PDA

View Full Version : becoming a adicted to shopping

webber_k
12-22-2006, 03:35 AM
its getting terible lol i keep buying new things ok im still with in my budget lol but i cant help keep buying new clothes and stuff at this rate im going to have to get a new wardrobe lol anyone else finding this or is it just a faze we all go through

Joy Carter
12-22-2006, 03:45 AM
its getting terrible lol i keep buying new things OK I'm still with in my budget lol but i cant help keep buying new clothes and stuff at this rate I'm going to have to get a new wardrobe lol anyone else finding this or is it just a faze we all go through

You been holding back and now you have your confidence up your doing what you have always wanted to do. They call it being a "Clothes Horse". Don't know why. Maybe Goggle the term. Besides it's better than drugs or alcohol. The only hang over is seeing how much money you have spent. LOL

MandyTX83
12-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Yep, I now have an entire wardrobe and more shoes than i can possibly wear and I can't stop buying, thank god for jobs that pay well and little to no expenses.

Kate Simmons
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
It probably raises the Endorphin levels in your body when you anticipate and follow through with buying something new because let's face it, you are in touch with your real self and it makes you feel good. It can get expensive after awhile, all of this impulse buying, especially in regards to women's clothing, cosmetics, wigs,etc. An alternate route to get this "rush" is maybe to try being creative with what you already have and experiment with different looks. This is what I do because quite frankly, I don't have that much money to keep pissing away buying things. My wardrobe is big enough for 5 CD's and I have a huge wig collection and tons of makeup already.That's one way. Another way may be to have fun with whatever CD friends you have to do things together. That's excitement right there because you are living the part. These are just suggestions though and some of the things I do that work for me. I do find it better than an empty pocket book though and I don't have to worry about closet space that way either.:happy: Ericka Kay

Marcie Sexton
12-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Girl, tell me about it....

My wife tells me I'm worse than she had ever been:heehee: But I just cant help myself...I have really gotten in the the pencil skirts...but if there is a bright side to this is none of my shopping has taken away from my family...

Love those clothes

ErikaLeigh
12-22-2006, 09:33 AM
I am in the same boat too. I have so many shoes I dont have enough room for them now. And I keep buying more clothes and shoes. I have way too much make up too, and everytime I see a cute color of nail polish I cant resist. Will it ever stop? I sure hope not. Do I need a bigger closet? Oh Yeah! :D

Jocelyn Quivers
12-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Shopping is also a tremendous pick me up for me. Both my closets are overflowing with shoes, clothes, hosiery etc, from all of the times I've needed some retail therapy. Jocelyn

tncdjennifer
12-22-2006, 09:57 AM
We all love to shop. Getting caught up in impulse buying is a problem for me, seeing something that excites me, got to buy it and take it home. Catalogs and the internet keep me more in control, i tend to just browse more and not buy.

Suzie Green
12-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh it's a phase all right...one that so far has lasted about 45 years for me! :heehee: Sales flyers, shopping mall trips with the S.O., fashion catalogs, it's all part of being a girl. Would you have it any other way? :o

Christine

Glenda58
12-22-2006, 03:17 PM
I have stop shoppimg online and out of catalogs for just that same reason. I would see something cute and buy it. On I shop femme and try on everything and by the end of the day I might have bought one thing and I feel my need to buy gone. Rush of putting on a dress or skirt in the fitting room is so high that I'm good for days. Besides my closet can't hold much more.

suzy
12-22-2006, 03:23 PM
I need shoppers anonymous!!! I have shopped until I have no money left until next payday...it's worse than liquor or drugs....OMG.. had a thought...what if I had other habits too?!!:eek:

Brianne_bc
12-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Shoes. Or as of latly boots. Im buying a pair a week roughly. Good brand names too.... Yup Im an addict....

webber_k
12-22-2006, 06:12 PM
its so nice to know that im not alone in this i just wish i had more money and more space and more time so i can shop more lol

Jodi
12-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Let me explain the difference. Women shop all the time. The difference is that they shop, enjoy trying on, but they don't always buy something. For women, shopping is a social experience. When a man is feeling down and lonely, he can go to a bar by himself and sit and socialize. A lone woman can't do this. When she needs to get out among people and socialize, she goes shopping. I learned this when I worked at New York & Co and the Limited. We had the same customers come in every week. They would spend over an hour trying things on and socializing, but rarely bought something, unless it was on sale.

What the above girls must learn to do is to shop for the fun and experience, but not be an impulsive buyer.

I also have way too many clothes, shoes, jewelry, and makeup, but I continue to shop regularly. The difference is that I shop, but, not always buy. I shop in the same stores where they know me. They don't always expect me to buy, but they expect me to come in and shop.

That is the difference. Know when something is a "must have"; know when an item is needed to complete a certain outfit. You must also know when to say no to yourself. Most women know how to do this.

Jodi

Kenix
12-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I need shoppers anonymous!!! I have shopped until I have no money left until next payday...it's worse than liquor or drugs....OMG.. had a thought...what if I had other habits too?!!:eek:

I have a Xbox 360 and the games aren't cheap :eek:

Now I have to go get the $100 Newport News gift card so I can get a free $25 card...

Kate Simmons
12-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Very well spoken Jodi. I think you hit the nail on the head. I have observed this myself with my wife. In fact I used to get frustrated going with her when she didn't buy anything. She wanted me for moral support and a second opinion. Now I understand what it was all about.:happy: