PDA

View Full Version : Photo of the Year

lowlavalentine
12-22-2006, 07:42 PM
Many of us have a photo taken within the past year that we are particularly proud of, has special significance or brings back memories. It would be interesting to share your "photos of the year" and their accompanying stories.

I choose this one. It is remarkable from several perspectives. It was taken with my good friemd Sheri at an event attended by many of my cd friends. It was the first time I had been out on the town in a long time. I had a chance to wear a beautiful gown and dance the night away in heels.

It is also the last photo taken of me in 2006.

I was diagnosed with cancer within 2 weeks of the shutter clicking. It's interesting to look back at it. I don't look all that sick. No obvious hint of trouble ahead. It was one of the best times of my life, immediately before one of the worst. Although I'm back healthy I haven't resumed dressing yet. Multiple reasons for this, some of which have more merit than others. But when I think about it, the photo of the year has yet to be taken. Whether it happens before midnight New Years Eve or not it will be the next photo out of the camera.

I wish you all good health, beauty and hope for 2007

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-5/1020887/SheriLowlaManzoscup.jpg

Tina Dixon
12-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Beautiful for sure, but not as beautiful as still having you with us.

Andrea Nicole
12-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Lowla,
Hi,
I sure hope you beat that terrible disease. May GOD smile on you thru this and all endeavors.
Oh, I really like you pic. You are definitely GG material.

My friend wanted some "studio" type photos of me, and so I had a series of photos done at Glamour Shots a few years ago. These are 2 of my favorites. Sorry for the poor quality, I had to scan the originals film prints, and since then I have sorta messed them up.

Huggs,
Andi...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/AndiNic/a056a.jpg

MsEva
12-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I am very glad that you are on the mend. I pray that you keep your health. As for your picture of the year..you look so happy. I am glad for your good health and for your friends.

MJ
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
hi there i love your picture. i will look through mine. but i thing the best is coming. anyway love the pictures

genevieve
12-22-2006, 10:47 PM
you have met a difficult enemy and you are so elegant, i had cancer at the age of six, the treatment was quite harsh but am soon to be 46 and the mirror shows th enemy did not win, you stay strong and stay as pretty as you wish to be there will be many more photos but the one you have shared is the picture of the decade, hugs:hugs:

Katelyn
12-22-2006, 11:09 PM
I like this one because I didn't care if I looked passable or not. I was just having fun and feeling like a girl! I hope you stay well despite your diagnosis. My prayers go with you!

ArleneRaquel
12-22-2006, 11:29 PM
We all wish you well. Maureen

Gingerbaby
12-22-2006, 11:45 PM
You are going to have a wonderful year in 2007...we all are here for you.. luv gingerbaby

StayceeCD
12-23-2006, 01:22 AM
I wish you a healthy and happy 2007 -8-9-10-11-etc, etc, etc.. I love your pic you look happy, healthy! and beautiful! May you be around to take such classy pics when you're 80!! :hugs:
Staycee

windycissy
12-23-2006, 01:30 AM
First and foremost, here's hoping that your health issues are behind you and that 2007 is the best year ever for you!

As for my favorite picture this year, I guess I have to go with this one, which was taken by my "date" before he took me out to dinner. It was summertime, and we went to the pool together and then he mixed cocktails in my hotel room while I changed into my little black dress:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d623b3127cce8bb238489bbb00000035108IatWLlw0aW

CDTiffany
12-23-2006, 02:27 AM
You all are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
Tiffany

suzy
12-23-2006, 02:49 AM
Lowla Valentine,

I am praying for your continued healing. :hugs:

Your picture is beautiful. So radiant, carefree and loving. Wonderful idea for a thread. Thank you! All of the ladies look wonderful! Uplifting to look at the photos and read the comments.:love:

kerrianna
12-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Wow, you're beautiful. I hope you are able to keep giving us more from you in 2007. I love your attitude. :love:

kerrianna
12-23-2006, 03:11 AM
First and foremost, here's hoping that your health issues are behind you and that 2007 is the best year ever for you!

As for my favorite picture this year, I guess I have to go with this one, which was taken by my "date" before he took me out to dinner. It was summertime, and we went to the pool together and then he mixed cocktails in my hotel room while I changed into my little black dress:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d623b3127cce8bb238489bbb00000035108IatWLlw0aW

sigh....:daydreaming: That is such a wonderful summertime memory...keeps us warm in cold winter weather...:happy:

saraleehanes
12-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Lowla,

I always enjoyed your photos from the first time I saw them on the net some years ago.

Great look, great legs. WOW factor dear.

If memory is correct, aren't you a medical professional? I bet it is tough to be on the other side.

Many wishes.
Sara

vermontlady
12-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Dearest lowla-
I am happy to see you are doing much better, and i truly have to say that no matter what we go through, it is how you feel on the inside. that counts. You are a beautiful women, and keep up the continued recovery my friend.
Chrissy

PS- I pray you have a healthy and happy 2007

Lisa X
12-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Lowla:

We all take too many things for granted especially our health and when we get sick or injured, we realized how difficult life can be. Thanks for sharing your story and wishing you a speedy recovery.

I have not taken any new pictures this year, just have been too busy. Need to slow down from time to time to reflect and appreciate what I have, and ejoy the simple things.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all

Lisa

gabismith73
12-23-2006, 10:10 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/PrncssSammy/PoolTable1.jpg

First real outfit I wore, even though it came from my mom's closet :heehee: Plus, good picture if I do say so myself :happy: :D

~Juliet~

Love that velvet dress and coat. You look wonderfully girly! :love:
Hugs, Gabi.

ronna
12-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Terrible news about your diagnosis, Lowla, but I do want to say that you and your friend are two of the lovliest ladies I have ever laid eyes on. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you can "wow" us even more soon!

windycissy
12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
sigh....:daydreaming: That is such a wonderful summertime memory...keeps us warm in cold winter weather...:happy:

The memory helps get me through these Chicago winters! Here's a picture that he took of me at the pool before we went upstairs to get dressed for dinner:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d623b3127cce8bb238591a9a00000055108IatWLlw0aW

Bethanygirl
12-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't have many pictures taken of me, but this one was taken last spring on my wife's birthday. I had taken her to lunch with my daughter, and she took this photo of me with my Loretta, I had fun that day.

occdresser
12-23-2006, 11:10 PM
If you think that is an attractive picture, you are absolutely correct.:love: :thumbsup: hot!

DeniseNJ
12-23-2006, 11:35 PM
IowLavalentine :; Hi Denise here >>> first off I want to say be strong, I hope the best for ya!!. and a speed recovery.. Second, I want to say what a beautiful picture of you and your friend ..You both look great, you remind me of Sandra Bullock , Your feminine look is totally perfect. and if you did your own make-up Bravo :thumbsup:

DeniseNJ
12-24-2006, 12:01 AM
The first time shaving in years .I love this pic and the heels feel great Merry Christmas all