PDA

View Full Version : Television

marie354
12-24-2006, 08:31 PM
I usually have the TV playing all the time. I have this awful ringing in my ears from working in loud enviornments most of my life. No cure yet, gotta' live with it.
Well, the only thing I found interesting was a show called ''Dirty Jobs''.
One of the more interesting and somewhat educational programs on TV.
Tonight, right now if fact, Mike Rowe is working with concrete. Well they were sitting back taking their shoes off, Mike and the boss, and lo and behold... The bos, don't know his name, had painted toes and a toe ring on his right foot. He never took off his left sock after Mike told him to cover it up.
Wow! That was bold! I wasn't paying attension, but I am now! Oh well that part is over. Had I known, I'd recorded it!

I know I'm making this a little wordy but I learned something else...
They had a section earlier on coal miners. It it Karren that works in the mines? Well I have a better understanding now of just what it's all about.

Karren, If you're reading this, how's your hearing at the end of the day. Do you get to work with the explosives? I'll bet that's interesting.
I'd love to hear more about it, it looked very hazardious.

Well enough... Sombody change the subject already... Yak! Yak Yak! Is all I seem to do.
Love you all!
Sandy
:hugs: :hugs: and more :hugs: just love :hugs:

Kate Simmons
12-24-2006, 08:37 PM
You're a regular woman Sandra. I was always shy as Richard. As Ericka. I'm a regular "Chatty Cathy" and you can't shut me up sometimes. Goes with the "turf" I guess. Anyway, I also have ringing in my ears as I have a hearing loss due the job I did in the Army. I can hear most everything except certain high pitches where there is a "flat spot" but I know what you mean about the ringing.:happy:

marie354
12-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks Ericka!
Yeah, there is no cure yet, but listening to a local radio station when I sleep helps a lot.
I've heard that wave machines or rain machines work good too.
Love ya!
Sandy

Kate Simmons
12-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Thanks Ericka!
Yeah, there is no cure yet, but listening to a local radio station when I sleep helps a lot.
I've heard that wave machines or rain machines work good too.
Love ya!
SandyI run a fan in the Winter and A/C in the Summer for "white noise" so I can sleep. Seems to work for me. I'm retired now, so I can set my own hours now really. Don't need to get up any certain time. :happy:

marie354
12-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I'm retired as well, and it's wonderful just to be able to go to sleep when I want and sleep in later when I want.
I've worked hard all my life and I'm enjoying my retirement.
:hugs: and kisses.

MJ
12-24-2006, 08:57 PM
hi i saw that show. hmmm i bet even money he is a cdr. why else would he do that ? ...

jennifer easton
12-24-2006, 09:00 PM
whoa I'm in the same boat drove a lumber truck for 25 yr. and in the summer with the windows down had to have the radio up loud to hear so between the two I've got loss to, hear ringing also, like you Ericka, can't hear high sounds my watch alarm will go off every one can hear it but me, we to run a fan all year to sleep, me for the ring, my GF for her hot flashes xoxoxoxjennifer

jennifer easton
12-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I saw that show this summer, I was wondering why they didn't cut it, guess he was ok with every one knowing xoxoxojennifer (maybe he lost a bet,or his GF did it when he was asleep heeheeheehee)

marie354
12-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I saw that show this summer, I was wondering why they didn't cut it, guess he was ok with every one knowing xoxoxojennifer (maybe he lost a bet,or his GF did it when he was asleep heeheeheehee)

I'm sure he's a CD/TS. Why would he wear a toe ring?
They really looked nice though.
:hugs:

McLegs
12-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Keep watching "Dirty Jobs". There is another episode also dealing with concrete where one of the guys has plumbers pants. They clearly show a red thong. Mike even comments on it & they show the clip your talking about. Mike even says something on the line of ' Whats with you concrete guys?'. Seems funny that both were concrete workers.

Happy Holidays,
Michelle

TxKimberly
12-25-2006, 11:24 AM
I usually have the TV playing all the time. I have this awful ringing in my ears from working in loud enviornments most of my life. No cure yet, gotta' live with it.
Tonight, right now if fact, Mike Rowe is working with concrete. Well they were sitting back taking their shoes off, Mike and the boss, and lo and behold... The bos, don't know his name, had painted toes and a toe ring on his right foot. He never took off his left sock after Mike told him to cover it up.
Wow! That was bold! I wasn't paying attension, but I am now! Oh well that part is over. Had I known, I'd recorded it!

They had a section earlier on coal miners. It it Karren that works in the mines? Well I have a better understanding now of just what it's all about.

Karren, If you're reading this, how's your hearing at the end of the day. Do you get to work with the explosives? I'll bet that's interesting.

Well enough... Sombody change the subject already... Yak! Yak Yak! Is all I seem to do.
Love you all!
Sandy
Dirty Jobs is one of my favorite shows. Also like Myth Busters on the same channel.
Don't know why I wanted to share that but what the heck. . .
Kim

Karren H
12-25-2006, 11:38 AM
I have severe tinitus (sounds like a jet engine all the time) also plus hearing loss in both ears.....and not from working underground.....I always wear my provided and mandated hearing protection....from the lound rock n roll music I played (and still play)...played in numerous bands and always have it cranked up high.... Even now with my MP3 player...."Don't want to be an American Idiot....." Sing it girls....hehe

Love Karren

TxKimberly
12-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I have severe tinitus (sounds like a jet engine all the time) also plus hearing loss in both ears.....and not from working underground.....I always wear my provided and mandated hearing protection....from the lound rock n roll music I played (and still play)...played in numerous bands and always have it cranked up high.... Even now with my MP3 player...."Don't want to be an American Idiot....." Sing it girls....hehe

Love Karren
Karen,

I knew I liked you for a reason! I also play guitar - it's my "drug" of choice and gives me peace. I have also been in a couple of bands but they were terrible! :-(
Kim

marie354
12-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I did learn to play guitar, but never played in a band. I did, however, do all of the wiring for a religious band I worked with when I was in my teens. What we called a ''snake''. I sat out in the audience and adjusted the levels on the fly so it sounded good. Was a blast!

veronicagurl85
12-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I would say I'm on that road to hearing loss. I have a ringing in my ears constantly. But I guess that's partly my fault I play guitar in a band with fairly loud equipment. Hehe . Have to be loud in a rock band. Hehe.

Veronica

Charleen
12-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Heh? Somebody say somethin'?
Same thing here(hear?). I was an a band as a youth, bass guitar, then 'cause I sucked, took over the sound and lighting.
Then there was the ever present headphones when listening to the stereo which was of course cranked up! Headphones are still a rush!
It used to be that I would think the phone was ringing. Just my ears. At least now that doesn't happen as phones don't ring anymore.
Ran into a guy at the local hick Stop-N-Rob the other day and both his ears were burnt. Had to know, so I asked what happened. He said he had to iron his pants for church as his wife wouldn't and as he was ironing the phone rang. I said, O.K., but what about the other one? He said he had to call the hospital.
Love and xxxx, Lily

JenniferR771
12-26-2006, 12:25 PM
I hate when that happens!:D

Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters--my two favorite shows--unless you count What Not to Wear.:eek:
Maybe it is the concrete--one of the girls in our local support group works on a paving crew--asphalt in his(her) case. Big shoulders--but very attractive when en femme.

maid phylis
12-26-2006, 03:51 PM

Love you all!
Sandy

dear marie i also have tinitus which is a ringing in the ears.i have had mine since 1986 and i was driving a open tractor for a few years and one day i woke up and there it was ..i just live with it .love phylisanne:love:

Debb
12-27-2006, 05:31 AM
on the (off-topic) subject of tinnitus ...

I have it too. Got it from the constant noise at work (I work in a mainframe computer shop, lots of machines and fans providing a constant background noise).

My research revealed a few facts that might be of use to you fellow-sufferers:

1) the noise that you're hearing is increased in frequency and volume when you take NSAids (like Aleve (naproxen) or Motrin (ibuprofen)).

2) the tinnitus comes from long exposure to noises. Therefore, in hopes of preserving my ears at their present state, I sleep with no noise in the background, and wear earplugs when I'm going to be in a noisy environment .. even when driving in my convertible.

3) directed sounds, like what you get from headphones, are worse than "natural" sounds, as far as making your tinnitus worse.

I am sorry that I have no cites for the above, it is all stuff I took notes on but never wrote down where I got the info.

Robin Leigh
12-27-2006, 09:59 AM
How curious! Maybe I was channeling when I made my joke the other day about a CDing bricklayer. :) http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=672027#post672027

I'm sad to see that so many of us have hearing loss. I've worked in noisy environments & enjoyed playing & listening to loud music, but I generally try to protect my ears. I will admit that I do have some high frequency loss & occasionally get some ringing.

One popular Australian musician has ringing so bad that he's moved to the tropics. The sound of the bullfrogs calling helps him get to sleep.

Eventually, there will be a cure for this condition, but the current level of artificial cochlea technology is no match for the real thing. So look after your ears! If you must be in a noisy place, wear proper earplugs or other approved hearing protection.

Robin

suzy
12-27-2006, 10:05 AM
So...painted toenails and a toe ring......accidentially exposed on TV eh??... Accidentially you say?? Hummm....I'd like to hear his side and there is nothing wrong with my hearing!:D