PDA

View Full Version : I aM a pUnk rOcK "gURL"

cdeeko
12-19-2006, 08:34 PM
And to prove it screw what others think. tomorrow I am going to work buying the womens' jeans and top I saw and liked, if they are still there.
And the hell with what people think.

And if I get a little less punk/brave....I'll just say they are for my S.O.. It is X-mas after all.:heehee:

Rachel Morley
12-19-2006, 08:53 PM
You go girl! At this time of year you can buy anything and you'll get away with it. Having said that, I just got back from the mall where I bought some earrings for my wife. As the woman was boxing them up she looked at me and smiled and said "these are a gift - right?" I said umm yes, then after paid she looked at me in a knowing kinda peculiar way and with a big smile on her face said "I hope she likes them".

Now I could imagining it but if I hadn't of known better I could of swore she read my mind and knew I was a cder. Anyway, I'm sure this won't happen to you, you get those girly jeans and top and be proud :D

tekla west
12-19-2006, 08:54 PM
So how can you tell the punk rock bois from the punk rock gurls? Opps, sorry, that's the hippies.

You go girl. Though not much of a punk myself (a bit old for that, and doing 150+ Grateful Dead shows pretty much cancels out your punk rock ticket) I do love doing the punk shows. They are about the best bunch of people in a large group. I hear more "Please" "Sorry" and "Thank you" in a punk show than at any other show. Goes to show, you don't ever know. Can't judge a book by its cover.

I do like the Clash however and Jello is a friend of mine, does that count?

Kimkandy
12-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Good 4 u go for it :gorgeous: girl... and :balloons: :bw: Merry Xmas shopping.

Kim

:dom: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Glenda58
12-19-2006, 09:43 PM
If you like buy it. Life to short pass it by and miss the chance to live life your way.

Calliope
12-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Wow, whatta blast from the past ! What a refreshing change of pace from all that VS gloss. Remember that first Slits album (the one with 'Typical Girls')? And Your Cassette Pet by Bow Wow Wow? Nina Hagen Band! Insane! Them sure was the days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Nina_Hagen-Aalborg_ubt.jpeg
That's still my favorite hairstyle!

tekla west
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
or this BLAST FROM THE PAST

I might like you better
If we slept together
But there’s somethin
In your eyes that says
Maybe that’s never
Never say never

Of course, considering some of the people I know (here and elsewhere) I just might like you less. (is there a less than nothing?)

Otherwise, there is always this:

So you been to school
For a year or two
And you know youve seen it all
In daddys car
Thinkin youll go far
Back east your type dont crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin that you know
How the n*gg*rs feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

Its time to taste what you most fear
Right guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear

Its a holiday in cambodia
Its tough, kid, but its life
Its a holiday in cambodia
Dont forget to pack a wife

Youre a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well youll work harder
With a gun in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
Till you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son.

Is a holiday in cambodia
Where people dress in black
A holiday in cambodia
Where youll kiss ass or crack

Pol pot, pol pot, pol pot, pol pot, etc.

And its a holiday in cambodia
Where youll do what youre told
A holiday in cambodia
Where the slums got so much soul

Come to think of it, I know a lot of people I would like to send on THAT holiday.

And I'm really fond of the verse

Youre a star-belly sneech
You suck like a leach
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

oops, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to say THAT. That's would be un-american.

Calliope
12-19-2006, 10:27 PM
And let's not forget Patti Smith's 'Gloria'!

Greatest opening couplet in R&R history!

cdeeko
12-20-2006, 09:48 AM
So how can you tell the punk rock bois from the punk rock gurls? Opps, sorry, that's the hippies.

You go girl. Though not much of a punk myself (a bit old for that, and doing 150+ Grateful Dead shows pretty much cancels out your punk rock ticket) I do love doing the punk shows. They are about the best bunch of people in a large group. I hear more "Please" "Sorry" and "Thank you" in a punk show than at any other show. Goes to show, you don't ever know. Can't judge a book by its cover.

I do like the Clash however and Jello is a friend of mine, does that count?

Not only does knowing Jello count it makes me jealous as hell.:heehee: :hugs: :love:

suzi_cd
12-27-2006, 02:58 PM
So did you go get them?

I was given a rather punky outfit at Christmas to wear at a party... it went down very well and I'm going to wear it again with a couple of modifications on New Years eve

suzi

xxx

telawilson
12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Though not much of a punk myself (a bit old for that, and doing 150+ Grateful Dead shows pretty much cancels out your punk rock ticket) I do love doing the punk shows.

Cool! Another Deadhead! I've only been to about 40 or so over 11 years. (And then I discovered Phish...) Work has a way of intruding on what's really important. :happy: I always liked how it was cool when a guy wore a skirt at a show.

Skulls & :love: ,
Tela

cdeeko
12-27-2006, 04:42 PM
So did you go get them?

I was given a rather punky outfit at Christmas to wear at a party... it went down very well and I'm going to wear it again with a couple of modifications on New Years eve

suzi

xxx

Got them all and they all fit. Even wore some of the jeans while out last night.:)

Karren H
12-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Your are non-conforming to the rest of us non-conformers....so if that's a double negative does that mean that your a conformist??? hehehe

Love Karren