PDA

View Full Version : A joke that would have been a great offer

heathr1
12-22-2006, 08:22 AM
Last night at our works Christmas party I got chatting to a GG on another table from a different group/company.

We told each other what we and our co-workers did and she explained she works for a local company that sells wedding dresses.

She jokingly said to me 'I can sort you out with a great wedding dress if you wish'.

I laughed it off and she then said 'You'd be surprised, we do get a few men who buy wedding dresses from us'.

What was the last joke/tease a GG mentioned to you?

marie354
12-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey... Go get fitted. Could be a lot of fun. I'd sure be tempted.
:hugs: :love: :hugs:

Bonnie D
12-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi Heathr!

I don't think she was joking or teasing you. It sounds like she was flirting with you. You should have taken her up on the offer and made arrangements to at least go and try some gowns on. Unless you have an SO then leave well enough alone.

Joke/tease: not exactly what you are looking for but - I was giving my daughter and her boyfriend a drive somewhere. She had earlier in the day driven in heels for the first time and she commented to me how difficult it is. I said, "I know" and then we laughed. Her boyfriend asked her how I would know. She said that it was a joke and that's why we're laughing. I'm not out so she doesn't realize that I do know and it does take getting used to.

Bonnie

Charolette time
12-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Last night at our works Christmas party I got chatting to a GG on another table from a different group/company.

We told each other what we and our co-workers did and she explained she works for a local company that sells wedding dresses.

She jokingly said to me 'I can sort you out with a great wedding dress if you wish'.

I laughed it off and she then said 'You'd be surprised, we do get a few men who buy wedding dresses from us'.

What was the last joke/tease a GG mentioned to you?

And who knows maybe you would get a discount:heehee: and she could fit you personelly, go for it Im envious, Charolette

Billijo49504
12-22-2006, 08:53 AM
It might be fun to do, BUT, there is always is one, all your co workers might then know about you. I think I'd rather go out of town, to shop for a wedding dress, then to be outed at work....BJ

Karren H
12-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Get her name???? lol Last year after working at a school function where we had to wear red aprons, my wife said "do you want me to untie yours" and I said NO! I kind of like it! and her best friend chimed in....Then why don't you just wear it home and crossdress....!! I could have kissed her....my wife did NOT think it was funny!!!

Love Karren

CalvinKlein
12-23-2006, 12:36 AM
i've gotten the old "you've got your panties in a bunch" and usually reply that's impossible - i'm wearing a thong.

i've also been made fun of on the golf course for leaving a putt short "get it there, mary" or "you better put a skirt on" ... if they only knew.

Eugenie
12-23-2006, 03:03 AM

GGs tend to know more about us that they dare say they do... They also tend to be nice and don't like to make us feel bad...

I'd bet that she's read you through some minute hints... That's what's often improperly feminine intuition...

I'd ask her what made her think that you might be interested to try a wedding dress on... After all she was the one to open the subject too the discussion...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kate Simmons
12-23-2006, 03:10 AM
I'd have called her bluff, Hon but that's just me. I'm nutty to begin with.:heehee:

Lawren
12-23-2006, 08:34 AM
It's usually the other way around with me. I make the joke and judge the reaction. I have done this twice while shopping for a wedding dress for Kerry, my fiance. One lady said I could try one on and the other reacted exactly like a brick wall would have.

Rachel Morley
12-23-2006, 01:31 PM
A joke?...maybe not...female intuition...she totally knew you were a cder. You should totally take her up on it. :D