PDA

View Full Version : The woman in the mirror!

Maggie Kay
12-21-2006, 12:30 PM
SO I'm going along getting ready for my day and I look at myself in the bathroom mirror. I saw my mother! OK, this is a shock. She was an abusive mother and we split many years ago. Now, I have to deal with the fact that as I get more femme looking, I'll inevitably look even more like her. I didn't want to see her again much less carry around her image on my face! Anyone got a pill for this! It was bad enough looking like my father....

CaptLex
12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I can relate, KR. I'm starting to look more and more like my father, and we haven't spoken in over 25 years, so it's not someone I like. But you can't beat genetics. My own son looks like my ex-husband (who I also hate), and I tell him it's okay that he looks like him, just as long as he doesn't act like him. :p

Calliope
12-21-2006, 01:40 PM
That's definitely no good. Maybe a makeover - usually I scoff at bringing in a 'pro' - but in your case, maybe some innovations in makeup application could help get the mirror under control.

Maggie Kay
12-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Daytripper,
That is priceless! LOL Thanks so much for the advise. Yep, definitely a makeover, but how far should I go? Should a scalpel be involved? Maybe just a paper bag.... Worked for the Unknown Comic..

Sophia Rearen
12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Similar to the witness protection program, perhaps there is the I don't want to be reminded of my parents program. I think the scalpel would work wonders.

Calliope
12-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Should a scalpel be involved? Maybe just a paper bag.... Worked for the Unknown Comic..

You gotta be pullin' my leg - I wasn't being facetitious. No scalpel - never I think. Surely you can do your hair totally different from your mother's, something like that.

Maggie Kay
12-21-2006, 06:28 PM
Daytripper,
Your post just struck me as very funny. I didn't take offense in the slightest. Hairstyle might help a lot as would a decent makeover. One of the reasons I don't post a photo is my photos now are just awful. I do look like an old woman who has let herself go.

AmberTG
12-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Well, I understand what you see in the mirror. I think I've always looked more like my mother then my father. Some days I see part of her in the mirror, some days I don't. I couldn't tell you why it changes, probably just my perception. I'm lucky in that I had a good relationship with my mother, even after my x-wife told her that I was a cross-dresser. My mother never asked me about it, she just let it be.
Anyway, some days I can see a bit of my sister in my face also, makes me happy.
A change of hair style can really change the way a face looks.

Stephenie S
12-23-2006, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't mind looking like my mother. She was very pretty. What I see in the mirror isn't pretty at all. Well, not until I have worked on it a bit. Even then, "pretty" might be stretching things a bit.

Steph

Calliope
12-23-2006, 12:23 PM
I do look like an old woman who has let herself go.

Hey, you're not knocking old womyn who let themselves go, are you?

I take that personally !

:bonk:

joanlynn28
12-24-2006, 12:16 PM
I had that feeling early one when I was looking into the mirror too, while putting on my makeup. Who is that beautiful woman in the mirror looking back at me. She was there all along just waiting to come out. I am reminded how I look alot like my mother when I look at myself. We both have the same facial features and skin type. And the one great thing that I inherited from my mother is my youthful appearance, both of my parents are in their seventies and my mom still looks many years younger. Many times I ask others how old do you think I am, and have them reply 27 and I reply thank you, you have just made this 45 year old woman's day. And the longer I am on HRT the more I am becoming my younger sister's twin. I mean she has always looked like me just with a nice pair of breasts, but I am the one with the nicer smile.