PDA

View Full Version : Places to hide "stash" of women's clothes?

danam
12-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Where is the best place to hide your "stash" of women's clothes?

The trick, I think, is to consider the human element rather than simply security. For example, if you put it in a locked safe, then your SO might wonder why you're always messing with the safe, and confront you about it. So that's not a good idea, IMO.

Personally, I put my (admittedly small) stash in a very boring document box. One that she would never look into. Of course, there is always a chance.....

So where are your best hiding places?

marie354
12-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't have to hide mine any more, thank god! But when I did... The best place I found was a box in the attic or garage... A towel over my delicates... and some of my electronics and computer junk on top. None of my SO's cared about my junk! But I stopped trying to hide it after a while. Had some good results with leaving clues, and some bad. But now I love life a lot more. Hope you're SO can understand too some day.
:cheeky: :hugs:

melissaK
12-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Hiding leads to problems, problems lead to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side - - well, forgive me George for massacring Yoda's admonition to young Anakin (or was it Luke - after 6 movies I cant' remember), but you get my point.

If you are already stuck hiding, until you figure a way out of that dark side of the closet, there is no good place. The stuff has to be accesible, has to be laundered, etc. etc. Sooner or later whereever it is it will be found.

If you have a spouse who's merely looking the other way, then hidden in a box behind a wall of your dress shirts and slacks so its out of sight out of mind is as good as anywhere.

Amy Hepker
12-20-2006, 08:05 PM
You'ld be surprised at the places I used to hide mine when I had to. I used to put the stuff in the trunk of the car behind the tail light cover. Under the matress. Under the dresser. Behind different things. I didn't have to worry to much the xwife wasn't into cleaning anything, but if she would have found my stash, there was hell to pay. Sometimes you have to hide the stuff. I don't anymore, I have a more sane Girlfriend now and she lets me dress.

Lissa Stevens
12-20-2006, 08:06 PM
My femme clothes have two drawers in my dresser and about 3/4 of my closet.

RobynG
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
My SO has known for years so there's no secrets. We have a king size water bed with six drawers underneath and Robyn keeps her stuff in the first two drawers under my pillow, not:hiding:

RonnaDee
12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Lucky me!!! I don't have to hide mine as I am single and live by myself.:love: :bye: RonnaDee

Trina82
12-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I've found that it doesn't matter where you hide it, it's going to be found anyhow.

Since I still live with my parents (not much longer though!), I've tried to keep it all in a place they wouldn't look. Where else, but under the mattress? Signs pointed to them finding it, so I moved it all to a duffel bag under my bed. Again, it was found. Now, I've got it split between the two places, and I really could care less. I know they know, and I know they fail to respect my privacy.

If you're interested at all in my battle for privacy, check out the thread I started called "Privacy?!". You'll find some good advice, given by the rest of the userbase, in there.

Tricia_cd
12-20-2006, 08:38 PM
In my gym bag. I have 2, so all my bras, heels, skirts and tops are in there. Like others, my stash is small, 2 pairs of heels, 2 bras, 2 skirts, and plenty of panties, so there is room in the alternate gym bag. I keep it in the garage, inside of my old hockey equipment bag. Wife will never look there (laughs). The gym bag I use all the time is in the trunk of the car, but can always be changed to the CD one.
I do have 2 pairs of panties that she washes all the time, one pair is a nice pale blue pair, lace inserts on the side, full coverage at the back, but very sexy, with a nice feeling on my butt. The other is not QUITE so obvious, pale green, very sheer, with little or not "pouch" for the unit. I am sure she suspects, but until I have to address it, I will continue to be "Undercover CD".....

LOL....

Cheers girls, Merry Christmas...

Tricia

(buy yourself something nice this Christmas, I already did...some new stockings....smiles)

occdresser
12-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I hid all my dresses&skirts under regular cloths, hung up neatly in the closet for 15 years, until my SO found out :eek:

wendy360
12-20-2006, 10:50 PM
I hid everything in the garage under gardening tools and car parts. The ex never looked there.

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-20-2006, 10:58 PM
'Best' is to plan a good coming out. Rumpled up old funky clothes are no fun. Sneak off to a transformation place or such, because once you've been transformed totally theres nothing else that will suffice.

Karren H
12-20-2006, 11:04 PM
I built secret hiding places into all the bathroom cabinets....each one stocked with everything I needed to dress. Shoes, Hair, Lingerie, Clothes, Makeup....and each bathroom had a different theme and color scheme.... and I only bought clothes with fabric that didnt wrinkle much....My wife never did find them. But she did find the skirts i accidentially left at the bottom of my wardrobe...<sigh>

Karren

ColleenCD
12-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I found the best place. It's called plain sight and it's in the closet.:D

Colleen

Maria2004
12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Hiding leads to problems, problems lead to suffering, suffering leads to the dark side - -

:lol: too funny. I don't have to hide my stuff any longer either, but when I did, I used the attic for stuff that I was paranoid about.

TxKimberly
12-20-2006, 11:50 PM

The trick, I think, is to consider the human element rather than simply security. For example, if you put it in a locked safe, then your SO might wonder why you're always messing with the safe, and confront you about it. So that's not a good idea, IMO.

Personally, I put my (admittedly small) stash in a very boring document box. One that she would never look into. Of course, there is always a chance.....

Personaly? I'd tell the wife so I don't HAVE to hide my clothes.
You would be surprised how many wives will accept this IF it is a reasonabe part of your life AND you remembber that your wife is the MOST imprtant part of your life. (They get touchy when you forget that little detail)
Kim

Kate Simmons
12-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Now, that would be telling wouldn't it? I no longer hide my stuff since I'm open about it. Previously, it didn't matter where I put the stuff, my wife eventually found it. She had the uncanny ability to "sniff it out".This caused both of us no small amount of grief. In hindsight, I tend to agree with a lot of the gals here and say honesty is best. Saves both parties a lot of pain in the long run and you don't have to be sneaky. Sometimes it takes being a "man" to be a woman as somebody's byline here goes.:happy: Ericka Kay

NatalieBliss
12-21-2006, 12:50 AM
I have a small stash and hide it in a backpack in my car's trunk. Not ideal for sure, but my living conditions don't make much else possible.

Also I don't have an SO just hiding it from room mates...

Billijo49504
12-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Well, hide your stash on her side of the closet, that will get the conversation going about who's clothes are these? Then you can have the conversation that we all hated to have, but were happy when it was over with...BJ
ps, I keep all mine in the closet, on my side. And my makeup is on the counter in the back bathroom..

JoAnnDallas
12-21-2006, 10:12 AM
One of the best places to hide anything is right in plane sight. In the closet of my computer room, I have 4 of those 6 drawer plastic cabients. 3 1/2 of these are filled with computer, radio, and model train stuff. The 1/2 of one holds all my panties, bras, pantyhose, slips, cami, wig, makeup, and three pair of shoes. I may have to move some of the other stuff as I now need another drawer for my girl stuff. LOL Anyway, wife goes in and out of the closet a lot. The family files and safe is in that closet too. My dresses, blouses, skirts, pants, tops, and ect are in a large box on the shelf above the cabients labeled "Computer Stuff".
When we lived in West Virginia, I had the basement pretty much to myself. One day I accidently punched a hole in the side wall of a closet. I discovered a open space between that closet and another on the same wall. I carefully removed the sheetrock and installed a false wall. The open space was about 4X3 feet. I floored and lined it with that cheap plywood stuff and had a place to keep all of JoAnn's stuff. I even built a plywood shelf on the far end to keep my makeup on and installed a lighted mirror. Then we had to move to Dallas. never told the agent about the hidden room, so if the current owner ever discoveres it, they will be suprised and probley wonder about it's former use. LOL The wife never ask about the contruction, since at the same time I was building a large 12X17 foot model railroad layout.

suanne
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Suanne keeps her clothing in a gun safe. They are suppose to be locked. I collect firearms so multiple safes are just suppose to be. Problem is..... I am running out of room. :D

Jill
12-21-2006, 11:46 AM
It's almost humorous when you think about it. The great lengths that we go through to hide this from people. It's true that even though we find good places to hide things, people still manage to find it. I really wish that I lived alone so that I could just hang things up so it wouldn't get so wrinkled. Hiding stuff in the past includes boxes, backpacks, gym bags and suitcases. Boxes in plain sight, boxes under the bed, under the bottom drawer in the dresser. I put the black items in my dresser with my guy stuff, it's a lot harder to identify when it's black.

Julie York
12-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I have this great image of Karren Hutton's bedroom.....You know like in Thunderbirds or James Bond when someone pushes a button and all the wardrobes and book cases turn round to reveal a control centre for World Domination.....Only instead of missile launchers there are racks of shoes, wigs, dresses, make-up in graded colours and sizes for easy application......

Karren: Ahaaa.....the wife has gone out......(she presses a button marked "Secret Big Red Tranny Button").........(Thunderbirds theme plays loudly)......Karren Hutton is Goooooooooo!!!!

:D

Michelia
12-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Before I came out to my SO, I used to keep stuff in my weekend backpack. One day I found the clothes gone and then folded and washed in my drawer. Not a word was ever said. That was when I really decided to come out. I did not want her to think it was all another woman's clothes, although she really had no reason to think this.

Now I have a closet only for Michelia with a latch and lock on it. Everything goes in there. Shoes, make-up, books, clothes, wig, and forms. The problem is that since I got my closet set up I have been buying way too many things. I just went to Payless this week and returned 6 pairs of shoes because I did not have any more room!

I am making this rule now that I allow myself only one new article of clothing or shoes every month.

Michelia

Marcie Sexton
12-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Before my wife seen and accepted me, I just hung them in plain site...:heehee:

But now Marcie and my wife share a closet:rolleyes: between the two of them I have been relegated to the spare closet for my work attaire...:D

Just think what its like living with two women, even if one is me:o
But I wouldn't have it any other way...:love:

melissaK
12-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Why has no one fessed up to using a "brief case?" Seems oh so appropriate. . . . :heehee:

Kristen Marie
12-21-2006, 02:45 PM
For the items I do not use that often, I store them in my office in boxes she would never look in. The office is beside the house and she rarely ventures over.

For items I use frequently, I try and duplicate lingerie. For example, I just bought her three new pair of Jockey microfiber panties...white, black and peach today for Christmas. All size 6. And, I just bought the exact same for me in size 7. That way, if I get careless, they look exactly like hers. I can even wear them for fun.......It has saved me several times.

Bernadina
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
No hiding here. Just competition for drawer and closet space.

Stormgirl
12-21-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't need to hide them anymore.

Rachaelb64
12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Always thought I'd be good at espionage, all that sneaking around, half-truths, out right lies and hiding stuff, I amazed myself how quiet I could walk in heels while everyone else was sleeping upstairs.:raisedeyebrow:

No wonder I was so stressed :lol2:

Its better these days my fem clothes are all in my wardrode and I'm open to any woman who comes into my life :happy:

Wendy48088
12-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Military surplus new unissued duffel bags and large heavy duty pilots bags from places such as Sportsman's Guide (http://www.sportsmansguide.com/) or Major Surplua N Survival (http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/) stored in the basement.

TSMichelle
12-25-2006, 07:33 AM
Here's a really good tip for you girls :), it works great for me...
Grab all of your clothes, go over to your clothes drawer, remove your bottom drawer and hide your clothes underneath that bottom drawer. It kind of acts like a new drawer :), and its really handy too :D. No one ever checks there :).

krissysSecret
12-25-2006, 07:43 AM
I have this great image of Karren Hutton's bedroom.....You know like in Thunderbirds or James Bond when someone pushes a button and all the wardrobes and book cases turn round to reveal a control centre for World Domination.....Only instead of missile launchers there are racks of shoes, wigs, dresses, make-up in graded colours and sizes for easy application......

Karren: Ahaaa.....the wife has gone out......(she presses a button marked "Secret Big Red Tranny Button").........(Thunderbirds theme plays loudly)......Karren Hutton is Goooooooooo!!!!

:D

Julie....thats waaaayyy funny!!!! Loved the big red tranny button remark. I bet someone out there has that same setup you described!!
I live alone so the hiding issue for me doesn't come up unless family comes for a visit from California. I remember the days of hiding the stash when I was married.The ex wife and I laugh about it now(she knows) and supports me now that we don't live together!

TxKimberly
12-25-2006, 11:28 AM

LOL I used to be in the Army and so had to be very creative with this when I went to schools and the like. The best place I ever found was when I had a little station wagon. In the rear, there were two 9 inch speaker mounted over the wheel wells. I removed the speakers, found a significant amount of free space and stuffed my things down there.

Kim (James Bond 007)

Gary
12-25-2006, 10:23 PM
As my wife knows my things arent hidden but there is a nosey little 11 year old in our house now, and right now a 13 and 7 year told to but just for the holidays. My things are all in a container, wrinkles to heck and back, and on the top shelf of my closet. I am the only one tall enough to even come close to reaching them. So out of site, yes and no, but safe from the eyes of children.

gary

JenniferR771
12-25-2006, 10:48 PM
In a gym bag behind the seat of my pickup. Plus under the seat.
Also in 8 boxes in my outdoor garden shed--last year my water bags froze.
Also 4 nicest outfits in the spare bedroom closet, in garment bag. Two wigs in shoebox on shelf. My wife has known 5 years, (but completely non-supportive). She found the outfits in spare room, left me a nasty note insisting I move them outside, but I didn't move them.

MistyCD
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
I have some hints for storing items in my previous post. here is the link...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6002

hugs Misty

dann
12-26-2006, 10:11 PM
The tighter it's locked away the bigger the impact when it's found. These things fester with time. I know it's easy for someone who has come out to his wife to say so, but believe me, it needs to be said.

Joni Beauman
12-27-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm afraid to say besides the drawer full of underwear, hose, tights, and cammis in plain sight, I have bags full of dresses, skirts, sweaters, shoes, wigs, makeup etc... still stashed in a hole in the bottom of the pool table in the basement. I think my SO would find all this a bit over the top for what she is ready to accept. It accummulates over time, though (and its an ordeal to find that certain something). Joni

MsCorrinne
12-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Well, I was storing my clothes in the basement...that got flooded and everything got wet and eventually musty and moldy. I ended up having to throw away a majority of my feminine attire.

Then this fall my wife stumbled upon what was left in my suitcase...and has been totally accepting. Now I store my things in my own closet and dresser draws, which, by the way..is absolutely AWESOME!!

Now Corrinne comes and visits just about every weekend. My wife now enjoys the fact that I have to dress for bed..and she can just sit back and enjoy watching.

I know I'm really looking forward to the New Year and what is in store for Corrinne.

Hugs.

Ms. Corrinne

telawilson
12-27-2006, 11:25 AM
I keep my stuff in four gym bags in the attic, behind a wall of boxes. Hard to get to, but safe. I used to have a deep closet where I could keep everything in the back, but since we moved, I don't have that luxury anymore. It was funny, when we were first looking at our house, the thought that kept running through my head was "Where am I going to put my stuff?"

Tela

joaniecd
01-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I hide mine in my closet and dresser. Dont have many male clothes any more so there is plenty of room in the closet. Dont have any male undies so the dresser is full of girly things. I do have some Long Tee Shirts for lounging or drab .

TV Wannabe
01-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I only have a little bit of stuff, like makeup and panty hose, so I keep my stuff in a small black travel bag under my sink in the bathroom. No one has found it yet.

janedoe311
01-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I have a rifle safe in the basement that is where I put my stuff. She does not know how to open it. I only dress when she and the kids are gone.

Wendy me
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I found the best place. It's called plain sight and it's in the closet.:D

Colleen

true lol vary true .... the easiest way is in plane sight .....

veronicagirl
01-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Years ago, I went and got a rental storage unit. In those days you could use a different name and address. If paid in cash months in advance, there was no problem. Now divorced, over career choices, I have all my gal stuff in one side of my closet that has a separate spring door and lock, in case of company.