nail products! She said I looked like the kind of guy that took care of my nails!!
She demonstrated a nail system that polishes your nails without polish. she did my thumb nail to show me. I said what about my other nails so she did both hands!!
I left the mall and visited a nearby Goodwill store. I almost chickened out but gained the courage to go in. I used the Karren method of owning the place and went straight to the womens section. I thumbed through the jeans are and found a great pair of jeans size 9. Luv em!! A sweater vest, a 3/4 sleave shirt, black stretch vest and a pair of jamy bottoms. Standing at the counter a bearded guy and his girl comented on hoe nice my sweater was, I said yeah it's nice. they watched as I checked out and wished me a merry Christmas.
Final stop Playless to pick up some shoes I had ordered. stoped at the store and asked for my order. The SA said lets make sure you got what you ordered and opened the boxes. OH these are cute she said we don't have these in this store.. Yep size 12 Hope you like them !!

Great shopping experience

Jennifer:D

jjjjohanne
12-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Nancy58,
Shoot yeah, I have great legs! :-)

Katrina,
The weather on Monday was very mild. It was a great day to be off of work, wearing shorts, and out and about. Take the day off and do your shopping, and you won't have to wait in line!!

Jennifer,
Those girls that work that booth that do the fingernail routine are pushy! I have been stopped by them on a few occasions. The stand there and make love to your hand and give you these heavy compliments. I have had them push other products like that too. One time I did it while wearing a similar outfit to what I had on this week. The girl never noticed. I was rather stressed out standing there in the middle of the mall with -I don't know who- walking by and looking at me. The other girl at the booth noticed what I was wearing. When I walked away, I looked back and I could see them standing close to each other, both staring.

Joe