PDA

View Full Version : The desire to walk out the front door

Jennaie
12-21-2006, 04:19 PM
When I get fully dressed in my apt I can not resist the overwhelming desire to walk out the front door and present myself to the world, even it is just to step out in the breezeway for a few minutes. Why is that?

There has to be some type of psycological reason for this.

What do you think ladies/gentleman?

Let me edit this: It's not that I have not been out before, I have been out shopping and dinning. It's the desire/need to go out everytime I dress that I am questioning. This ain't my first Rodeo, I've been out the door more than a few times.

Karren H
12-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Well its like sky diving!! Its that rush that you get when your doing something your not supposed to be doing but your getting away with it... And you want to do it more and more!!! Welcome to the club!!

Time to hit the mall!! :)

Karren

Bethanygirl
12-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Maybe you just want to have the world accept you as you?

livy_m_b
12-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Remember that the way we dress and act is always meant to convey something to the world - whether we present as a slob, a rebel, a valley girl, a corporate lawyer, etc. So, if the desire of your heart is to present as a woman, what does it mean? It means you are permitted to present your innermost feelings to the world, but also to yourself.

Amy Hepker
12-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Well, Try it. You can always run back in like a skidish little school girl.

carla smith
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
It is a natural progression for most of us. All dolled up and nowhere to go! When we make an effort to look nice it is a natural tendancy to want to show it to someone.

Get fancied up and go have fun out there!

Jennaie
12-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Well, Try it. You can always run back in like a skidish little school girl.

Amy, I have been out shopping en-femme. It's not that I have never been out, it's that I can't dress without having to get out.

Actually, I think perhaps Bethanygirl hit the nail on the head.

Marla S
12-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Fashion and appearence is something that has to be shared, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. Clothes are signals and a language. Signals are meant to be seen, languages are meant to be spoken.

The mirror is a poor substitute for: Hello world, here I am, see me, hear me, feel me.

That's completely natural.
Unnatural is to be forced to be invisible and quiet.

Jennaie
12-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Fashion and appearence is something that has to be shared, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense. Clothes are signals and a language. Signals are meant to be seen, languages are meant to be spoken.

The mirror is a poor substitute for: Hello world, here I am, see me.

That's completely natural.
Unnatural is to be forced to be invisible and quiet.

Well stated Marla.

Sierra Evon
12-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Maybe you really just want to say with a deep breath " Okay !!!, world ready or not !!!, here I come..!!! ) , it takes guts, to do that, very difficult I tottaly feel ya on that , if thats what your intentions are I wish you all the best of luck..........:hugs:

carla smith
12-21-2006, 05:01 PM
This is a different question than what I read into your original post. I thought that you, like most of us, were reluctant to step onto your breezeway.

What you are wondering is if something is wrong with you because you "have to" go out when you dress.

I don't know...but if you want the world to accept you as a woman....get off the breezeway...and :heehee:

Have fun out there!:happy:

Kate Simmons
12-21-2006, 05:05 PM
You want to share the real you with the world, Hon.:happy:

finacarina
12-21-2006, 05:06 PM
If the front door is too much of a rush, you can always try the back door:heehee: Maybe not so overwhelming.

Jennaie
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
You want to share the real you with the world, Hon.:happy:

Thanks Ericka, You and Bethanygirl have answered my question.

Karren, I do know what you mean by the "thrill", but I'm not sure it's because I'm doing something wrong and getting away with it as much as perhaps doing something right and being thrilled with the outcome.

Julie York
12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Some people want to feel 'free' by showing an element of themselves that they feel is their real persona so they want to be genuine with the world and not live a lie etc etc.

But in my opinion there's a big element of Show Time!! I think it's an adrenalin thing. It's a dare. It's a buzz. It is some sort of "Love me dawrlings!! (that's the official spelling of darlings as listed in the "Camp spelling Dictionary from Oxford OMG I love it I love it !!"

Within many a transvestite is an outragious showoff trying to get out.

krisinpink
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
Just do it babe!! The first step is your front step!! I don't always have time or courage to go to the mailbox or the store while dressed, but I just CAN'T resist the urge to step out into the sunlight in my favorite jeans, a blouse, and a cute pair of low-heeled pink pumps I have that look just GREAT in the sun!

I say honey, just get yourself dressed pretty, and step out onto that step...you'll love it!!

Calliope
12-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey, it's only normal to want to get out of the house every day.

tvbeckytv
12-21-2006, 09:33 PM
thats a really interesting question.
i'd never thought of it before, but you re absolutely right, there is a huge compulsion to be outside that is difficult to explain.
its more than just wanting to show yourself to the world...cos even going out in the garden where no on will see you still has its draw.
~I guess it is different reasons on different levels.
i started going out as a teen, and remember deliberately walking where i would be seen by people, not so close as they could ever know, but just walking by. i remember one cold winter evening walking past a pub with people sitting out front....i heard one woman say, refering to me as i walked past "gosh, she must be cold". i was elated. So that is a big part of it, but i think there is still more to it that i do not understand.