PDA

View Full Version : Bra side straps - Why do they bunch up???

racheal
01-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Good morning Girls!

I've got a new one, when wearing certain bras from certain manufacturers, the side strp that goes from the outter underwire to the back clip always seems to be bunching up on me. Though there are some bras out that that do not. Different models like sport bras seem to 'hold their shape'.

What do you wear for make and model of a bra and does it bunch up on you during the day? How do you fix it?

Myself: I use LaSenza and VS Second Skin Satin Bras. These ones always seem to cause that bunching issue, while sport bras form Nike, Addidas and Elita Sport seem to hold their form on me. Other 'no name' bra makers seem to not have that problem. Could it be the material in the bras that I am using, I do like the way that satin shines - he he.

Let me know your thoughts on this subject. I would love to know. Thanks...

LindaTS
01-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Racheal, are you refering to the band that goes around your body? If so, I think it may be a problem with that particular bra. I never had that problem unless the bra was old and needed to be taken out and shot.

Wendy me
01-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Racheal, are you refering to the band that goes around your body? If so, I think it may be a problem with that particular bra. I never had that problem unless the bra was old and needed to be taken out and shot.

sad but true sometimes we just have to say bye to a old freind :(

racheal
01-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Hmmm. They are brand new though. You may be right - just depends on the manufacturer I guess. Thanks for all of your advice. Greatly appreciated girls...

Sharon
01-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Racheal,
I've never had a problem with my bras bunching up. I would just assume that you're wearing the wrong size.

DonnaT
01-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Could they be too tight. I've a couple of tight ones, that the band rolls up on.

Wendy me
01-20-2005, 11:48 AM
just think of all the poor foke that will never know that feeling .............your a luckey girl...............................

racheal
01-20-2005, 01:02 PM
just think of all the poor foke that will never know that feeling .............your a luckey girl...............................

Thanks girls, you may be right - maybe it is the size, but of course, th elarger size I go, I won't have anough to 'fill the cups properly. :( I appreiate the information. Wendy, you as sooooo right! :)

Lily_gg
01-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Sounds like the bra is too small to me - certain brands/styles vary slightly - always best to try them on, and return if they're not right.

To measure yourself for a bra: measure around underneath your breasts, where the bra band will sit. Add five inches to this measurement, if that's an even number good, if odd, add another one. So, if you're 35 inches around, you're a size 40. If you're 34 inches around, you're also a 40.

Then, measure around the fullest part of your bust (with your forms, obviously! You can wear a bra for this bit, provided it doesn't have padding etc). Now, assuming you're the size 40 above: if this fullest-part measurement is 40, you're an A-cup, 41 is B, 42 is C etc.

www.next.co.uk have a nice little sizing guide with pictures to show you where to measure - just go into one of the clothing categories, and it should have a Sizing Guide button on the bottom left. It always used to be in both cm and inches too, not sure if it still is.

Hope that helps! :)

racheal
01-21-2005, 07:51 AM
Sounds like the bra is too small to me - certain brands/styles vary slightly - always best to try them on, and return if they're not right.

To measure yourself for a bra: measure around underneath your breasts, where the bra band will sit. Add five inches to this measurement, if that's an even number good, if odd, add another one. So, if you're 35 inches around, you're a size 40. If you're 34 inches around, you're also a 40.

Then, measure around the fullest part of your bust (with your forms, obviously! You can wear a bra for this bit, provided it doesn't have padding etc). Now, assuming you're the size 40 above: if this fullest-part measurement is 40, you're an A-cup, 41 is B, 42 is C etc.

www.next.co.uk (http://www.next.co.uk/) have a nice little sizing guide with pictures to show you where to measure - just go into one of the clothing categories, and it should have a Sizing Guide button on the bottom left. It always used to be in both cm and inches too, not sure if it still is.

Hope that helps! :)
Thank you Lilly - that's great advice! I'll go measure myself now - I think you have a good size idea there. Hmmm, most of my bras are too small then? Oh but they feel so good! I love my satin ones...

Wendy me
01-21-2005, 08:01 AM
because thay can still working on it .................almost ready............

racheal
01-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Good morning Wendy - Started a new thread - let's all get on the bus! :) (You have to be dressed to 'kill' - I know you will be too). :)

ChristineRenee
01-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Rach...save me a seat...ok?:p

racheal
01-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Rach...save me a seat...ok?:p
;) Good morning Chrstine - I started a bus thread - let's all hop on Girl - sales are awaiting us! :)

LindaTS
01-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm? I never thought of maybe the bra being too small. Oh well, sometimes we blondes are a bit slow. Giggle giggle

racheal
01-21-2005, 08:25 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm? I never thought of maybe the bra being too small. Oh well, sometimes we blondes are a bit slow. Giggle giggle
Alright - another fellow (pardon that word) blonde! It's nice having the blonde excuse too. :) It covers up for all of the mistakes. :D