PDA

View Full Version : The reason I don't want to come out to my family

Shannon CD
12-18-2006, 09:42 PM
It just hit me that I've never shared this thought. I am the oldest of 7 siblings. The others? ALL GIRLS!!! My poor dad always wanted a son. The reason he had so many kids was that he was trying for a son with his 3rd wife, my step mother. He must have wanted to raise a son, since he didn't raise me...:p .

I guess I just don't want to tell him that he really has 6 daughters, that would give him a heart attack. And since he doesn't have an estate to leave behind....well, you get the idea.

Mary Morgan
12-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Shannon, there are alot of reason not to come out to your family. There are also alot of reasons why we should. Imagine a day when this is so usual that it is not an issue. We should all live so long. Louise

cdeeko
12-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I am all ready struggling with being able to tell my S.O. about C. Dee in 2007.

But I know I can never tell my family. They are very religious and my dad is almost homophobic. And not the type of person who can understand not all Crossdressers are gay. Not that it should matter. But to my so middle american nascar watching dad it would. Nothing against Nascar I like it a little too.:heehee:

my parents can barely tolerate my Nuclear red (almost orange) dyed hair as In posted elsewhere. Being this "abnormal"(how they would see it unfortunately) would probably end all family relations.:(

SO I understand the dilemna. And feel for you:hugs:

janet p
12-18-2006, 10:19 PM
I agree that if I came out to my mother(85) she might have a heart attack.But you need to go back to math class if you are oldest of 7 then that would mean 7 daughters:heehee: :tongueout :hugs: :love:

Shannon CD
12-18-2006, 10:22 PM
I agree that if I came out to my mother(85) she might have a heart attack.But you need to go back to math class if you are oldest of 7 then that would mean 7 daughters:heehee: :tongueout :hugs: :love:

You're right. And I thought my hi skool lerned me goodly math.

cdeeko
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
You're right. And I thought my hi skool lerned me goodly math.

Do not worry I majored in english and cannot type or spell at all. Thank "god?" for spell check or on here the edit button.:rolleyes: