PDA

View Full Version : anybody in Minneapolis....

NatalieBliss
12-19-2006, 05:15 AM
ever been to "Hair By Morgan" they have a $200 make-over with lesson deal that I am seriously considering splurging on for my birthday next month... Any thoughts on this place or another one similar and close to (50 miles or less) the Twin Cities would be awesome!

Thanks!

Janelle Marshall
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
I have not been to a salon for this type of service but this seems a bit expensive to me. That being said, what all is included? Are there makeup products you keep, or is this an application session only? On the positive side, if you are the shy type this may offer some more privacy. Most cosmetic counters at stores like Macys offer this type of service for free with the expectation that you purchase some product as the makeup artist is on commission. I have done this and been treated very well. Also try Ulta Salon and Cosmetics, there is one by Rosedale. They will do makeup sessions by appointment for a fee and have a very large selection of products. I have not done the session with them but have purchased from them both dressed and endrab. I have been treated well each time. The SAs are usually 20 something ladies and don't "bat an eyelash" at helping me. Good luck. Let us know what you do and have fun!
Janelle

NatalieBliss
12-20-2006, 12:25 AM
It is a 2 hour make-over with lesson. It is a bit expensive, but as you mentioned the privacy issue and the fact that Morgan is a transexual. I have thought about Macy's or other similar places but again it comes down to comfort level.

Debb
12-20-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm in Minneapolis and had been wondering about the same kind of thing. I'm glad I read this thread, looks like I'll be looking into "Hair by Morgan" in a few weeks.

Sorry, I don't have anything else to add to the thread.