PDA

View Full Version : I got one thing in common with GGs.....

Deidra Cowen
12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
....nothing to wear! Due to slacking off on my diet and exercise starting around Thanksgiving I gained like 10 pounds. Oh lord and New Years Eve is coming up.

I used to be amused at my Ex Wife when she went through this stuff, now the worm has turned!

Going to really have work the stores this coming week to come up with something. But its going to have to be thrift stores I am guess...just looked at a couple of my credit cards online. Oh lord!!

Wait a minute...if I ate nothing all week, worked out...oh never mind! :tongueout

Amy Hepker
12-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Well Deidra, You can really find some nice things in thrift stores or even Ebay. If you ordered from my Ebay you would get it before New Years, but I don't know if we would have anything that you would like or anything in your size, but we do have a wide selection and so many sizes. If you want to check us out Email me, I'll give you my Ebay account. We list something different all the time.

Penny
12-24-2006, 11:47 AM
....nothing to wear! Due to slacking off on my diet and exercise starting around Thanksgiving I gained like 10 pounds. Oh lord and New Years Eve is coming up.

I used to be amused at my Ex Wife when she went through this stuff, now the worm has turned!

Going to really have work the stores this coming week to come up with something. But its going to have to be thrift stores I am guess...just looked at a couple of my credit cards online. Oh lord!!

Wait a minute...if I ate nothing all week, worked out...oh never mind! :tongueout
Time to pull out the old waist chincher!:heehee:

:hugs:

Penny

Deidra Cowen
12-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Time to pull out the old waist chincher!:heehee:

Penny

LOL I know you are kidding a bit....but I do have two corsets. However, I absolutely cant' stand wearing them all night. I gotta be comfortable. I know if I wore them all the time I would probably get used to them...but thats out!

But thanks for the tip sweetie.

Amy I PMed ya for that addy.

Kate Simmons
12-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, Deidra, I'll tell you what I used to tell my wife when she used to tell me this-Have you tried prayer? Wahoo, if looks could kill, I'd have been dead a long time ago.:beatup:

marie354
12-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh come on now... You don't have to be a skinny minnie to enjoy yourself.
I tend to worry about my gut too, but I'm losing it. Way too slowly, it seems.
Best wishes to you for the holidays!
Let's not think too hard about our weight and just have some fun, what do ya' say?

Karren H
12-24-2006, 02:45 PM
10 pounds.....wow!! I thought I was bad.....gained none over Thanksgiving but this last week, 4 holiday luncheons and dinners and up 6 pounds but walked off 2 with the wife so still net up 4....but do have a hockey game on Wednesday soooooo..... might be able to get back to my prethanksgiving weight...I hope

Karren

ShannonDragon
12-24-2006, 03:01 PM
My wife has been baking Christmas cookies, with all the good stuff. Its been hard to not just dive in and d--m the results!

:tongueout

Suzie Green
12-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Diedra, I am an athlete more than a crossdresser, and believe me, you are not alone when it comes to watching the odd 5 lbs or so. The holiday season is so tough, it takes a lot of self control to stay trim.

I guess I could make a road trip and come down and whip you back into "fighting condition!" :lol2:

Jesse69
12-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Deidra - 10lbs = 2 to 3 dresses sizes, so shouldn't you stuff still fit? What was your latest size? Are you perpetually on a diet?

Me - ideal weight 142 lbs (my low weight weight plateau). I'm only 2 - 3 lbs overweight so I'm happy. Yeah, I don't exercise much anymore during winter so I religiously don't overeat. Had to control myslef from the visit to Atlanta because I wanted to sample so much food. That Farmer's Market food in the malls is good!

Deidra Cowen
12-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Ahhh....well.....hmmmm......LOL....I got on the scale this morning. Gained 3 more pounds. OMG, went to a dinner party last night. Drank beer, ate tons of food was very bad. Lord I got more to do today with family. Will start the diet tomorrow! :tongueout

But yes basically I am on a Diet just about 90% of the time. I drop down to my Tgirl wieght...fall off the wagon. (Cheeseburgers and Draft Beers) Then do it again. The only thing that saves me is that I am good about going to the gym. And I got a pretty good exersise program that keeps me tight..but does not seem to build muscles.

Anyway...no ones fault but my own. I did have a good weekend however! :p

Deidra - 10lbs = 2 to 3 dresses sizes, so shouldn't you stuff still fit? What was your latest size? Are you perpetually on a diet?

Me - ideal weight 142 lbs (my low weight weight plateau). I'm only 2 - 3 lbs overweight so I'm happy. Yeah, I don't exercise much anymore during winter so I religiously don't overeat. Had to control myslef from the visit to Atlanta because I wanted to sample so much food. That Farmer's Market food in the malls is good!

Suzie Green
12-25-2006, 08:41 AM
:lol2: I hear you Deidra...I ate way too much at my son's house too. Exercise time for this girl today! :tongueout

Christine

Penny
12-25-2006, 08:56 AM
LOL I know you are kidding a bit....but I do have two corsets. However, I absolutely cant' stand wearing them all night. I gotta be comfortable. I know if I wore them all the time I would probably get used to them...but thats out!

But thanks for the tip sweetie.

Amy I PMed ya for that addy.

Yeh, if I wear one, I can go from 31' to 26' but not breath too. Plus, after a while I feel like a marked woman (literally). The marks they leave are incredable.

Penny

cindybarnes
12-25-2006, 09:45 AM
LOL Deidra !

You just need to keep those bigger outfits for emergencies! Even after ya slim back down dont say "I wont need this again " ,,,,, I tried that LOL
It seems my weight varies as much as my credit card bill :)
Merry Christmas !
Hugs
Cindy

Kimberly
12-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Not so much the weight thing... but you and me both, Deidra, on finding an outfit for New Years!

Our flat are having a party, and it'll be the january sales which will hopefully have something for me - and this party! xx

Kristen Kelly
12-25-2006, 10:58 AM
You need to have another thing in common with the GG’s; they have their FAT clothes. Like everyone we tend to watch less during the holidays what we eat and drink. I went off my diet in February and began a lifestyle change, portion control including alcohol I go out it’s 1-2 drinks max then club soda or diet coke, treadmill and stepper, and my favorite getting out enfem doing lots of dancing. My goal for the holidays is holding true 0 lbs, then 20 lbs next 3-6 months. Go Girls you can do it.

Cristi
12-25-2006, 08:18 PM
I can't exercise as much in the Winter (all the sports I enjoy are outside 'warm weather' ones) so regularly put on 10-15lbs every year :( I usually take it back off by April when I can get outside again, but these 'dark' months are pretty tough.

I've found that CDing makes one thing easier... when a few pounds overweight, it is MUCH easier to get into a comfy dress or elastic-waist skirt than it is a pair of mens pant or jeans that are too tight!!

Just shoot me if I ever start wearing pastel colored stretch pants! :(

Tina Dixon
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
I gained so much that I can't walk on my own any more, just kidding, but I'm getting way to fat, going to have to say no pretty soon.

Tamera
12-25-2006, 09:35 PM
I too have become a scale watcher expecially around the holidays. Exercise does not work for me, the only thing that works is less intake = less weight. I eat about 1200-1500 calories a day. It is really hard to resist my stomach grouling but thats all it gets. No breakfeast, No lunch, Just supper and I have lost 47 lbs. and still going. I now weigh about 168 and still have a little bit of a gut, but I'm getting close to wearing those form-fitting tops.

Cheryl GG
12-26-2006, 03:05 AM
I am like Tamera....too drop the extra weight I just have to drop back on the intake.....is the only way for me....they say drink water drink water....I hate water.....and geesh going to the bathroom 50million times a day just doesnt sound appealing to me...but lots preach by it....corsets...ha ha....I think its an all around agreement....they are horrible....they leave horrible marks...I dont care how fitted and sized for you they are....and I wonder how in the devil women back in the early 1900's wore the lace up type....I love the look that a full upper torso corset gives but geesh....and a cencher isnt comfortable either....is still a corset....I do the clothes in several sizes thing...and I buy alot from the thrift stores....I buy only brand name, so means I have to go thru the racks with a fine tooth comb....and ebay....ebay ebay....if you know your sizes you can get some deals....good luck on dropping the pounds....for me its hard to drop 5+ pounds in a short period of time....but I do know that men loose faster than women do....that is medically proven....happy dieting...-Cheryl

veronicagirl
12-26-2006, 11:41 AM
.....and here I am, lounging back in my pink sweats! Not going to worry until Jan 2nd. Then, it's leotards and those exercise dvd's. Until then, there's that other magic word....Rago! (and I don't mean spaghetti sauce)

Rachel Morley
12-26-2006, 02:57 PM
10 pounds?? ...what a bummer :sad: I think the Goodwill or clearance sales idea is a good one. No point spending money on what will be "temporary clothes". I guess you could always try wearing thin, loose, floatly chiffon type clothes and get in touch with your bohemian gypsy side on New Years Eve. :D

EricaCD
12-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Y'know, I thought I'd have this beat, because most of my clothes were bought when I was significantly heavier than I am now. "Perfect!" I thought to myself, "I have a ready-to-go set of fat clothes."

Then I took a look at them and realized they are all either trashy, too short for wearing out, or just plain icky.

Sigh...guess it's back to a regular diet and bye-bye Bordeaux! :(

Erica

Sharon B.
12-26-2006, 04:17 PM
You what you mean, have been wanting to go out and nothing I have in the closet appeals to me.
Went on line the other day and ordered a few new outfits, now if I could just muster the nerve to go in person and shop I would probably really enjoy going out as a woman instead of just driving around as one.

Kandi
12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
I have aquired an extra 10-15 over the last two weeks. Not too worried, not much difference between 240 and 255. Big gurls rock. See you at the Stage Door saterday night!