PDA

View Full Version : Had my navel pieced...Should I get a tattoo on my lower back?

lilsissy
12-24-2006, 12:31 PM
I got my belly button pierced a couple of months ago, and I LOVE it. The girl who did it said that she had done it to only one other male, and she thought it was sooo cute. Now I'm considering getting a tattoo on the small of my back. I was wondering if anyone else has had this done, and if so, what kind of reaction do you get?

marie354
12-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Not on body piercing... Ears only for me. But tatoos... I have a couple on my arms that I cover when enfemme when I remember to.
:hugs:
A tat is a permanant thing, so think it through first.
You might want to try a temp tat first so you can give it a test drive.
Hope this helps.
:love:

Bernadina
12-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Got my navel pierced last boxing day. Was thinking of a tat as well but a navel tat to complement the piercing. The lower back looks nice but I want one I can see too.

I'm practicing with temp tats to see what I really like before I decide it for real.

Suzie Green
12-24-2006, 03:05 PM
I have 6 tattoos, including one that covers nearly 1/2 my back. Not very feminine to be sure, but I don't leave the house dressed, so it's not a big deal. Just remember...tattoos are like potato chips...it's hard to stop at just one! :rolleyes:

Amy Hepker
12-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Sorry not me, I do have an L on my chest. If I did get anything pierced it would be my ears.

Scotty
12-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I pierced mine back in 1996, and you'll find bodycandy.com has a ton of jewelry at GREAT prices.

On the tat, that's a very personal thing. Do it if YOU want to but also beware that it's obviously forever, and forever means when you are 90 sitting in a rocking chair it will still be there.

I've got one on my ankle, a snake wrapped around a rose.
It's meaning is "Transformation".

Was a very personal thing for me. Tat's are for YOU to enjoy and if someone else likes it well that's fine too so make sure it's what YOU want to do and that you know it's forever of course.

Julie York
12-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Whenever I think of tattoos I think of the guy who had a tattoo of all four Ninja Turtles , one each thigh, one each arm, and they were not small.

He "Did it for my son age 5." Not over bright obviously.

His son probably doesn't want to be seen anywhere near him now he is an adult:D :D

So remember....A tattoo can make you look a total prat for life...not just for Christmas.

Rachel Morley
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Only my ears are pierced, but in the past I was very serious about getting my left nipple done and maybe my belly button too. However, I never did get any of it done. For me, the likelihood of getting it done now is slim because (for myself) at 44 I feel I'm now too old to carry off the look. Meaning, that if I had it done I'd want to show it off with cropped tops and low cut jeans. I also don't think I'd be happy unless I had zero fat on my abs. I have a flat-ish stomach but over the last four years or so, unfortunately my six pack has disappeared. :(

However, whatever your motivations for doing it, I see no reason not to, if you like it and want it then go for it! :happy:

MJ
12-24-2006, 05:02 PM
i will be getting my navel done. end of January the date is set so not long now
so did it hurt ???

Lexi
12-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I have my naval pierced and I also have a lower back tattoo. I have never had anyone say anything negative about it. My lower back tattoo is a celtic design so it is neither too feminine or too masculine for anyone to figure anything out. If you want to see it send me a pm and I will hook you up with some pics.

trannie T
12-24-2006, 09:55 PM
I have pierced ears, if I get tired of them I can pull out the studs and they will heal. Tattoos are forever, and when they are done they are as good as they will ever look. A friend told me once, "When I was younger I had a bulldog tattooed on my butt. Now that I'm older it looks more and more like a char pei."

davinalee
12-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Ive had my navel pierced,every body loves it. Got too many tattoos its like a drug,i only wanted two tats, now ive got 28 its hard to cover them up.think carefully before you have one. lots of love davinalee:devil:

rachel_rachel
12-25-2006, 09:00 PM
If i lost about 30kgs, I'd consider a navel pericing. The tatt though???? not too sure on that one.

Naomi
12-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Not on body piercing... Ears only for me. But tatoos... I have a couple on my arms that I cover when enfemme when I remember to.
A tat is a permanant thing, so think it through first.
You might want to try a temp tat first so you can give it a test drive.
Hope this helps.
:love:

thats very sound advice Marie has given. Ive thought about getting a tattoo myself on many occasians. ive seen some of the work that local tattooist have done and so far ive not been impressed with anything ive seen in the flesh.

JeanneF
12-26-2006, 11:09 AM
If i lost about 30kgs, I'd consider a navel pericing.

Same here. I'm working on getting a flat stomach. When I do (hopefully by summer), I'm going to get my navel pierced. It doesn't look totally cute, but I don't want to get it done until I can wear midriff tops.

I'm thinking about getting a lower back tattoo as well. I already have a tattoo on my upper back and one on my right ankle, so I'm not concerned about it being my first one. My only concern is that only girls have "tramp stamps", and it's something that is not easily explained away.

noname
12-26-2006, 02:34 PM
I recommend against tatoos, or at least think long and make certain it's what you want to do. Simple because you could end up regretting it later in life. I suspect there are a great deal of women who regrett getting the lowerback tatoo. I'm not saying don't. But I would think long and hard about it.

lady lycra
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Personally I think tattoos are stupid. What is fashionable today may not be in a few years time. Tattoos should NEVER be a fashion accessory.

Do yourself a favour.... Pick a design you like, and then think about ii FOR 3 YEARS, then if you still REALLY want it have it done.

Having a girly tat is barmy!!!! Your views on CDing, the frequency etc will change over time. Do you really want a permanent scar to show the world that you're a CDer?

Potty, barmy, crazy etc etc etc....

Pluck your eyerbrows fiirst ans see how others react to a temporary disply of femininity.... You my get a shock.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

LL

ShannonDragon
12-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Tats remind me just way toooo much of work. Offenders have tats coming out their eyeballs and some of the officers you can't tell them from the offenders!

Likewise if I ever have anything pierced it would be ears only.

Maybe its a generation thing.

:tongueout

Julie York
12-26-2006, 05:32 PM
One post and never returned.

Still.....made for an interesting thread.

Tatiana Thomas
12-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Small of the back tat, never. They dont call it a "Tramp Stamp" for nothing.

Sweet Jane
12-27-2006, 01:58 AM
yeah, I'd get the lower back done for sure, and probably while I was in there get a little eyeliner put on and maybe some lippy too....

XDressDreaming
12-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Small of the back tat, never. They dont call it a "Tramp Stamp" for nothing.

Yeah i have never liked tattoos in general, especially tramp stamps ... i guess it could be worse, paw print tattoos ...

Stormgirl
12-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Just make sure that this is what you want on your skin for the rest of your life. Piercings usually go away but tatoos are forever,that is why I will not get one because knowing me, I will probably not be happy with it down the road. I want to get a navel piercing,maybe when I get out....did it hurt much? I've had my tongue,ears and eyebrow pierced but the one that hurt the most was the eyebrow.

lilsissy
12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Sorry to disappear, I've been away for the holidays. I've had my ears pierced for a few years now, and as I said, I love my little belly piercing. You're absolutely right about it only looking good on a tight, trim tummy. I've seen quite a few GG's who shouldn't be wearing those midriff tops to display their belly jewelry, and that just gives me more incentive to diet and exercise to keep myself toned. About the tat, I already have a few, including a beautiful large laced heart/rose combination on my right shoulder blade. When I wear a tank top, it's easy to see, and even though I've received some cruel comments about it from men, I don't care. It communicates a lot about my inner self, that a broken heart can be mended with beauty and love. I also have a sexy chinese character on my left bikini area, done in purple and red, and outlined in black, that means progress, growth , or change. My first tattoo, fading somewhat after twelve years, is a winged unicorn on my left shoulder above my bicep...just because I love unicorns. My tattoos are somewhat "feminine", but I've received positive feedback from lots of people about them, and just ignore the ignorance of others.

My eyebrows are plucked regularly by a wonderful girl who maintains them in a somewhat androgenous style, not too arched but obviously attended to. She also colors my naturally curly hair a warm shade of auburn, trimming it in a funky shag that I also love. My monthly appointments at the salon are a real treat for me, and while some of the women may raise an eyebrow, so what? I also spent about 4 years receiving regular full body waxes which has really thinned out my body hair. My ex-wife would accompany me, and it was no secret that I was trying to enhance my femininity as much as possible. The technician knew about, and found very interesting, many aspects of our D/S marriage.

I'm not passable as a girl, 37 years old, 6' 2" tall and approx 175-180 lbs. But I do keep myself slim, smooth and neat. I am not trying to become female, but to incorporate the best of masculine and feminine traits in my life. I like to surround myself with pretty things, and wear clothing that makes me feel good while being appropriate for the occasion. I am bisexual and submissive when it comes to sex, but I am heterosexual when it comes to romance and life. While some may scoff at this contrast, I am comfortable with who I am and long ago stopped caring about what strangers think of me. I am unfortunately single now, as life has taken it's turns, but I hope to meet a woman who appreciates a man of many facets. Until then, I'll take care of myself, look for the best in life and try to be good to those around me.

Sorry to ramble on so...I appreciated all the comments, so I thought I might use this as an introduction. Happy 2007 to you all

michelleliz
12-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I hav ea butterfly tattoed on my lower leg. I have thought about getting my belly button pierced. I just don't know what a doctor would say or think. and I need to have a check up in Jan. He would probly wander about the tattoo too

Michelle

Trinni
12-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Like everyone said, Tats are forever so make sure it is something you really, really want.

Bernadina
12-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I hav ea butterfly tattoed on my lower leg. I have thought about getting my belly button pierced. I just don't know what a doctor would say or think. and I need to have a check up in Jan. He would probly wander about the tattoo too

Michelle

Unless it poses a medical problem, its none of the doctor's business and you should not care what he/she thinks. And most medical people have already seen stuff stranger than we can imagine.

steffany
12-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Like many other contributors to this thread, I have never thought much of tatts on anyone, so i personally wouldn't bother with a tatt.

A piercing, however, is a different matter. I have been toying with the idea of getting a nipple pierced (maybe both??), but I've heard it can be very painful. I don't have any piercings at all at present (not even ears) so does anyone have any advice or stories to tell on nipple piercings??

Scotty
12-31-2006, 12:43 AM
I have my belly button pierced, and I am 6'1 and a tad, and also 175lbs - much like you are.

I just got a tattoo a few moths ago (My how time flies).

It's not completley visible unless I turn my ankle out, and am wearing shorts.

I love it, they are personal and should have personal meaning for YOU.

They are forever, so get it done by a professional - always check backgrounds and ask around as to where someone got theirs done and whether they recommend the place. I went to 4 places before I felt comfortable.

They are neat though, but think it through as they are permanent.

And make sure you use the moisturizer 6 times a day or more and do NOT pick at the scabs or rub them down - it'll cause discoloration.
I've got a tiny tiny white spot on mine I will have to have touched up, barely visible to anyone except me.

Anyway I'll post pics of it next time I post a pic of me, PM me if you'd like to see it :)

Tracy Lynn
12-31-2006, 12:49 AM
I recently got a tattoo on my upper back. Alot of thought went into it as I didn't want it to look too masculine or feminine. I would say go for it but make sure you know what you want. It will be there forever.

Post with picture.
http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45645

Ronda_B
12-31-2006, 03:39 AM
I got tattoos while in the NAVY and now I wish that I hadn't. When I dress I have to wear long sleeves. And the ones on my chest aren't too girly. All of which it was during my rebellious period. I thought that getting Tats would stop me from being a CDer, but it didn't. Now it is hard to cover a NAVY anchor on the forearm and a big eagle on my shoulder.

reginaNJ1
01-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I would love to get my belly pierced but I dont think I have the right type for it. But I do have a Tramp stamp as they call it, gender neutral, just my sign. BUT let me tell you all it does hurt big time. Men have less fat back there, and when thet go across the back bone, you would think there drilling for oil.almost 3 hours. .I dont think I have had dental work that hurt as much when the artist hit that bone.