PDA

View Full Version : Ear piercing

marie354
12-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm thinking about having my ears pierced, both of them. My SO tells me that a lot of guys are having both done. There's free piercing just about anywhere they sell them and it would open the doors to a lot of good looks too. Pierced earings are everywhere.
Looked at a pair of gold crosses today, which I'm told are OK for a guy.

How many of you gals have done it and is it a good idea?

:hugs: :love: :hugs:

Kristen Kelly
12-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Go for it had my other ear done in August only 1 person questioned it, now Im spoiled and dont want to wear any of my old clip-ons

Joy Carter
12-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey if the SO is OK with it go for it. Mine went over the edge six months ago when I had both done. So I let one hole grow back. Since then about eight weeks ago I got the other re-done. She didn't loose it this time but did give the the "What Are ----- Going To Say." Well guess what the only one who said anything was one of my customers. She was a twenty something cute Nubian chick. She thought I looked sexy with my ears pierced. Gee do you think I missed making it with a chick half my age +? LOL BTW I'm considering having doubles now. :D

Kandi
12-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I am with you Marie, I would love to get my ears pierced. After wearing clip ons for three days for an atlanta triess outing my ears were so swollen and tender I thought i would die. Not really but very uncomfortable. I wish they made some kind of discreet post to wear while it was healing.

CharleneCD
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
I got both of mine pierced over a year and a half ago and I havn't regreted it one bit.

Sherri Taylor
12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I have both of mine pierced. 3 in the left and 1 on the right. I usually only use the the bottom on the left. I've never had anyone question the right one. Most guys I know that have ears pierced have both done. With all the stuff people are putting in their face now days (eye brow, nose, lips, tongue, etc.) ears are mild. Just my opinion.

Sherri

jennig
12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
hi I have had my ears done for many years noboby has ever said a word. so if you want them pearced then do it so many men have it done thease days
go for it
huggs jennig:2c:

Andrea Nicole
12-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Hi,
I wear a lot of very large hoops, and long dangling type earrings. I really could find a lot of nice styles in clip-ons, plus they fell off, or left my ears so swollen....I got both my ears pierced right after I retired... I love it.
Huggs,
Andi..

Rachel Schaedel
12-21-2006, 08:58 PM
In today's society most of the people dont really care. It is so common now. The only people who said anything were family and friends and all I got asked was where and how much?

S/O knew I had done it before. She just told me to make sure I did the whole disinfect thing all the time. Shes happy about expanding the earring collection. Not to mention she slyly told me that now I could by her a bigger set of diamond earrings as now it would get twice the use.

Imagine that.

Calliope
12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I think earrings are pretty essential - and lots of fun.

Of course, I was a terrible addict once.

I'm 12-stepping now.

Er, more or less.

Marcie Sexton
12-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Go for it !!! I did and have NO regrets, as a matter of fact I have more ear rings than my wife, shes even been know to borrow mine...:happy:

marie354
12-21-2006, 11:34 PM
WOW! I'm grateful for all of your input.... Input... I need input! hehehe!
I now feel much better about having it done! My SO says... ''Do it if you want to, I don't mind... I've seen lots of guys with both.''
I'm ready now......... Woo-Hoo

Bernadina
12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Yep. Done both. Wear small diamond in white gold studs full time when not dressed. Its totally acceptable these days.

Go for it.

Scotty
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Yep me too.
I have both cartlidges done on top too but my hair now covers them so I can wear my pink studs.

I wear white gold diamond studs almost any time I'm not at work but at work I'm still only a left ear person :D

Josephine56
12-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Mine need to stay intact. I've got clever of late....I clip on two little clusters and thread the long hook of the dangly ones for pierced ears through between the bottom of the lobe and the clip....Ergo I can wear 'normal ' earrings even though I'm not pierced !

Jennaie
12-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I have them both pierced. If you go to a place that sells the thicker "male" earrings you can get them pierced to a guage 14 and wear the male style earrings when dressed in drab. Being able to wear the guage 14 earrings when in drab prevents the holes from closing up on you. Good Luck.

princessmichelle
12-22-2006, 09:26 AM
I haven't, but I am seriously considering it too, so thanks for starting the thread Marie.

"Princess" Michelle

Stephenie S
12-22-2006, 10:43 AM
One of the best things I ever did for myself. Don't hesitate for a minute. Get to the mall and get 'em done. There are sooo many styles and designs to shoose from. And wearing long dangley ones when you dress up is unbelievable fun!!

I once had someone tell me the following story. He said that 20 years ago, as a newly married young man, he was working on a construction site when his new wedding ring got caught in a machine and he nearly lost his finger and hand. He said that the next day he had gone out and gotten his ear pierced and taken the ring off his hand. He pointed to his ear ring and said that this was his wedding ring and had been for 20 years. He had also gotten his wife's initials tatooed behind his ear.

Now that was a unique story.

Steph

RonnaDee
12-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, do it!!!!Its the only way to go!!!! I did mine years ago.:love:
:bye: RonnaDee

Janelle Young
12-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I had my left ear pierced about five years ago. At that time I worked for a company that did not allow them so I had to put a band aid over it when I went to the office. Less than a year later I went to work for a different company, the ear ring issue was a major reason. I got my right ear pierced over a year ago and now no one pays it any attention.

hjt101
12-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Get them done!

If you get razzed by the gang, you can always take them out, though they might razz you more for not keeping them.

linnea
12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
I had both of my ears pierced a couple of years ago. I'm very happy with it, and I don't really get much in the way of a reaction from people when I'm in drab. It's great when I dress enfemme because there are so many pretty earrings available. When I dress in drab I just wear studs.
I say, "Go for it."

Victoria Anne
12-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Marie go for it girl.I have both ears pierced twice and wear diamond studs in the lower and gold studs in the upper and no one has ever said a word. Have fun

Glenda58
12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Go for it I have had mine done last spring and love all the chooses in earing's. I have both pierce and clip ons. Wear the pierce all the time and add the clip ons for more style.

Gizmo, Debbie
12-22-2006, 04:20 PM
I got my ears done just today and the only problem i can see is what will i tell the guys at work after the christams holidays.
It's amazing the differance 2 small round studs make when you look in the mirror:D

http://debbiegizmotv.mysite.orange.co.uk

webber_k
12-22-2006, 06:07 PM
i had one done first and once healed had the other couldnt have both done as wasnt meant to wear them at work i got away with one but i will admit its so much more fune having pierced ears the earings are so much nicer than clip ons

marie354
12-22-2006, 08:51 PM
I got them done an hour ago at Walmart. Waited in line for 45 mins and I was a bit anxious. I got a pair of 3mm cz's. :D
Can't hardly wait the 6-weeks so I can put in some danglies.

I guess it's time for a new pic. Need more batteries for my camera. It eats them! I'll post one in the gallery as soon as I can to show them off.

hjt101
12-23-2006, 02:14 AM
I got them done an hour ago at Walmart.

Congrats. See, it didn't really hurt. The six weeks will go by really quickly. You won't notice the time fly.

Diane CDN
12-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Good for you and damn those it may offend...lol !!
Had both mine done in 1987 ..... that confused a lot of people :)

Diane
>^..^<

sharon ball
12-26-2006, 03:11 AM
i got mine done and i love it. it's not like it was. thougth everyone would stare but they give a quick look and that's it. Gald i finally did it.:heehee:

Naomi
12-26-2006, 03:34 AM
go for it Marie. ive only got one ear done at the moment which ive had for years i have a coulple of other peircings and i plan to get my other ear done very soon.

Tessa Wire
12-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Well just speaking for myself, before I went into the Military, my so called friends had a party for me, and while I was a bit incoheraint they pirced my left ear. Well about a year after I got out, I decided to go and get the right ear done, but I was to self consious, so I did it myself, and let me just say, that for me, it was the right thing to do. Well that was several years ago. And now I own severl pairs of earings. Loves :hugs:

trannie T
12-26-2006, 04:17 AM
I have several holes in each ear. In male mode I wear a small hoop and plain studs or just studs. In girl mode I wear the biggest, flashiest earrings I can find.

marie354
12-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Getting them done was actually a Christmas gift from my SO. She said to me, ''Come to walmart with me and help me with some earings.'' When she started looking and the piercers... I really got excited. I've wanted to get them done for quite a while, but never had the nerve. They're both done now, and in a few weeks I can wear anything I want!
Thanks ladies for all of your support. You give me strength!

Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs, sprinkled with kisses.
Sandy