PDA

View Full Version : I'm the Rhoda and she's the Mary....

Maggie Kay
12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Yesterday, my wife and I were leaving the Post Office each carrying a couple of packages. We walked down a short sidewalk bordered on both sides by a low shrub row. This usually means that it is hard to meet another person head on so many folks just wait until the path is clear then proceed. There is an awkward time of looking at each other while they are waiting to begin their way. This time, we were in the lane and a older man waiting at the end of the lane says: "Are those packages heavy, girls?" I was first to reach him and smiled at him indicating that they weren't. Obviously, I had "passed" with him. I was dressed fairly drab with men's khaki slacks, men's button sport shirt, a sweater vest (that I knitted) and a big shirt/jacket, cap, pony tail and earrings. I don't wear makeup. I was amused because, I was actually trying to go drab that day. My wife makes no mention of this incident to me. However, it is part of our "let's not talk about it" strategy that we use most of the time. As I get older, looking like a matron is really not that hard. I would much rather look like a matron than an old dude anyway. I'm thinking if my "passing" was enhanced due to the presence of my wife, who the older guy was really looking at more than me. She is very nice looking and compared to her, I'm the Rhoda and she's the Mary....

Kay

Di
12-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Rhoda and Mary....what a team.....how cool is that :D

Diana West
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
It's much better than being Laverne and Shirley!
Or Lucy and Ethel!

Calliope
12-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Or Lucy and Ethel!

God, yes. Lucille Ball wrote it into Vivian Bagley's contract that Bagley had to weigh 10 (or something) pounds more than Ball at all times when filming. Evil, eh?

Peggy55
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
God, yes. Lucille Ball wrote it into Vivian Bagley's contract that Bagley had to weigh 10 (or something) pounds more than Ball at all times when filming. Evil, eh?

Do you mean Vivian Vance?

Peggy

Calliope
12-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Do you mean Vivian Vance?

Peggy

Yes, I do. What's my problem??

Peggy55
12-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Who the heck's Vivian Bagely?????????

Maggie Kay
12-21-2006, 02:05 PM
At my age, I'd be delighted to look like "Ethel" considering that I could look like Fred!

Billie Jean
12-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Rhoda was just as sexy as Mary, but in a different way. They tried to hide it on the show but you just can't hide beauty. Billie Jean

Rachel Morley
12-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Non manly clothes, pony tail and earrings will do it every time! :D