PDA

View Full Version : do clothes lose their appeal?

Tammietoo
12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I was just wondering if your clothes lose their appeal/magic after you wear them a couple of times? I'm finding this to be the case more and more lately. Its not that I don't still like some of my outfits or enjoy wearing them, but there is nothing like the rush of putting some thing on for the first time. After that its nice but it simply isn't the same, and I find myself wanting to buy new things more often just to experience that feeling. I'm afraid my closet can't take it.

tekla west
12-19-2006, 03:17 PM
"I was just wondering if your clothes lose their appeal/magic after you wear them a couple of times"

It would seem sometimes that this is a major difference between men and women.

marie354
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm sure that that happens to everyone. When you get tired of one or two things could be a good excuse to go shopping.
:hugs: :love: :hugs:

Kate Simmons
12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Not for me Hon, not really. I have fun re-inventing the ones I have. Mix and match, accessories, odd combinations, etc. Used to watch "The Nanny" a lot. Sometimes you never realize what you have unless you use your imagination.Keeps people guessing anyway and I never look the same way twice. :happy: Ericka

Lisa Golightly
12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
My battered, baggy, tatty cardigans are my most treasured items... My comforters as it were :)

Emily Ann Brown
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
The excitement of trying something on the FIRST time always diminishes but my favorite items are always old friends.

Emily Ann

carla smith
12-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Seems to be true for me. The anticipation of something new to wear always overshadows the nice things that I have. When my mood changes, I look at the new item and think "what possessed me to buy that"?

I have several things that I always go back to when the mood to be a cheerleader diminishes....:heehee:

Have fun out there!

Glenda58
12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
They use to till I started shopping femme. Now I just go try on some things for the rush and not buy anything unless it's really cute on. That way my closet doesn't get any fuller.

Karren H
12-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Definately!! But then there are some I could wear forever.... But generally I give away a few boxes of clothes that I tire of a year and that gives me room for more newer things. :)

And I think its like I want one of everything....but I know I don't have room....so I figure that if I get rid of the old ones and get new ones ill eventually get to wear it all!!! All mine!!! HAHAHA!!! Mine mine..... Too much chocolate cake today...I need a nap!! Hehe

Karren

Jill
12-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, I can relate. And that is why I traffic my clothes. I buy and sell all the time and sell off the things I'm bored with so I can make room for the new stuff. The exception being a few personal favorite items that are still fun to wear and also practical.

Peggy55
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I was just wondering if your clothes lose their appeal/magic after you wear them a couple of times? I'm finding this to be the case more and more lately. Its not that I don't still like some of my outfits or enjoy wearing them, but there is nothing like the rush of putting some thing on for the first time. After that its nice but it simply isn't the same, and I find myself wanting to buy new things more often just to experience that feeling. I'm afraid my closet can't take it.

I am with you on this. I like my clothes but I am thrilled by either getting something in the mail or when I go to the thrift store (which is about 3 times a week! ) I rush in and can't wait to try the stuff on and mix and match it with other lingere I have. I am getting WAY too much stuff!

Peggy

Bethanygirl
12-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Sometimes yes, sometimes no, I have outfits that have been favorites for years, and some I tire of quickly. I too go shopping and just try on clothes to feel the rush, buying is optional... :happy:

finacarina
12-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I get tired of my clothes quickly. Sometimes I want to dress an entirely different way and there is nothing like going shopping for new outfits, I am definitely a shopaholic and so yes my clothes lose there appeal frequently. Once in a while though I might dig deep in the closet to bring something back, but alway with a different accessory of some sort to give it a different look.

Calliope
12-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Are you getting an erotic kick out of dressing? That would explain the 'rush' - and the need to replace clothes continually. Like replacing an old Playboy magazine with a new one, maybe.

I like shopping as much as the next T-girl, I would guess, but I have some antipathies towards new outfits. I never really know if I look good until I've worn them all day, so there's a 'trial period' before 'trust' is built.

Eugenie
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
I think that like all women, I love getting new clothes. The moment of choice while shopping is exciting...

Yet, I like to keep my old clothes. They remind me of periods of my life...

Some clothes however tend to make me feel the same way you describe, I wear them a couple of times and then forget about them...

I think it all depends upon what pushed you to buy them in the first place. Some decisions are more thoughtful than other... :heehee:

I wish I could feel like throwing away some of my clothes... My wardrobe is too full...:devil:
:hugs:
Eugenie

EricaCD
12-19-2006, 07:17 PM
That used to very much be the case for me. Now I am finding that I get even happier when I find a skirt, blouse, dress or shoes that becomes an instant "wardrobe essential". Something that fits nicely, looks flattering and co-ordinates well. At this point I am becoming much more about presenting a decently put-together image when out en femme than I am about the novelty of a particular item of clothing.

I guess that's a positive trend? Who knows :)

Erica

Carroll
12-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Not really for me. even though I do look but rarely buy. When I am cold in the house I have a "sweatshirt" style dress I wear all the time. For me I have certain dresses I wear all the time for for certain temperatures. I do swap out some clothes but not....shall I say, Obsessively.

Cindy1512
12-19-2006, 07:52 PM
They don't lose the apeal it is just that we girls just wanna shop !

wendy
12-20-2006, 12:32 PM
i've noticed that about myself too, even though I don't throw away any clothes I've 'lost' interest in, I have noticed that once the 'thrill' of wearing a particular article of clothing passes I just keep it in storage until the feeling comes up again.

Deanna2
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Clothes don't lose their appeal. It is just that there are so many different styles and colours it is hard not to be attracted to new clothes. I said earlier on another thread that each new skirt becomes my favorite. That doesn't stop me from wearing ones that I bought some time ago. In fact one of the interesting things about having a reasonably extensive wardrobe is re-discovering former favorites.

Stacy GG
12-20-2006, 01:12 PM

lol sounds like you need to join shopaholics annonymous :) . I do have to admit when I get some nice new clothes (dressy) I do really enjoy wearing them the first few times. I feel like everyone is looking at me ( In a good way) and I enjoy the attention..after I have had them a while I don't feel they look as great anymore...maybe why I have a closet full of clothes I barely wear . :rolleyes:

Satrana
12-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Sure new clothes will always be exciting but the secret is to mix and match as Ericka mentioned to discover new combinations.

But it sounds to me that your crossdressing is done purely for the rush and that you do not have an emotional attachment to them as actual clothing. This is typical if your crossdressing time is very limited or purely sexual. But if you do have scope for extended wearing then buy normal clothes not fancy stuff and wear them just as actual clothes in the house or even outside. Expand your crossdresssing horizons to more than just the initial rush.

Billijo49504
12-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Sure, somethings loose there thrill. But those go to Good Will. I take them a big bag of clothes and go in and buy a bunch of different things. Oh, well, it helps the charity. But as far as dressing, it just makes me feel calmer in fem things....BJ

Kate Simmons
12-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Just to add to what Satrana said, I used to observe what my wife did a lot. She was my "teacher" for being a "woman" even though she didn't realize it. She, like most real women was frugal and knew just how expensive women's clothes are, especially nice ones. She often took me shopping with her to get a "second opinion" buying new dresses ( no problem there). She would end up getting maybe 5 or 6 and bringing them home. Once home, she did further "eliminations" and took back the ones she really didn't like. I learned from that because she always kept the ones that better suited her and her personality. She was very inventive really and could "recycle" her older stuff with different accessories , etc. She is a beautiful woman and anything looks good on her really. A side note is that she really didn't have a problem dressing "nice" at home every day but her viewpoint was that she wanted to "save" her good stuff for special occassions. One of those "occassions" was sometimes when I would come home from work, she would be dressed to the "nines" for no particular reason. When I asked what was going on she would just say:"I wanted to look nice for you." I'm dense sometimes but not that dense and knew what that meant. Suffice it to say, it always ended up being a good night. Anyway, if you really want to get into the "spirit" of how a real woman acts, this is one way. :happy: Ericka Kay

Penny
12-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Not for me Hon, not really. I have fun re-inventing the ones I have. Mix and match, accessories, odd combinations, etc. Used to watch "The Nanny" a lot. Sometimes you never realize what you have unless you use your imagination.Keeps people guessing anyway and I never look the same way twice. :happy: Ericka
Me too plus different accessories make a difference!

:hugs:

Penny