PDA

View Full Version : Hair Salon friendly to CDs

tabitha_az
12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
i would love to find a hair salon in Phoenix who was friendly or caters to the CD/Tg community. i have fantisized about a salon that sort had that 50's feminine look. Lots of pink, lots of lace, lacey capes, etc. i would love to be able to get my hair and nails done all femmed out. Perhaps a perm or color. If you know of one in Phoenix, AZ tell me :o :p. Anyone ever gone into a salon all femme?

Stephenie S
12-19-2006, 01:42 AM
Dear Tabitha,

I find it hard to imagine that ANY hair salon would object to your business just on the basis of your birth sex. These places are in business to make money. If you have some, they want it. If you doubt this, give them a call and ask.

You are right about one thing, sweetie. It's a LOT of fun. A bit expensive, though. This isn't like getting a haircut. If you want the whole treatment, you are gonna pay. I have been to my wife's hairdresser twice, and I have got to find someone less expensive.

If you want to go to a beauty parlor, GO. You are going to have to call first to make an appointment anyway, so you can ask when you call if they will have a problem accepting your money.

I told the hairdresser that I was exploring my feminine side and that I wanted a style that would do double duty. "No problem", he said. As I said above, it was a lot of fun. Go for it!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Darlene Rochelle
12-19-2006, 05:12 AM
I go to a cosmetology school for my haircuts and eyebrow waxings. Before going out of town in Oct I also had a pedicure and had my toenails polished purple. The students are ALL very friendly,and best of all it is 1/2 the price of a regular salon. Check it out!

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2006, 10:35 AM
I have not found a salon that would not do what you asked them to do. I go in drab and get a manicue with clear polish, pedicure with usually a shade of red polish on my toes, and my eyebrows wax.

Carlacd
12-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't know the names of the stores, but if you look up Lacey Leigh on the web. Or maybe someone from here know the web site. She lists Stores, salons, eating, clothing cd friendly places. As she lives in the Phoenix area.