PDA

View Full Version : how far is too far

DarleneCD
12-24-2006, 01:55 AM
I set boundries with my dressing that protects my family, job, and community from knowing anything about Darlene. However, everytime I am feeling really good about being Darlene the urge hits to step out in public.

There I go sneaking a dress and drive to do something trivial, even though if I were to hit a deer and the police came I would be all over the papers the next morning. So many of us do it here but I just don't want to risk what is stable in my life. I am at a crossroads, how can I be the girl I want to be without mucking everything up everywhere else. We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town. Then we can all take trips there and live it up like the girls that we are. Ahhhhhh if only.

Luv You Girls

Dar

Jennaie
12-24-2006, 02:31 AM
With the concerns that you have, which are very valid, I think your right in leaving things as they are, at least for now.:hugs:

Joy Carter
12-24-2006, 04:50 AM
Hi Darlene. Myself I'm to well know so I drive North to the next city where I have friends. The rest is a history unfolding at the moment.:D

ErikaLeigh
12-24-2006, 08:20 AM
I too can relate. I am in a position of being well known, and if outed I would suffer great consequences. But I am also feeling couped up as of late and cant seem to help doing things that are very risky ( going for a pedi, wearing my femme boots in drab, etc). Anyway, When are we going to put CD town USA together? Im all in.

joan42
12-24-2006, 08:44 AM
We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town. Then we can all take trips there and live it up like the girls that we are. Ahhhhhh if only.

Could I go Deer Hunting there?:heehee:

Im in the same boat Darlene, must protect the loved ones 1st.:hugs:

marie354
12-24-2006, 08:48 AM
CD Town! Yea! Let's see... It'll have to have lots of dress shops, and of course housing for all that would come... That could be a problem being that we are a growing population, but hey that's what expansion is for.
Have we got an architect here? Let's build a town!
:D :hugs:

Angie G
12-24-2006, 08:51 AM
If there is deer huntint I'm in :hugs:
Angie

older not wiser
12-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi Darlene, I know exactly what you mean, I too am in the same boat. The town thing seems like a real good idea, count me in as well and also count on me Just think of the possiblities, "no more sneaking around, wearing what we want, going out all the time with everyone in town etc etc". Just tkinking about it is giving me goose bumps.

:love: BonnieAnne

Amy Hepker
12-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Just be very careful, but I really dought that they would put it in the papers that you a crossdresser hit a deer. You just have to be real careful. You may come in contact with people, I guess it depends on how you react how they react.

kathy gg
12-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Darlene
Is there is a city nearby where you can go and *get lost* so to speak?

If not, consider planning a weekend get away the next time a cd convention comes up out of town.

I mean, if your wife is aware {although you did not state that}, I am sure she would much rather you be out of your immediate area and dress than take a chance driving in your town and having something like you think about happen.

I dont' think there is anything wrong with going out, but planning and thinking in advance will usually work better than a spontaneous trip.

Lisa X
12-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I always say if there is a will there is a way. You can try attending a cross dresser convention (in a town far far away), or take cross dressing vacations. I view my cross dressing as a hobby, and I have fun with it. I think of it as a gift not a burden. Enjoy your "gift".

Take care
Lisa

crossing-the-rain
12-24-2006, 10:37 AM
May I name your "DREAM TOWN" as " OUR WONDERLAND"
Rain

crossing-the-rain
12-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm also at the cross road ,in the same boat,have the same wishes,I'm a well known CD,you won't believe how much troubles you would face unless you decided go ahead no matter how,problem is I have not got into that level yet Make up your mind to go ahead ,stay in the present stage or quits asap.
Otherwise,don't be crossing the road in the crossing rain .
Rain.

Olesja_CD
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
oh no, a CD town wont be fun. then none of use would be special !!! . (http://candy.b0b.org/forums/):heehee:

MJ
12-24-2006, 05:08 PM
hey dar
why don't you come up here. i will take you out. who knows you this side of the border? anyone. if thats too fer then i agree why not travel out of town get a room and paint the town red :D
hugs Marissa

Penny
12-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Where ever CD town is established, it will have to be near crossroads; we're always at a crossroad! It will also have to be on a lake; we are always in the same boat. And of course, it will have to have a creek running through it;
how could we get up it without a paddle. To my of thinking it should have no city limits; we've been limited far too long!:heehee:

:hugs:

Penny

joan42
12-24-2006, 06:28 PM
just a thought Darlene: http://fantasiafair.org/home/index.htm

P-Town may just be the most tolerant town on the planet.
not too far from NJ either. :hugs:

Bethanygirl
12-24-2006, 07:17 PM
The gays tried this with Lake Alpine in California in the seventies. It didn't fly, we have to be brave enough to blaze new trails for future generations by coming out wherever we live. That said, it is true many of the older cd's have invested in a life for decades that would seem impossible to damage given the current social opinion. I guess it is up to the younger cd's primarily, to swallow their fears, come out into public, and demand their rights. Sooner or later someone is going to have to, because we are NOT going to go away...
Oh well, Merry Xmas, and Viva La Transgendered!
:love:

TxKimberly
12-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I set boundries with my dressing that protects my family, job, and community from knowing anything about Darlene. However, everytime I am feeling really good about being Darlene the urge hits to step out in public.

There I go sneaking a dress and drive to do something trivial, even though if I were to hit a deer and the police came I would be all over the papers the next morning. So many of us do it here but I just don't want to risk what is stable in my life. I am at a crossroads, how can I be the girl I want to be without mucking everything up everywhere else. We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town. Then we can all take trips there and live it up like the girls that we are. Ahhhhhh if only.

Luv You Girls

Dar
Wow - if you figure it out please let me know!
I am not ashamed of being TG, but I wouldn't consider letting most people know about because I can't risk loosing my job, or having my children picked on. I have no idea how to draw the line between what we all WANT to do and what we SHOULD do.

Kim (every bit as confused as you)

trannie T
12-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Once I cross the county line most any city is CD Town. If I lived in a real CD Town I would really stand out. I'd be the one wearing jeans and a flannel shirt.

marie354
12-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow - if you figure it out please let me know!
I am not ashamed of being TG, but I wouldn't consider letting most people know about because I can't risk loosing my job, or having my children picked on. I have no idea how to draw the line between what we all WANT to do and what we SHOULD do.

Kim (every bit as confused as you)

Kim, I look at your avatar... And I really wonder just how you can have another part as a guy! You don't do you? As good as you look, how do you pass for a guy, really.
Merry Christmas!

DarleneCD
12-25-2006, 10:44 AM
hey dar
why don't you come up here. i will take you out. who knows you this side of the border? anyone. if thats too fer then i agree why not travel out of town get a room and paint the town red :D
hugs Marissa

Thanks Marissa. You never know I make take you up on that sometime.
It seems that leaviing town to be Darlene is the only choice for me at this point. Thats ok, I like traveling.

Still would like to visit CD town though.......

Thanks again

Dar

Kimberly
12-25-2006, 10:45 AM
We need to take over an entire town and call it CD Town.
Good plan... anyone got a batallion of tanks and a spare few thousand soldiers?

TxKimberly
12-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Kim, I look at your avatar... And I really wonder just how you can have another part as a guy! You don't do you? As good as you look, how do you pass for a guy, really.
Merry Christmas!
Marie,

Thank you, but . . .
What you DON'T see when you look at the pictures I share, is the 90% that I discarded with a shudder because they made it very clear I was a guy in a dress. It's only the very small percentage of pics, where the moon and the stars have all aligned in some miracle, that look good enough for me to be willing to share them.

Kim (The vain and fussy)

Marcie Sexton
12-25-2006, 12:00 PM
You girls have no idea what its like here, well maybe one:rolleyes: ....but if we want to really go out and "relax" you're looking at atleast an hour drive north or northwest to either C'town or L'ton...

my wife and I have ventured out in the evening though for drives and some reckless window shopping...:heehee:

We are planning to try Atlanta for the Southern Comfort Convention this year though:happy:

Kristen Kelly
12-25-2006, 12:13 PM
The gays tried this with Lake Alpine in California in the seventies. It didn't fly, we have to be brave enough to blaze new trails for future generations by coming out wherever we live. That said, it is true many of the older cd's have invested in a life for decades that would seem impossible to damage given the current social opinion. I guess it is up to the younger cd's primarily, to swallow their fears, come out into public, and demand their rights. Sooner or later someone is going to have to, because we are NOT going to go away...
Oh well, Merry Xmas, and Viva La Transgendered!
:love:

Yeah Girl, Im with you, stand our ground get out where we are. I don't want to be hiding in the shadows I go out often in my own town in daylight, and though I don't scream LOOK AT ME, I am here for all to see

DawnLabelle
12-25-2006, 12:22 PM
youre feeling this way because even though you have set plenty of boundaries for others' benefits, you are still neglecting and ignoring your own needs.

a magical faery tale CD town may not yet exist (although from what I hear San Fran is pretty close!) but it doesn't mean that you can't make your own. You want to go out?, do it. Find a safe and sane way to protect yourself in doing so, but if this is a need of yours, you shouldn't ignore it for fear of what others may think.

Dawn

julie w
12-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I find as I get older I want to cd more and more , and once you start to go out you wont to go out more and more so be careful ,If you spouse knows
ask if you can go to a cd convention , or try to go to a cd support group
there are lots around , the first place I went was wildside in toronto (on business) they did a make over on me I looked in the mirror and there was no turning back

MJ
12-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Marie,

Thank you, but . . .
What you DON'T see when you look at the pictures I share, is the 90% that I discarded with a shudder because they made it very clear I was a guy in a dress.
It's only the very small percentage of pics, where the moon and the stars have all aligned in some miracle, that look good enough for me to be willing to share them.
Kim (The vain and fussy)

hi Kim but that few pictures make you one hot babe. :D i understand as i take 10 to get just one good picture

oh and as for CD town there must be hills and mountains so we can get stuck between a rock and a hard place !!!

and DAR i mean it if you want to come up here... just call me :D and we can hook up with keria and Melissa CD and a few more and have a girls night out you will never forget ...
hugs Marissa

Kate Simmons
12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
CD town is us Darlene. We make it what it is. To have a separate "place" to go just doesn't "cut it" in my mind. We want society to accept us as is. To go to a separate "town" for "people like us" would only serve to reinforce the negative viewpoint that society already has. For better or worse, we are in the "soup". It's up to us and what we do to make it better.:happy: Ericka

Gary
12-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I am guilty of hiding in public...when i go on trips or sometimes just into neighboring towns to shop i will do my little version of dressup. That usually means a dress or skirt, bra, panties and breast enhancers. I only do this while in the car of if I stop to get out, for any reason, I change to the norm people expect to see. I have, a few times during trips stopped at rest stops and gotten out dressed this way. The times were always at night and always with possibility of being caught minimized. You can imagine the image i portray at 6'3 and 230 with a goatee, skirt and cute chest. I've often thought of what would happen if I were in an accident or wreck and people discovered me this way but always brush it off figuring i would deal with that if it ever happened. My wife, while supportive and still in the early stages of adjusting to me this way would be motified. She worries what others would think, even complete strangers. As we are both retired and have no public standing in the community I am not as concerned. I've also made a couple of late night. early morning walks thru the complex we live in. This to me is bit more risky but that hasnt stopped me those few times.