PDA

View Full Version : Ever been put in the wrong bucket

Sally2005
12-22-2006, 02:52 AM
This was insired by another thread about being read as a girl while being a guy. I have a gender neutral name and I was wondering if anyone else has any stories to share about being separated in to the other group.

When I was in grade 7 on the first day of school my class was being separated by calling out the names of the girls and guys to select the students that would go to home economics/cooking class vs. woodworking. On one side of the room was the home economics teacher and on the other was the shop teacher. When my name was called it was from the home economics side. I was too embarased to say anything so they repeated my name several times, but I didn't answer. I just descretely went to shop class and when they took attendance I just said you forgot me. They quietly fixed their mistake. Sometimes I wish I went to join the girls. :-)

Kate Simmons
12-22-2006, 03:06 AM
Not that Sally but when I was in 5th grade, the teacher decided to have a "kickball" match at recess between the boys and the girls. When asked who their Captain would be the girls said me. I was honored even though the other boys razzed me. We got "skunked" of course but the girls loved me for the fact I wanted to do it. What they didn't realize is that I secretly considered myself a "girl" even back then(and had been wearing my Mom's clothes at home). Made my day for sure.:happy: Ericka

XDressDreaming
12-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Sounds along the lines of a friend i had at High School, for an unknown reason his parents thought they would be different, and spelt Micheal without the a, so it was Michel, i dont know there might be some French influence or something ... though he was forever being called Michelle, who knows come Reunion time he might be Michelle ...