PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing keeps us young...

Karren H
12-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Way too many Christmas party's this year....and too much food!! But went out with a group of old friends and excoworkers Friday night and a few of them noticed that as a group they were looking pretty old and gray.......all except you!! Yeah you, the one with the brownish red hair....and no gray....that ordered the Kungo Pao Chicken.... the clean shaven one with the thin eyebrows...plumpish lips....lol

So I told them that my ice hockey and my hobbies keep me young!! (no one asked about my hobbies ....). And when asked why my hair wasn't gray like theirs...."Only my hairdresser knows for sure!!" hehe. "L'Oreal light brown....." "Your kidding? It looks great and so natural" Sooo, people do notice!!!

:D

Well I couldn't stop smiling all night.... How has crossdressing helped you in the battle against time??

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
12-23-2006, 08:53 AM
A lot of less stress for damn sure Karr. Plus you know how much I like to dance. Good for the cardiovascular system you know. My Doctor sure liked it when I told him that.:thumbsup: :happy:

Sally24
12-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Yes, it is one of the best kept secrets, crossdressing is the fountain of youth!

Seriously though, keeping your weight down, being active, taking care of your skin, avoiding smoking and excessive drinking, watching your appearance (yes, I just started coloring my white hair too), watching what you eat. These all make you a small minority. Most people don't take very good care of themselves. A number of men at my class reunion (30th), looked 10-15 years older than they were. Me, without the grey hair, maybe 5 or 10 years younger than I really am. With make-up and a nice outfit, probably more like 10-15 years younger!

There are some pretty good upside things to being a CD!

Sally

Deidra Cowen
12-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Karen I think you are right. CDing helps us stay young. I am well into my forties but everyone remarks on how young i look. But that really did not start till I began dressing two years ago.

The big factors are that while not skinny I do constantly diet and go to the gym. Then I have a big skin care program for my face. I notice sometimes even in guy mode my skin has a glow to it for a few hours after I shave and before the shadow comes back.

Then heck we are big on grooming like you say. Shaved arms, plucked eyebrows all tend to make us look younger.

Phyliss
12-23-2006, 09:10 AM
"How has crossdressing helped you in the battle against time??"

Other than the loosing battle against hair loss, I've been able to keep my weight down and take better care of my face. My posture has improved and in general my total attitude has gotten better, thereby giving me a bit more "spring" in my step.
Having way too much fun to bother "getting old".

cdeeko
12-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I totally agree I am 35 years old but enjoying the eightteen to twenty good feelings of being the Punk "gurl" i never was.

Long live the fun.:hugs: :devil:

Angela E.
12-23-2006, 09:28 AM
I too get compliments on how young I look all the time.Maybe it`s a little gift to make up for all the other crap we have to take.-Angela.:GD: :GD: :GE: :GD: :GD:

Chiana
12-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Karren, I feel the same way. I often receive comments that I look much younger than I am. And like others have said, I look significantly younger than all of my contemporaries. Sally is right, I think both the desire to keep the weight down and generally taking care of ourselves are factors. I also noticed when I wasn't shaving my body that the grey chest hairs were a negative impact on my self image. Right now, the only negative I have in caring for my appearance is spending too much time in the sun playing golf. I cover with SPF 50 sunblock, but it still has a negative impact. A couple of weeks ago, I had a golf course pro who argued with me that there was absolutely no way that I qualified for a senior discount. I did. :heehee:

Penny
12-23-2006, 09:54 AM
:iagree: With everyone plus makeup and wig help a lot too!:heehee:

:hugs:

Penny

Lisa X
12-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I have always looked young for my age. I hated that when I was younger because in business or social settings, it was difficult to be taken seriously when I looked like a kid. I was getting carded well into my thirties. Now that I am over 40, I love looking young. Especially when I am en femme. I can dress like a women in her late 20s or early 30s and wear all the hip clothes.

Take care all

Lisa

tncdjennifer
12-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Dressing is a motivator to keep an eye on your wieght and conditioning, at least for me it is.

Calliope
12-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Yup, taking better care of our bodies is one big plus to the life.

Sophia Rearen
12-23-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm actually 106 years old. I've dressed a number of times.

Kate Simmons
12-23-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm actually 106 years old. I've dressed a number of times.Nah , get outta here Sophia, you don't look a day over 85 Hon.:hiding: :battingeyelashes: :happy:

stelli_cd
12-23-2006, 03:34 PM
:love: Yesterday after battleing the Christmas crowds at wallmart I stopped the local pub , My 27 year old blond bombshell bartender asked me if I was losing weight, that I looked more trim, he ! he ! I did have just a little powder and light lipstick, and was underdressed , does that girl know how to get a tip or is it my crossdressing ?

JenniferMint
12-23-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm a TG instead of a CD, but I've had people think I'm 17 while in guy mode (I'm really 24). I think it's because of:

* beard removal
* thinner eyebrows
* estrogen

Sierra Evon
12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
still just a cute teenge Japanese Schoolgirl, at heart.........:happy:

Keely
12-23-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't know. I took some pictures today and all of a sudden I think I look alot older. The avatar is from today.

Amy Hepker
12-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I know it keeps me young Karren, I lost my grey after getting way from my Xwife and started dressing again. Besides I am 15 years younger when I am dressed.

Jodi
12-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes, I do look young for my age. I am constantly taken for someone in his early 40's. (I am 61-close to 62). Just like Karren, only my hairdresser knows for sure on my nice brown hair. I have had my hair professionally done for 15 years. I also work out and keep my 30" waist. I do daily skin care with exfoliating gel and body lotion. I also use SPF 45 sunscreen or above when outdoors in the summer. I have a nice fitting pair of New York & Co stretch, lowrise jeans that I wear frequently as a guy. A while back, someone ask me why I was wearing lowrise jeans. My answer--because I can.

Jodi

Lilith Moon
12-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Another one here, running/swimming/cycling + healthy eating=young looking

Plus L'Oreal Golden Brown :D

marie354
12-23-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm not that young or in the best of health anymore, but most of the time people peg me at 43-44. In male mode. I love it!
:hugs:

Bethanygirl
12-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know about the crossdressing, but hormones do wonders for your skin!

julia46
12-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Dry skin and too much sun ages you, but amny CDs tend to be darker with more oily skin. And the youthful approach to life helps!

julia46
12-23-2006, 08:48 PM
Oh and a good foundation!

Glenda58
12-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes looking younger than my 59 years. With skin care and watch my weight to stay in a size 8. And dancing.

MarinaTwelve200
12-23-2006, 09:19 PM
I definately look YOUNGER than my 57 years.--At least when I CD:D

crusadergirl
12-24-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm 26 and most ppl think i'm 16 or 17. I don't know if its b/c i cd but that helps me stay in shape. I workout alot more. I just have to learn to eat right and i will be on my way to look better.