PDA

View Full Version : Question about families

Fiona K
01-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi Girls,
A good friend who knows a number of CDs who have kids remarked that most have a majority of girls in thier family. I have two daughters for example.

Is this true? Are CD Dads more likely to father girls than boys?

Might be an interesting result?

Fiona
xx

Ashleigh
01-19-2005, 03:08 PM
One boy and one girl - plus my wife and me. (Interesting. The math still comes out as 50/50).

sandim
01-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi girls new to the forum! Glad to be here!
Don't know if it's true or not but I've always heard the male determines the sex of the child.
Two girls
One boy

Ashleigh
01-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you SandiM. Glad to have you among us.

DonnaT
01-19-2005, 03:29 PM
One boy 27, one girl 26. And I came from a family with 5 boys no girls.

And a hearty welcome to Sandi. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif

ChristineRenee
01-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Don't know if it's true or not but I've always heard the male determines the sex of the child.
Two girls
One boyHi sandim and welcome to the forum.

Hope you are enjoying it so far. Just jump in and hang on.

By the way..you are correct. The male does determine the sex of the child.

Luv,
Christine Renee

DanaJ
01-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Oops! Sorry Fiona - I voted before I read the exact nature of your survey, I thought you meant your family of brothers and sisters, not your own kids..... oops :)

DanaJ

racheal
01-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't have any children. :( Very sad...

Tristen Cox
01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Excellent question Fiona! No I don't have children, however one of my friends from here on the site sparked this question in my mind being she is father to all girls (three I think). Hopefully she will vote here, I'll point her in the direction of this poll.

Love
Tristen

Julie
01-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Two girls
One boy

Welcome Sandra Michelle, I hope you enjoy it here. You are quite correct it is the male who determines the sex of the child.

JJ

Paula A
01-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Two Boys,

Well one boy and one he's like his dad, but were not sure yet to what extent.

Could be that it's heireditary?

SatinSarah
01-19-2005, 05:24 PM
one boy one girl. is there a pattern emerging yet? They are 5 & 2 but the boy seems very interested in womens clothes and notices what my wife is wearing to an unnatural level? Could it be in the genes?

Krissi
01-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Even though I don't have any kids at the moment, I voted all boys since my family is notorious all boys. In fact we are like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, into each generation a chosen one is born. For like the last 4 generations there have been 1 girl and the rest are boys, example in this generation my oldest uncle had 1 boy & 1 girl, the next uncle 1 boy, the next uncle 2 boys, the next uncle 1 boy, then my mom 2 boys...weird huh??? Of all my cousins, 1 has had a girl, the rest of us have boys or don't have kids yet.

Georgette
01-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Welcome newbies and have fun you will enjoy. I have 2Girls and 1 boy. My oldest has met Georgette and I still don't think she really knows how to respond.LOL :rolleyes: I haven't told the other two that is 1 boy and 1 girl but I'm sure my oldest has already said something, as my boy asked if I got my ears peirced yet or am I waiting until he gets here to see me, I will wait for him . :) I think that he has a little tendency to like girly stuff though as I caught him one time with his sisters pantyhose on, maybe it is heiridtaryLOL. :rolleyes:

Julie
01-19-2005, 05:35 PM
I think I mentioned this elsewhere this evening that I have 2 boys.

JJ

LauraB
01-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Two girls
One boy

Hi babe welcome to the Sisterhood

i don't want to get beastly technical, but as far as i understand the whole reproductive thing. it works like this

there are 3 kinds of sperm that the man makes,

I
1st is non active sperm, which accounts for about 85% of the sperm made
2nd is female viable sperm which takes care of about 50% of the remainder
yes you gussed it
3rd is male viable sperm which takes care of the other 50%

The non actice sperm is a decoy designed to block any other mans sperm that maybe hanging about. (goes back to the primative days when girls were expected to have several partners and even encouraged by nature so that the best genitic material would be available for reproduction.

The active sperm male or female is capable of fertilising the egg. So it all depends on which little tadpole makes it to home first. However the stamina of the female sperm is greater so if the passage to the egg is very long (about 55% of all women) then the girl sperm has a greater chance of scouping the prize.

In the end it is the womb of the girl that dictates how long the passage and the chance of the baby being boy or girl.

That is just my understanding of the process I am a blond so i might be totally off the wall.

Love
Laura
XXXXXXX

Wendy me
01-19-2005, 06:01 PM
i like this thread i have two boys 26 and 24 years old...................now lol my new
children (the dog and the cat) bouth boys also.............7 and 5...........

LauraB
01-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here also and in answer to your poll, I have 3 daughters

Welcome Marree

Glad you have found us GIRLS

Love
Laura
XXXXXXX

Trinity_cat
01-19-2005, 06:39 PM
3 Kids, all GIRLS.

And I'm proud of them.

Funny feeling they might be CD :rolleyes:

Roberta-Jane
01-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I have a girl by my first marriage. 2 girls by my second although we lost a boy twin stillborn and a boy who was miscarried.

I sometimes used to wonder if it was punishment from on high that my boys didn't survive but Ithat really is nonsense but sometimes the way I feel

Hugs

Roberta-Jane

Stephanie Brooks
01-19-2005, 07:40 PM
One daughter.

OT: Fiona, I really enjoy this avatar. Glad you came back to it, with border mods.

alba68
01-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Two boys at the mo. Will change on Feb 4th or thereabouts but don't know which way. Will let you all know when it happens. :D

AnnaMaria
01-19-2005, 09:42 PM
One of each. Girl is 9 and boy is 2. Same with my mom. She had one of each but she came from a family of 4 boys and 1 girl.

huggs
anna

Danielle1960
01-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Two girls 20 and 16. One boy 15.

Danielle :)

Holly
01-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi to our newest members. In answer to the question, 2 boys (one deceased) and one girl. I have one brother and no sisters.

Sweet Susan
01-20-2005, 02:16 AM
We are a family of manly men, except me, and the wife, of course.

ChristineRenee
01-20-2005, 02:41 AM
My wife and I have no children. I have an older brother who is 10 years older than me. No sisters. My wife has a sister who is 5 years older than her. No brothers. My mother took a lot of female hormones prior to becoming pregnant with me. She desperately wanted her second child to be a girl. My wife's mom wanted her second child to be a boy. I was very small for my age growing up. My wife was overweight all her life for the most part. (or a "chub-chub" as she called it) If I would have been born a girl, I was to be named "Renee". If my wife had been born a boy, she would have been named "Phillip". I sometimes tease her about the Phillip thing, especially when she gets in her "bossier" moods.:p

Luv,
Christine Renee

Rikki
01-20-2005, 04:27 AM
I have four boys. I have six sisters and one brother. I guess that makes six and a half girls and one and a half boys.

To all the new girls on the block, welcome and enjoy.

Rikki

Fiona K
01-20-2005, 04:52 AM
Hi Girls,
Thanks for taking part in this!
Stastically nothing is proven, oh well seemed like a good theory at the time!!

We'll see if the stats change as time goes on.

Welcome to the new girls wh've taken part too

Fiona
xx

Donna Louise
01-20-2005, 05:29 AM
One daughter 29 and grandson 11. I only mention him as he stays with us about half the time.