PDA

View Full Version : My Mall Shopping

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2006, 11:05 AM
We seem to have forgotton someone on our christmas list, so wife sent me to the mall to fine a present for this person. As I was walking by Victoria Secrets, I was forced into the store by the VS magnet. LOL Anyway, I am browsing away when a SA comes up and asked "Do you need any help". I answered "I'm just browsing". She then says "looking for someone else or yourself". I looked at her and blinked becuase I was a little shocked at her statement. Then I just gave her a big smile. her eyes got a little wider and she said "Ahh OK, lets see what we can find". As she turn away and we started looking, she adds "BTW sweetie what's your size". I answered "sometimes 12 somtimes 14". We looked at various items, but did not see anything that really jumped out and said "BUY ME......". So I thanked her and she said "Next time you here ask for Angie". I said "OK Angie, I will do that". WOW what great surprise that was.

Kate Simmons
12-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Nice to find a nice SA. Makes your day sometimes.:happy: Ericka

Karren H
12-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Cool....tell Angie that I'll be right down...lol

Karren

ColleenCD
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Joann,

Please fill out that VS employee of the year comment card for the SA that gets it. Her name is ANGIE! :love:

Colleen

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Colleen.......Thank you for reminding me of that. I'll do that ASAP.

StacyCD
12-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Most of the stuff at Victoria's Secret, although very nice, is more expensive than the brands I usually buy. However, if I had the experience with 'Angie' that you had, I'm sure that I would have an Angel card and be a regular!

Lisa Marie
12-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I love Victoria's Secret especially their hosiery and perfume's. Glad you had a great experience there. Wish the sa's would ask me if they could help me with something for myself!

Di
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Very cool......sorry you didn't find anything...might be picked over a bit now....there is always Valentines Day:D

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2006, 03:31 PM
It did shock me for sec. Not used to a SA asking if I was shopping for myself, then what my size was, and some other questions to help narrow down what I may be looking for. She made some nice comments about different items. One item I did look at, she looked at me and said "Are you sure?" I looked at her and then looked at the item closer and reliazed that she was right. It would have looked horrible on me. LOL She had great taste in their items. It did not phase her at all that I was a CD. Guess she has other CD customers.

Di GG......your so right about picked over. I was looking at some bras and Angie said "You'r a 38 or 40C?" I said "38C". She then said "That is a popular size, you may have to wait until our next shipment". She was right, what they had in a 38C was slim and did not see any that I liked.

I have to be careful using my Angel Card, since wife does the books and would notice if I used it without her knowing who I buying for. Last time I used it was when I took my grandneice shopping. She even got a FREE pair of panties out of the deal. :cry:

Colleen......mission accomplished........I hope it makes her day.......

Shadeauxmarie
12-19-2006, 03:39 PM
What a consumate professional! Her relating to a customer's needs no matter who the customer is buying for is a mark of a professional sales associate. She reminds me of the type of SA you run across in Nordstrom's

susie evans
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
i was driveing down the freeway this morning and decieded to stop at target and treat myself to a new bra whent in and was brousing the sa walks up from behind and sugest a diffrent color and was very help full i wound up buying 2bras and three pair of panties it's nice to have good S A's

Emily Ann Brown
12-19-2006, 04:43 PM
JoAnn hun,

Is this the little girl I met 16 months ago that couldn't leave the house dressed? ( giggle giggle) ?????

Couldn't happen to a nicer sister hun.....ask Angie the next time to talk to the Greensboro store sales associates and pick me a good one.

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Emily Ann Brown...........IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT.........you kept pushing me and I finially broke down and started going out in the daylight and like a moth to a candle, I kept going out for more. :D :love: Has it really been 16 months?? :eek:

I don't have a problem shopping in the women's area of a store in drab. Most SA's think you shopping for the wife or GF. But this was the first time, I have been asked if I was shopping for myself and was shopping for myself. It did feel werid at first, but Angie was so great. It was like I was just another GG customer and that is how she treated me. It did amaze me how close she was able to pick out my measurements by just looking at me.

Alicecd
12-29-2006, 09:49 PM
That must have been a great experience. I have only been asked once if the item was for me and what my size was but I chickened out and said I was just looking. I wish I had it to do over. I missed my chance. Which VS was it. I am looking for a place here to get some nice new girly things.

Alice

CDTiffany
12-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Thats a straight up fantasy!!! I do not have the "you know whats to do that.
Good for you. You go Girl!!!!
XOXO Tiffany