PDA

View Full Version : Going to Indianapolis

TxKimberly
12-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Indianapolis the nights of 20 and 21 Dec and was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace TG friendly to go out for either dinner or drinks?

Thanks all
Kim

tekla west
12-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Going to Indianapolis, and in December at that? I'm sorry.

I have friends from there who refer to it as Indianowhere, and local boy Kurt Vonnagut once said of a year in his hometown, "There are 364 days, there is a race, then there are 364 more days." This coming from a guy who also said "If you really want to disappoint your parents, and don't have the heart to be gay, go into the arts."

However my friend also assured me that Indianapolis is like overun with drag queens, and sugguested you check out Gregs.

(231 E 16th St. Indianapolis ---317-638-8138)

No word back from him yet as to how he knew that so fast. Hummm......

pantyhose46202
12-19-2006, 02:43 PM
I happen to be born and raised here in Indy and love it. There are lots of places to go out here. Check out Talbot street and several other places along Massacheusetts Avenue.

Jamie

laura47
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Try this site

http://hometown.aol.com/ixe/fish/local.html

Try The Vouge and Talbot Street

Tree GG
12-19-2006, 03:44 PM
:Pfft: Obviously your friend should move.

Indy is really a great, laid back city that is very safe. The downtown area is just beautiful this time of year and the weather's been unseasonably warm.

Besides what's been recommended, the zoo has a great light show, Circle Center Mall is nice and the monument lights are festive. Besides the big race, there's a marathon, several bikes rides, tons of NCAA, NFL, NBA, USTA, and DCI activities throughout the year - just to name a few. If you like to shop, there's an outlet mall south on I65 that is great - excellent quality & pricing. It'll take 2 days just to do that.

ShannonDragon
12-19-2006, 04:57 PM
Tis my hometown! Indiananoplace :mad: was years ago.

English Ivy's, 944 N Alabama St is another place to eat. You also have the Mall downtown. If you want Ritzie, try the Fashion Mall on 86th just east of Keystone. Can you say Tiffany's??

Actually there are 3 races now, The 500, The Brickyard 400 (NASCAR) and the US Formula 1. At the Zoo you also have White River Gardens. A really great Museum of Art as well as the Indianapolis Symphony at the Circle Theater.

The local Gender group is IXE. They meet the 4th Saturday of the month. Next meeting is January.:love:

:tongueout

TxKimberly
12-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Indianapolis the nights of 20 and 21 Dec and was wondering if anyone knew of anyplace TG friendly to go out for either dinner or drinks?

Thanks all
Kim
Awesome! Thanks so much for the info and the advice girls! I don't suppose any of you that replied intend to be out on a week night? :-)
(I hate sitting there by myself)

Kim

TxKimberly
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Going to Indianapolis, and in December at that? I'm sorry.

I have friends from there who refer to it as Indianowhere, and local boy Kurt Vonnagut once said of a year in his hometown, "There are 364 days, there is a race, then there are 364 more days." This coming from a guy who also said "If you really want to disappoint your parents, and don't have the heart to be gay, go into the arts."

However my friend also assured me that Indianapolis is like overun with drag queens, and sugguested you check out Gregs.

(231 E 16th St. Indianapolis ---317-638-8138)

No word back from him yet as to how he knew that so fast. Hummm......
Looked up that address on the internet and it says it is called "Our Place". Wonder if it is the same place your friend meant?

Kim

insearchofme
12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Tekla

I was upset when I read your reply about my home town, since you're from the West Coast and obviously know nothing about Indy. It's a good rule of thumb not to knock anything you don't have first hand knowledge of. I'm glad other girls came to Indy's defense (see TreeGG).

Using Kurt Vonnagut as a reference for Indianapolis is a mistake since when he lived here it was called "Nap Town" and it lived up to it's name.

TxKimberly, I wish I was going to be out and about those night but I've other commitments (plus my wife would be very jealous), I'd love to show you around. On the other hand I'm going to be in San Antonio in early January too bad you're not closer.

Hugs,

TxKimberly
12-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Tis my hometown! Indiananoplace :mad: was years ago.

English Ivy's, 944 N Alabama St is another place to eat. You also have the Mall downtown. If you want Ritzie, try the Fashion Mall on 86th just east of Keystone. Can you say Tiffany's??

Actually there are 3 races now, The 500, The Brickyard 400 (NASCAR) and the US Formula 1. At the Zoo you also have White River Gardens. A really great Museum of Art as well as the Indianapolis Symphony at the Circle Theater.

The local Gender group is IXE. They meet the 4th Saturday of the month. Next meeting is January.:love:

:tongueout
Wow - I've looked up English Ivy's on the web and it was also recommended to me from a TG group I am part of. The place sounds NEAT and I can't wait!

Thanks!
Kim

Andrea Nicole
12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Kim,
I have been to Indi several times. It's TG friendly, even in the "straight" establishments. You might want to call any specific place regarding their resroom policy, etc.
And never, rely on any info from the left coast. They don't call it la-la land for nothin'.
Have a great time..
Huggs,
Andi...

tekla west
12-19-2006, 08:44 PM
In fact I'm a farm boy (or girl) from rural Iowa. Most of my family is from Cincin, Ohio. So I know a bit about the midwest.

Glenda58
12-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi Kim
A little to far south or I would have met you for drinks again. Have fun:hugs:

TxKimberly
12-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Kim,
I have been to Indi several times. It's TG friendly, even in the "straight" establishments. You might want to call any specific place regarding their resroom policy, etc.
And never, rely on any info from the left coast. They don't call it la-la land for nothin'.
Have a great time..
Huggs,
Andi...
ROFL

I 'spose I should mention I am originaly from the left coast too. So far out in the sticks of S. Calif desert that they had to truck in the tumble weeds. Itty bitty town called Apple Valley. Been over 20 years since I lived there and I still miss it. Go figure . . .

Kim

TxKimberly
12-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Hi Kim
A little to far south or I would have met you for drinks again. Have fun:hugs:
And I'd have loved to have seen you again! You inspired me - now lets see how long the courage lasts on my own! <G>

Kim the coward