PDA

View Full Version : Doing Something Impulsive And Daft

Toni
01-19-2005, 06:14 PM
This morning I was all dressed up (as usual) and doing the hoovering, ( The wife bless her was at work) when there was a knock at the front door. Through the glass I could see it was the postman and normally I would have run and hid but I thought to myself "This is my house and I am doing nothing wrong - cobblers to it" so I opened the door and I have to say his eyes nearly came out on stalks and after both of us saying good morning I took the parcel for next door he actually walked away with a smile on his face . I never knew that I had that much bottle. What daft things have you girls done?
Love & Kisses,
Toni

Wendy me
01-19-2005, 06:16 PM
the terms of the corts restrict me from saying

Ashleigh
01-19-2005, 06:22 PM
I think it is safe to say that you were the topic of conversation at the post office. Way to go!!! Reminds me of some of the things I did when I was a kid to get a suprised look from people. It's a wonder I'm still alive.

racheal
01-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Plead the fifth, I tell you - plead the fifth. :)

ChristineRenee
01-19-2005, 07:21 PM
My response lies somewhere between Racheal's and Wendy's.

But you got guts Toni...I'll give ya that!;)

Georgette
01-19-2005, 07:51 PM
This morning I was all dressed up (as usual) and doing the hoovering, ( The wife bless her was at work) when there was a knock at the front door. Through the glass I could see it was the postman and normally I would have run and hid but I thought to myself "This is my house and I am doing nothing wrong - cobblers to it" so I opened the door and I have to say his eyes nearly came out on stalks and after both of us saying good morning I took the parcel for next door he actually walked away with a smile on his face . I never knew that I had that much bottle. What daft things have you girls done?
Love & Kisses,
Toni

Way to go girl the next thing you will be telling us you went into Victorias Secret and bought some thing it don't hurt as much as you think. :) :)

Tristen Cox
01-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Can't say I've yet to be so bold. Bloody good job Toni! ;)

jjjjohanne
01-19-2005, 09:01 PM
I went to the mall in shorts and hose and keds (dressed as a guy otherwise) for the first time to do my Christmas shopping. No one seemed to notice.
Feeling bold, I decided to go to a shoe store and clothing store dressed that way this week. Both were friendly to my apparel and interests.
The girl at the shoe store (payless) asked me if she could help me and I was walking around in some heels. Later, after gaining some nerve, I went to her for her opinion. She looked at the strapy sandles I was wearing and we talked shoes. Later, she came back to where I was in the store and I said something about my hose and she said she hadn't noticed I was wearing them. (They were Leggs Active Support Nude.)
I went to the clothing store and one of the ladies working recognized me from another time I came and asked if I could try some clothes on. (It is a ladies clothing only store.) I shopped around for a while and then I asked the lady for her help. She was very helpful. She recommended I try on a mini-skirt. I had only been considering knee length skirts because I am sooo tall. I told her that if I was going to try on the mini skirt, she had to see me in it. She came back to the dressing area and I modeled it for her. I liked it better than all of the rest that I had tried. It came midway down my upper leg. I decided to buy it because it was only ~8 dollars.
Here comes the impulsive part... At the register, I asked her if I could wear the skirt out. She let me back in the dressing room and I slinked out, nervous as heck. I am dressed as a girl from the waist down and as a guy from the waist up. Now, I am going to try to leave the strip mall (at night) and walk through the lighted parking lot to my truck. Very stressful! One of the other clerks who knew I was trying on clothes was talking socially to a customer and I motioned for her attention to see me in the skirt. The customer started to turn around and I tried to hide. She saw me and said I had nice legs. I finally got enough nerve to approach them and we talked for a little while. The woman was supportive. I walked out and started toward my car. A guy walked out of the liquor store next door to the clothing store just as I walked by. I almost bolted, but he never noticed. I ended up going back to the shoe store before going home. Few were out to see me and no one did.

Whew!

racheal
01-19-2005, 09:11 PM
The most I have done is go down to get the mail in the main lobby waering heels once and 'man's clothes', the clacking did get one woman's attention with the noise, but I murmerd something like, "I should not have taken that bet" to recover from the attention. Definately, you are brave for doing that, especially with the post man. Excellent story!

GraceUSA
01-19-2005, 10:11 PM
I think postmen have seen it all. Where I live now the front door is 3 levels below my office so if the post rings for a singature I have no time to change and answer the door. With moving I'm going to have to get the new delivery guys used to me.

Isn't it odd that we can let random people know about details we keep secret but yet not be able tell people that we are very close to?

Grace

Sweet Susan
01-20-2005, 02:51 AM
I gotta tell you, jjjjohanne, you have more balls than I do.

Rikki
01-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Toni, what next? I think this forum and the ladies here have done something toyou. Good thing though. Look at yourself girl, the next you will be telling us that you went for tea. :) Nice going though.

Rikki

jjjjohanne
01-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Thank you susan. I live in a between a couple large cities. A 30 minute drive and you can place 100000 strangers in between you anyone you know. There is always the fear that one guy from work lives way over here. Some people drive an hour to work, you know.... Stressful!

I got this crazy notion this week. It was so cold, I realized I could dress all femme and put on my heavy coat with the hood. Pull the hood strings and wear a scarf, and almost none of my face shows. I am very tall, but no one at the shopping center near my house seemed to look at me funny. Of course, you cannot go inside and keep the hood on, logically. But it was a great outing.