PDA

View Full Version : How much makeup

Glenda58
12-19-2006, 10:56 PM
I just got back from grocery shopping and was putting away my new makeup and I couldn't get it in the drawer. Now I one for foundation, creams, blushes and lipsticks and one for eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and eye brow pencils. Plus a drawer with makeup remover and face creams for night time anti-aging. Plus 55 bottles of nail polish and remover with all the cotton balls that go with it. Please tell me I'm not the only one doing this.

Karren H
12-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Ekkkk....55 bottlbe of polish!!....I have 4....lol and a small makeup bag and in total I have 3 times as much makeup as my wife!!! lol Your the makeup queen for sure... hehe Funny too...today I bought a new bottle of Revlon nail polish... and poured the remainder of the old one in it....

Love Karren

Sandygal
12-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Nope, sorry, you're the only one.

Bethanygirl
12-19-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't have very much, but if it is what you like, go for it! :thumbsup:

Glenda58
12-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Ekkkk....55 bottlbe of polish!!....I have 4....lol and a small makeup bag and in total I have 3 times as much makeup as my wife!!! lol Your the makeup queen for sure... hehe Funny too...today I bought a new bottle of Revlon nail polish... and poured the remainder of the old one in it....

Love Karren

Karren I live alone with 2 bathrooms and the one thats full is the mistress bathroom.

Angie G
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Glenda I have about 10% of that :hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
12-20-2006, 05:24 AM
God I went over board with make up. Had I'd known I'd have gone strait to a beauty counter and bought from a pro. At least I would have more room in my makeup case right now.$$$$$$$$$$

Phyliss
12-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Glenda, I'm soooo jealous, wish I could have as much as you. Not that it would do any good for this old face. It'd just be fun having it all.
55 bottles of nail polish? One for every week of the year, cool.

DanaJ
12-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Ah, makeup and nail polish - my favorite subject. Let's see, well over 100 bottles of nail polish, all pro salon brands (Essie, China Glaze, OPI) - and enough makeup to completely fill a large box. I have a pic here somewhere of my makeup tackle box I take on my makeovers.....

Teresa Amina
12-20-2006, 08:50 AM
God I went over board with make up

You all should see it!:eek: I'm a minimalist and was shocked when Joy showed up with this giant bag of stuff, really amazing. She looked good when she was done, though.:thumbsup:

Penny
12-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news ladies, but if it is old, you should pitch most of it. It is recommended, because of bacteria, that you discard makeup after 6 months max. My wife and I bought all new makeup just the other day. If you are doing that and have that much, you sure have a lot more mula to spend on it than I. She spent and I spent well over 150 per.:eek:

:hugs:

Penny

Kate Simmons
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Penny is right. I work for a cosmetics company. They do have preservatives in them (methyl and propyl parabens, etc.) but that is mostly for shelf life. Keep an eye on the exp. dates. After that, chuck 'em. Better to be safe than sorry. You especially don't want an eye infection from the mascara.:happy: EKR

DanaJ
12-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Penny, that really depends on what makeup it is - true for mascara, but for things like powder eyeshadows, they are good for much much longer - 2 years.

Check out post #4 in this thread for some very goo research by TamaraGG. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28764&

MsJanessa
12-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I just got back from grocery shopping and was putting away my new makeup and I couldn't get it in the drawer. Now I one for foundation, creams, blushes and lipsticks and one for eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and eye brow pencils. Plus a drawer with makeup remover and face creams for night time anti-aging. Plus 55 bottles of nail polish and remover with all the cotton balls that go with it. Please tell me I'm not the only one doing this.

Your not the only one doing it honey--we all do and have tons of makeup to show for it.

TxKimberly
12-20-2006, 10:28 AM

Love Karren
Now THAT is frugle!
kIM

JoAnnDallas
12-20-2006, 11:21 AM
sounds like my sister's bathroom. I swear she must have at least 100 lipsticks, blushes, powders, foundations, and a whole bunch of brushes. LOL

I love going over to her house and having the chance to browse thru her stuff. She is always buying new stuff.

Joy Carter
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
You all should see it!:eek: I'm a minimalist and was shocked when Joy showed up with this giant bag of stuff, really amazing. She looked good when she was done, though.:thumbsup:

Yeah good as in Yetti terms.:eek:

cindybarnes
12-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I have gotten my makeup routine down to where I use certian things more than others. Foundation and powders go fairly fast,but eye shawdow's and eyeliners last pretty long. Im not as organised as some here *S* but I would say I actualy use about 1/4 of the stuff I have bought. Thats ok tho since makeup is usualy a lot cheaper than clothes LOL
Cindy

Rachel Morley
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
It is fair to say that we do have a lot of make up in our house, but it is shared between me and my wife so I guess this doesn't count.

Billijo49504
12-21-2006, 11:32 PM
WOW!!! Should I post the picture of all my makeup, but there is more since that pic was taken. I think I have about 6 foundations and blushes. Lipstick, ther is a couple dozen of them....BJ

Glenda58
12-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Now I hate to be the bearer of bad news ladies, but if it is old, you should pitch most of it.

Penny

All of it was bought in the last 7 months. Have Summer, Fall and Winter makeup. Will wait till Spring to buy it.

suzy
12-22-2006, 03:29 PM
OMG.. Did someone say "Pitch them?!!!":eek:

I can't......please no... I can't start all over buying them... OMG...there goes my thousand oiece make up kits!!!:(