PDA

View Full Version : I must be doing something right...

sandra-leigh
12-19-2006, 01:17 AM
I must be doing something right: a short time after I got into a taxi this evening, the driver remarked that he had thought that it was a woman approaching (but it was me.)

Now, it is true that I was wearing a denim jumpsuit at the time, but with the -21 C windchill (-6 F), the jumpsuit was nearly completely covered with my heavy male coat.

I did get my hair cut last week into what sort of looks like a "bob", but I had a wool cap firmly over my head.

My (post-and-screw) clip-on earring was completely covered by my hair.

My purple leggings were in my pocket.

The not-particularily-big bulge of my breastforms was completely hidden under my heavy coat; the bra was hidden by the jumpsuit.

My shoes were big clunky rubber ones, not even slightly feminine.

My woman's watch was well hidden under my big male ski gloves.

My trouser-socks would matched the dark too closely to have been visible.

My panties were not even close to escaping.

The only visible femme thing I had was a white-and-roses women's scarf.

I wasn't even moving like a woman -- I was talking big strides to get out of the cold quickly.

It would seem, then, that I've just discovered that a simple scarf is better at generating the illusion than hours in front of the makeup mirror has ever been ;-)

Either that or my knowledge that I was wearing all those feminine things translated into something womanly. An anthropomorphic field, as Terry Pratchet might say :D

Incidently, at the club I had just been at for an hour, no-one seemed to care or much notice that I was wearing a denim jumpsuit. One woman probably noticed something, but I didn't see the "Crossdresser!" lights blink on behind her eyes.

Calliope
12-19-2006, 01:41 AM
Hey, it's obvious you're livin' right.

And don't it feel good?

Kate Simmons
12-19-2006, 03:17 AM
Sounds pretty good Tess. Ever notice that sometimes no one will "scream" crossdresser unless we telegraph that message first? Kind of nice when you can be relaxed and not on edge. If we act "natural" most people will assume we are. Most people don't have their "CDar" on unless something tips them off first.:happy: Ericka

Karren H
12-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Neat.....sounds like the perfect outfit... for you....denim makes my skin crawl...lol

Karren

sandra-leigh
12-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Neat.....sounds like the perfect outfit... for you....denim makes my skin crawl...lol

Must have made it difficult to put on those jeans that your wife thought were cute ;-)

So if Karren is alergic to denim, and whats-his-name is not, then do you sometimes figure out who you are at the moment according to how you react to denim at the time? :D