PDA

View Full Version : Fingernail Fun

Donna Marie
12-22-2006, 11:39 AM
A couple of days ago I decided to do my fingernails. I have long nails that I often coat with Nutra Nail. My explanation if asked is that I used to bite my nails down to the quick, but after I retired I suddenly was able to stop that and let them grow out. However, they are sometimes brittle so I use the Nutra Nail. I've never had any problem with that so far, not even at my very conservative church. BTW, I also keep my arms and legs shaved.

But this time I went a bit farther out on the limb. I did them with Cover Girl No. 048 Power Pink. Initially I planned to remove it before going out in drab, but an interesting thing happened - This polish is weird - in some light it looks just like the Nutra Nail with no color - in other light you can see a pink tint, but nothing really evident. So I kept it on. I've been to the supermarket and I've been out numerous times with the dog and no problemo!! Of course, I don't flaunt my hands and wave them around, but I just so what has to be done. And I just luuuuuuuuv the look!

Anybody else do this sort of stuff?

juliek
12-22-2006, 04:32 PM
I decided to go out and about today wearing mascara and a very light colored eye shadow on just my eyelids. I interacted with the desk clerk at my hotel, the cashier at a liquor store and the SA at a lingerie store. Nobody said anything, but I noticed both of the women I interacted with smiled a lot at me when I talked to them.

Melinda
12-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Yep, I keep my fingernails pretty long and paint them with Orly Nails for Males. It's a matte finish so it's not all shiny. I can tell they're painted but nobody else has noticed yet.

Of course, whenever I get a chance out comes the polish remover and the blood red or bright pink! ;)

-Belinda

Kristen Marie
12-22-2006, 11:16 PM
I started keeping my nails a bit longer this fall and nicely filed as well. It took a couple of weeks to get them where I want and now it is easier to lightly trim them. But, I have used the new hard foam buffers they sell in the mall or CVS. One side of the buffer roughs the nails up a bit and the other side puts on a beautiful shine for 2 or 3 days....almost to the point of french nails.

I have not used any nail polish, but it sure looks it! I've have had some very nice compliments from a few woman.

Phyliss
12-23-2006, 04:50 AM
I use the Sally Hanson "Hard As Nails" clear gloss. I keep my nails about 1/4 inch long and am very careful to keep them covered with gloves when working. I've had a few comments about my nails looking nice from both men and women. One lady said that mine looked better than hers. Right now they look "horrid" as I haven't had a manicure for three weeks and doubt I'll have time before Christmas.

Janailene
12-23-2006, 09:06 AM
My nails are also about 1/4 inch long. Shopping at Nordstroms last week with my wife, as the SA took my credit card, she told me how beautiful my nails were - better than most of the women. I use Sally Hanson in a light pink that the nail shows through. She then checked out my mascara, blush-on and lip gloss.

gabismith73
12-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Since fingenail polishing is not one of my strong points, I like to use those beautiful stick on nails that are available in different colors. My favorite are Kiss products; you put them on in one single step (they are sold pre-glued) and I've noticed they stick to your natural nails much stronger than others.

Rachel Morley
12-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I just luuuuuuuuv the look! Anybody else do this sort of stuff?
Yep! I wear shiny clear for work, but at the weekends I wear French. My wife has taken to giving me a "home version" French manicure on my own (now very long) fingernails every Friday night. I wear this in boy mode the whole time. :D Here's how my hand look at weekends.

http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/107/frenchmanicurepm0.jpg

Kristen Kelly
12-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Since fingenail polishing is not one of my strong points, I like to use those beautiful stick on nails that are available in different colors. My favorite are Kiss products; you put them on in one single step (they are sold pre-glued) and I've noticed they stick to your natural nails much stronger than others.

Most of the girls I go out with use Kiss products, I think the CD population is a major contributer in the profits of the company.....may be time to invest in their stock, I've been contributing to their profits.

Alicecd
12-23-2006, 08:18 PM
It has been a long time since I have been here but am back now.

I just moved to Dallas and my nails were in rough shape so I thought it was time to get my nails done.

I found a place neare me that was open late and decided to see if they had time for a manicure and pedicure and was told no problem. The attendant was surprised to see my toes with a french pedicure on them. I told her I liked the look of them and she asked me if I would like something Christmasy so I said sure. They could not have been nicer and there was one other woman having hers done a few chairs down from me. She said she was seeing more and more men in having their nails done. The other workers there kept on walking by to see what I was getting done and complimented me on how nice they looked.

The results were amazing and I love my new toes. Goes to show you if you just go in and let them know what you want, you will be surprised at the service you get.

Joyciecd
12-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I have my nails long, and acrylic every two weeks or so. The other day I had a cute Christmas tree in sort of jewel thingys put on my left ring fingure nail. I also have 2 or 3 coats f clear on them, and they shine brilliantly! (Toenails are pink.)

crusadergirl
12-25-2006, 01:23 AM
I always have my toenails painted and i always forget that i have them painted my grand parents noticed then yesterday. They didn't seem to happy so i told them i would take them to get there nails done. As for my finger nails i paint them a light pink are red and i also forget to take it off. I never use to care what my finger nails looked like till now, and most of my friends think i'm pretty good at painting them. They don't know i cd. I have a marine blue color which is what my grand parents saw yesterday.

Vash
12-25-2006, 01:50 AM
But this time I went a bit farther out on the limb. I did them with Cover Girl No. 048 Power Pink. Initially I planned to remove it before going out in drab, but an interesting thing happened - This polish is weird - in some light it looks just like the Nutra Nail with no color - in other light you can see a pink tint, but nothing really evident. So I kept it on. I've been to the supermarket and I've been out numerous times with the dog and no problemo!! Of course, I don't flaunt my hands and wave them around, but I just so what has to be done. And I just luuuuuuuuv the look!

Anybody else do this sort of stuff?

I have found the same thing with OPI Hawaiian Orchid. In day light can't even tell it's on but in fluorescent light ( I think) it looked pretty obvious. This is the reason I like to wear it so much, I can be girly and no one really notices

Vash
12-25-2006, 02:09 AM
It has been a long time since I have been here but am back now.

I just moved to Dallas and my nails were in rough shape so I thought it was time to get my nails done.

I found a place neare me that was open late and decided to see if they had time for a manicure and pedicure and was told no problem. The attendant was surprised to see my toes with a french pedicure on them. I told her I liked the look of them and she asked me if I would like something Christmasy so I said sure. They could not have been nicer and there was one other woman having hers done a few chairs down from me. She said she was seeing more and more men in having their nails done. The other workers there kept on walking by to see what I was getting done and complimented me on how nice they looked.

The results were amazing and I love my new toes. Goes to show you if you just go in and let them know what you want, you will be surprised at the service you get.

WOW I really like your pedicure.Brianna Lovely inspired me to do a holiday pedicure (thanks Brianna) so I went with a snowflake over OPI Chick flick cherry. The snowflake is actually painted on and not a decal.I was surprised by that and the woman who does my pedicures is a real artisan.
Here is what it looks like.

http://crossdressers.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

myMichelle
12-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Beautiful nails, Alice! Very cute look. Nice sandals, too...LOL A girl has to have cute sandals to match her cute nails, right?

There's just something about having a pedicure that makes me feel so...feminine!

JoAnnDallas
12-27-2006, 09:37 AM
I am one of those people that seem to have very bad nails. They would crack, pell, chip, brake, and have ridges running down the nail. Then right after I move here to Dallas in 2005, I was staying at my sisters and her granddaughter was getting married. My sister, I, granddaughter, and groom sent to my sister's nail salon the morning before the wedding. I had a nail split down a ridge the night before and when the nail tech saw it said she could fix my nails so that they would not do that anymore. So I ended up with a full set of acrylic nails. I have had them ever sense and have not regredded them at all. I also became a regular at the nail salon and later started getting the full works when I would go in. Pedicure, manicure, and fill. I had been painting my nails and toes when I would dress and day, I forgot to take off the toe nail polish when I went to may nail salon. When I took my socks off, Tina just looked at them and never said a word. When she was finished with my feet, she asked if I wanted them polished. I said yes and she selected a nice bright Red and polished them. I have had polished toe nails ever sense too. LOL Now adays, when I go in, I get the full works, Pedicure, toe nail polish, manicue, fill, and eyebrow waxed.

suzy
12-27-2006, 11:14 AM
The closest that I have come is to keep my fingernails well manicured and I also enjoy clear polish...while in drab...but at the first chance I get the dark red nail polish and paint them all!!! Good thing polish remover is so inexpensive!!!:D

marie354
12-27-2006, 11:30 AM
I've never had mine done professionally, but I like to paint them as oftin and for as long as I can.
Reciently, I've begun to grow my nails longer and my SO showed me how to file them to a nice fem shape. No one has noticed their shape when their not painted.
I'm just lovin' it! (I never eat at Mickey Dee's)
:hugs:

JoAnnDallas
12-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Marie.......look around and find a good place.....then make a appointment for yourself and your wife.......go in and have the works Pedicure/manicure/toes painted and get yourself a full set of nails. Make sure you wife gets the full pamper treatment too. Your wife will thank you very much.

Hugs

JoAnn

Katrina
12-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Yep! I wear shiny clear for work, but at the weekends I wear French. My wife has taken to giving me a "home version" French manicure on my own (now very long) fingernails every Friday night. I wear this in boy mode the whole time. :D Here's how my hand look at weekends.

Angel, those are AWESOME! I wish I had the guts and my SO was cool enough with it for me to go out in boy mode with those!

Karen Francis
12-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I make a point of taking care of my hands, lotion several times a day, careful with the nails, gloves when working anything. Over a few weeks it will do wonders to feminize your hands and nails.
First Time adventure:
I went to a nail salon that just opened near home. I went in in a slightly feminine top, feminine jeans, and some Easy Spirit womens caual shoes. I told Tina the early 20's nail tech I wanted a manicure, as feminine as possible because I was going out in drag that night. She was very helpful and excited as I was, she explained the entire process. It helped that no one else was in the shop for the whole time. I left with a slight shade of pink on the nails, nice and shiny. Left it on for at least a week. No one seems to notice.
Went back a few days ago and did the pedicure and manicure. One of the most satisfying experiences ever. Tina was happy to see me, understands now what this customer needs, left with hot pink nails and toes. Will have to get rid of the hot pink on the fingers in a few days, but will do it over again and encourage everyone to have some Fingernail fun

Rachel Morley
12-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Angel, those are AWESOME! I wish I had the guts and my SO was cool enough with it for me to go out in boy mode with those!
Thanks Katrina :hugs: I do get the occasional smile from GG cashiers at supermarkets and drive through restaurants when I hand over my money, but other than that, It's fairly easy to get away with depending on how you hold your hands. :happy:

Stacy Lyn
12-28-2006, 03:21 AM
I have been painting my toes for about five months with a vary pale pink. No one has noticed, even when I shower after playing hockey. I like having my little secret.

Joy Carter
12-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Has anyone with large hands ever get professional acrylic nails done +? My thumbs alone are 3/4 wide by about 7/8 long. I messed around with store bought "Kiss" nails but they never looked right. :o So can salons fit them to my size digits +?